My sleeper pick round 1

Buffalo716

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

What if it's a top Tackle prospect?

WEO is against drafting olinemen in the first as a point of principle. 

EDIT: I don't agree with him by the way. 3 of the final 4 teams this year had left tackles taken in the first round of the draft - Fisher (KC), Lewan (TEN), Staley (SF). 

Edited by GunnerBill

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

WEO is against drafting olinemen in the first as a point of principle. 

EDIT: I don't agree with him by the way. 3 of the final 4 teams this year had left tackles taken in the first round of the draft - Fisher (KC), Lewan (TEN), Staley (SF). 

I'm a huge fan of lineman in RD1 if talent warrants

Tackle is a NO BRAINER. LT or RT

I was hugeee on Zach Martin before most I'm college and same with Quentin.. Interior studs are hard to come by

Ruiz ISNT at that level but few are.. he is right below it

Edited by Buffalo716

On 2/24/2020 at 8:45 AM, GunnerBill said:

I just think after Young the next clutch of pass rushers are quite close together and I'd feel more comfortable value wise sliding back and seeing which one is there at say, #27 or #28 if you can find a team wanting to come up. The problem is who might that team come up for? Baltimore for one of the two linebackers mentioned above feels a possibility. Tennessee for one of the 2nd tier corners if they have a specific guy they love might be another option. 

22 is PRIME real estate for a team trading back up into Round 1 for a QB who slid... let’s say the Chargers miss out or pass on Herbert and Love (who is more suited for Lynn’s offense) is still there at 22, I could totally see them making a play for our pick.  21-23 is ALWAYS where that action happens.  

Edited by Coach Tuesday

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

22 is PRIME real estate for a team trading back up into Round 1 for a QB who slid... let’s say the Chargers miss out or pass on Herbert and Love (who is more suited for Lynn’s offense) is still there at 22, I could totally see them making a play for our pick.  21-23 is ALWAYS where that action happens.  

LJ, Paxton Lynch and Teddy Bridgewater as a few examples. All late firsts.

Edited by FireChans
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Seeing as McD needs to replace Zo as a LB & he also likes a player that is versatile to where he could utilize them in multiple places with in his scheme I think that Kyle Dugger could be a possibility in the 1st round .

They have him in the top 50 players of the draft he was a DB- safety that the "Experts" view he could be used at Zo's position weak side LB & he has time on ST's so there is a player he could use in 3 different spots, just a thought ?

Edited by T master

My sleeper:   

https://theathletic.com/1635212/2020/02/26/nfl-scouting-combine-40-yard-dash-times-vertical-broad-jumps/

Tristan Wirfs, OL, Iowa   

Our No. 1 Freak last summer, the 6-5, 320-pound Wirfs set an Iowa record in the power clean by powering out four reps at 450 pounds. He is an absolute beast in the weight room, and it does carry over to the field. The former state champion wrestler  :wub:   also vertical jumped 35 inches last offseason, which would have been the second-highest jump by an O-lineman at the NFL Scouting Combine in the past seven years. He’s also gone 9-5 feet in the broad jump.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My sleeper:   

https://theathletic.com/1635212/2020/02/26/nfl-scouting-combine-40-yard-dash-times-vertical-broad-jumps/

Tristan Wirfs, OL, Iowa   

Our No. 1 Freak last summer, the 6-5, 320-pound Wirfs set an Iowa record in the power clean by powering out four reps at 450 pounds. He is an absolute beast in the weight room, and it does carry over to the field. The former state champion wrestler  :wub:   also vertical jumped 35 inches last offseason, which would have been the second-highest jump by an O-lineman at the NFL Scouting Combine in the past seven years. He’s also gone 9-5 feet in the broad jump.

Long gone but would love to have him!

On 2/23/2020 at 10:24 PM, Buffalo716 said:

You don't draft a RT prospect in round 2 and convert him to guard after 1 year

RT is a hard position to play and most peak at 28-30, unless you draft Lane Johnson In the first round

Ford will be Ok, we haven't had a good RT here in a long time because we don't let them develop

Line play across the league is at an all time low, you need development unless you wanna rely on waiver wire and FA

I'd be willing to bet that Ford does play guard next year.

1 hour ago, DJB said:

C Ruiz?

I doubt that guy even goes round 1.

It's a down year for interior lineman as a whole. 

Scouts love him. He is the number 1 interior line prospect

He's gonna be the first interior off board, watch

And just cus it's a down year as whole doesn't mean he's not a stud. He has Travis Frederick potential and can play guard

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Scouts love him. He is the number 1 interior line prospect

He's gonna be the first interior off board, watch

And just cus it's a down year as whole doesn't mean he's not a stud. He has Travis Frederick potential and can play guard

I think Cushenburry from LSU is the better prospect. 

I will admit about Ruiz, some scouts love him, others dont like him at all. 

So long as one team loves him I could see him going round 1 but I dont find it likely

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

I think Cushenburry from LSU is the better prospect. 

I will admit about Ruiz, some scouts love him, others dont like him at all. 

So long as one team loves him I could see him going round 1 but I dont find it likely

I haven't talked to many actual scouts whk don't think Ruiz is a fantastic prospect

Early mock people may not like him but they aren't scouts. He is flying up draft boards. Kiper has him 24 on his big board

Edited by Buffalo716

On 2/23/2020 at 10:18 PM, Buffalo716 said:

(sorry for weird font I have no clue what happened)

(this is not who I think the Bills will take. But if all edge, WR are gone can be a sleeper I would consider)

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

A non redshirt at a major school on the offensive line is not the norm, but Cesar Ruiz was able to come into UM and give them time right away

the #1 center prospect in the country 3 years ago has been nothing but advertised for the wolverines

He uses great size with mobility and power and is great at pulling. Has a mean streak and plays through the whistle

and has guard /center flexibility for the NFL which our team covets

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cesar-ruiz?id=32195255-4941-5291-5447-fa1de6f9c62b

Lance Zeirlein report. Compares to James Daniels

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/cesar-ruiz/HRgG1Dhpp7

Marino Eric Wood comp

i think he's a top 25 player in the draft when all is said and done and in such a deep Wr class we can get a good target like Justin Jefferson round 2 while adding a huge key to the line

His linemate Bredeson is a projected top 2 round pick and Kiper calls him the best guard in the draft... I think Ruiz is better 

I have always been a big believer of building from the inside out.. on both sides

Is this an unorthodox pick? Probably but I'm not picking for the Bills and I see a stud G/C for years. He can even move over when Morse is gone

I want no part of an olineman in the first round. I want to add the best skill player we can get whether that be a pass rusher or WR, hell I'll even take a LB or #2 DB to pair next to Tre' White. Those positions are gonna get us closer to a Super Bowl this season than a lineman will

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I want no part of an olineman in the first round. I want to add the best skill player we can get whether that be a pass rusher or WR, hell I'll even take a LB or #2 DB to pair next to Tre' White. Those positions are gonna get us closer to a Super Bowl this season than a lineman will

Did you even read the OP? I said if the board falls in a terrible way and there are no edge or Top WRs if would be something to consider

Like plan F

And I'm pretty sure the Redskins whipped our Ass in the SB because the Hogs upfront

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did you even read the OP? I said if the board falls in a terrible way and there are no edge or Top WRs if would be something to consider

Like plan F

And I'm pretty sure the Redskins whipped our Ass in the SB because the Hogs upfront

And because Levy got outcoached just like in every other super bowl and the team partied their tails off too much the night before the games. I'm sure that had a lot to do with it as well 

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

My sleeper:   

Tristan Wirfs, OL, Iowa   

Sleeper? Wirfs is going top 20. He is 8th on my big board. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

And because Levy got outcoached just like in every other super bowl and the team partied their tails off too much the night before the games. I'm sure that had a lot to do with it as well 

Lots of factors

But at the end of the day nobody can tell me that having a top flight line isn't a huge bonus

The game is won in the trenches and always has been. Having a line that can dominant will make everything click easier and make everyone look better

Again he isn't my 1,2,3,4,5 but a smart team is gonna draft him and smart teams value the line