Ryan Tannehill re-signed

WMDman

40 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yeah, the Cowboys can’t like this as they try to convince Dak to take 33.  

Allen’s contract already scares me 

If Allen leads us to a playoff victory, the new CBA with a 17 game season will get him $40 million per year

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Gives Tennessee a 2 year window now if what they got from Tannehill last year can be repeated. I am sceptical that is can but if they believe it then they have a 2 year window. 

Agreed on both

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

And I just think he is a class above the other guys. I put Ryan in the "how the hell didn't he win one?" category that Philip Rivers belongs in. He is a better Quarterback than Flacco, Stafford and Carr and Tannehill isn't even in the same ball park as Ryan. 

Same reason Garappalo doesn't have one.  Kyle Shanahan refuses to run the ball to close out the Superbowl.  I agree with you though that he's a step above the players I listed.

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

If Allen leads us to a playoff victory, the new CBA with a 17 game season will get him $40 million per year

He's under contract for three more seasons assuming we pick up the 5th year option so we should have plenty of time to see if he's worth it.

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Gives Tennessee a 2 year window now if what they got from Tannehill last year can be repeated. I am sceptical that is can but if they believe it then they have a 2 year window. 

They just spent 62 million to see if he will be more like his first 6 seasons or more like his last 13 games.

Looks like Brady turned them away. 

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He's under contract for three more seasons assuming we pick up the 5th year option so we should have plenty of time to see if he's worth it.

I think both sides would be looking for a long term deal sooner than year 5 if he continues to improve.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They just spent 62 million to see if he will be more like his first 6 seasons or more like his last 13 games.

Oh I agree totally. All I am saying is if they are right it creates a window for them.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure why he'd turn them away.  They have what he's looking for in terms of receivers, a great running game and a good defense.

40 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Joe Flacco, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, and Derek Carr come to mind when I see a contract like this.  Good but not great starting quarterbacks that keep your team from taking that next step because they need talent around them on both sides of the ball in order to win a Superbowl.  Their salary prohibits the team from acquiring that talent.  This was a bad move for the Titans.  Especially given last year may have been the exception and not the norm as far as Tannehill is concerned. 

Matt Ryan good not great? 

14 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think both sides would be looking for a long term deal sooner than year 5 if he continues to improve.

I hope we get to that point.  However, if we're still not sure (like the Bucs and Titans last year), it's a good thing we have that 5th year option.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Matt Ryan good not great? 

Right now I don't even know if he cracks the top 10.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I hope we get to that point.  However, if we're still not sure (like the Bucs and Titans last year), it's a good thing we have that 5th year option.

Right now I don't even know if he cracks the top 10.

You were clearly referring to the year they signed their contracts.

48 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Joe Flacco, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, and Derek Carr come to mind when I see a contract like this.  Good but not great starting quarterbacks that keep your team from taking that next step because they need talent around them on both sides of the ball in order to win a Superbowl.  Their salary prohibits the team from acquiring that talent.  This was a bad move for the Titans.  Especially given last year may have been the exception and not the norm as far as Tannehill is concerned. 

one of these will be a Chicago Bear or Case Keenum