2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Curious what you don't see in the BC kid that outs him in UDFA territory for you?

I think he's draftable; I just personally am not interested in being the team that does it. For the Bills, I'm looking for:

1. Receiving ability & pass blocking ability
  2. Home run ability
  3. Comfort running with spread personnel

With regard to Dillon:

1. Non-existent in the passing game and struggled the few times they did try to involve him.
  2. 3rd worst in the class in terms of breakaway % (% of yards made up of 15+ yard runs).
  3. No evidence of it; BC is pretty much solely running 22 personnel and other packages like that.

Ultimately, the only thing he really proved in college is that he can churn out tough yards out of crowded formations which I'd generally like to minimize anyways. Everything else is either a weakness or completely unproven. If you're a team like Tennessee that wants to play that way anyways or you're a team that wants a guy purely for goal line carries and similar situations, I think he makes sense. That just isn't something I want to invest a draft pick in.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think he's draftable; I just personally am not interested in being the team that does it. For the Bills, I'm looking for:

1. Receiving ability & pass blocking ability
  2. Home run ability
  3. Comfort running with spread personnel

With regard to Dillon:

1. Non-existent in the passing game and struggled the few times they did try to involve him.
  2. 3rd worst in the class in terms of breakaway % (% of yards made up of 15+ yard runs).
  3. No evidence of it; BC is pretty much solely running 22 personnel and other packages like that.

Ultimately, the only thing he really proved in college is that he can churn out tough yards out of crowded formations which I'd generally like to minimize anyways. Everything else is either a weakness or completely unproven. If you're a team like Tennessee that wants to play that way anyways or you're a team that wants a guy purely for goal line carries and similar situations, I think he makes sense. That just isn't something I want to invest a draft pick in.

Remember Greg Jones out of FSU?  That’s who he reminds me of.  Too muscle-bound for a RB.  Very limited in what you can use him for.

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

False 

4.66 is slow. Singletary constantly got caught from behind. He is nothing more than a complimentary back and the way he was used proves that. Cant wait for another 1 word answer from you . Joke

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, noacls said:

4.66 is slow. Singletary constantly got caught from behind. He is nothing more than a complimentary back and the way he was used proves that. Cant wait for another 1 word answer from you . Joke

He isn’t fast, but he is quick, and slippery, and as a RB that can be better than straightline speed especially when paired with elite vision like he presents. I believe he can be a #1 RB but feel the Gore role needs upgraded, because McDermott said he doesn’t believe one RB should get all the carries. and i think you add a speed guy. A RB with vision is much harder to find than a RB who can run fast, but that’s what I call a “complementary” RB. Not a guy like Singletary.   I remember watching the playoff game in the 4th quarter and my buddy (not a Bills fan) texting me: “Singletary is THAT DUDE.”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, noacls said:

I think Singletary can be a lead back. His vision is elite. But you are right that he always got caught from behind. In fact, he consistently looked behind himself bracing for the tackle. He’s not gonna outrun anyone...

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I think Singletary can be a lead back. His vision is elite. But you are right that he always got caught from behind. In fact, he consistently looked behind himself bracing for the tackle. He’s not gonna outrun anyone...

Dobbins is the same way. We always said “Zeke wouldn’t have been caught there”. But he’s so damn good.

If there was ever a draft to fill key offensive positions, this is it. Lots of additional wrs shinning in this combine like Claypool, Mims & Jefferson. Jonathan Taylor putting up a strong time. Beane has a tough decision but he better emphasize offense in the first 5 picks. Use FA and that $90 M to upgrade your defense. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If there was ever a draft to fill key offensive positions, this is it. Lots of additional wrs shinning in this combine like Claypool, Mims & Jefferson. Jonathan Taylor putting up a strong time. Beane has a tough decision but he better emphasize offense in the first 5 picks. Use FA and that $90 M to upgrade your defense. 

And one OL with the free agency too please.?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:
  1. Thank you for your service.
  2. I'm sorry that you call Central California home.  Great people, but, my goodness, not the best place to live (Lemoore here).
  3. What his coach said about him screams "Process!"

Home is Panama City Florida. I was born and raised in Fresno. That was actually the first time I’ve been to Fresno in 10 years.  I think Jaylon fits into the 45-60 range. He could be an option at 54 if he’s there.

28 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Not necessarily. If there is a much better talented D player at 22 then everybody else we have rated on offense then we go with the best player. There's plenty of other rounds to pick up offensive talent. beane's going to pick a draft board and stick with it. And I trust him.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Home is Panama City Florida. I was born and raised in Fresno. That was actually the first time I’ve been to Fresno in 10 years.  I think Jaylon fits into the 45-60 range. He could be an option at 54 if he’s there.

I’ve got him in the 28-40 range at the moment. I think he’s got some scheme flexibility and that probably buys him a few draft slots.

2 hours ago, noacls said:

Motor is absolutely a #1 RB. He does it all and extremely well. Home run hitter? No. Still extremely gifted.

9 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Motor is absolutely a #1 RB. He does it all and extremely well. Home run hitter? No. Still extremely gifted.

RB1, RB2, doesn’t matter. Point is that this team needs another legitimate backfield threat. I’ve been using the term a RB1b for what they need.

Motor can take 15-20 carries per game; we need a guy that can take another 12-16 and be a threat to score on each of them.

JMO

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, noacls said:

...so is there an element of fractional lost time waiting for the OL to develop in front of him or do you solely attribute everything to his purported slowness?....broaden your assessment scope and then report back.....

• Haha (+1) 1