My sleeper pick round 1

Buffalo716

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Oh please.  Brandon Schreff was touted as one of the best OT in the draft and the Redskins moved him to guard after taking him #5 overall.  Marshal Yanda was drafted as a right tackle before switching to guard and he's been to seven pro bowls.  Ford's strengths make him much more suited as a starting guard and I suspect he'll dominate at that position.

I never thought schreff was a great tackle prospect 

6 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Ford played almost entirely at guard in college until his senior year. He was one of the best guards in the country. His footwork isn’t quick enough to handle fast edge rushers and that was evident. 

There is nothing wrong at all with moving him inside to his best position. By going after a true RT, our line solves two needs with one addition. I don’t see how this is a bad thing. 

He had good quickness in college...

Some scouts thought he could be a LT...

This is NOT a Koundjo (spelling) situation. He needs development

You want a stud RT be prepared to take him top 15

Edited by Buffalo716

Everybody wanted Cordy at guard , everybody wants Ford there..

It's easy for armchairs to say yea he'd be a great guard. Guess what? It's easier to play guard

Lots of tackles can play guard

Tackles take development and unless you take one first round ,you need development

People are saying Cody isn't quick but he had good quickness in college. it's called overthinking and playing slower because you have alot on your plate

We would NEVER have a RT if we play musicle chairs after 1 season

He wasn't a stud but he wasn't as bad as you guys are making it out. He was up and down . If they wanted him at guard they shoulda done it instantly, not as a last ditch

I am willing to draft RTs top15. I'm willing to draft lineman round1.. If I brought that up not in this thread the majority would say I'm crazy for drafting a RT that high

That's the only way your getting a Day1 stud. Every other RT needs time, it's just how football is

Can Ford be a great guard, yea..  he can also still be a great tackle

Edited by Buffalo716

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

newbee move.  I made the same mistake when I was in one of my first posts.  Mostly, because I’m half blind without my glasses.  Buffalo is no newbee, so maybe he lost his cheaters for that morning.  You know I’m kidding 716.  

I have no idea

The only thing I copy pasted was his name to spell right and the scouting report

Maybe it out everything outta wack

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Everybody wanted Cordy at guard , everybody wants Ford there..

It's easy for armchairs to say yea he'd be a great guard. Guess what? It's easier to play guard

Every tackle can play guard. Every one or atleast 99%

Tackles take development and unless you take one first round ,you need development

People are saying Cody isn't quick but he had good quickness in college. it's called overthinking and playing slower because you have alot on your plate

We would NEVER have a RT if we play musicle chairs after 1 season

He wasn't a stud but he wasn't as bad as you guys are making it out. He was up and down . If they wanted him at guard they shoulda done it instantly, not as a last ditch

I am willing to draft RTs top15. I'm willing to draft lineman round1.. If I brought that up not in this thread the majority would say I'm crazy for drafting a RT that high

That's the only way your getting a Day1 stud. Every other RT needs time, it's just how football is

Can Ford be a great guard, yea..  he can also still be a great tackle

I don't believe every tackle can play guard. Is tackle the easier position? Yes. But Buddy Nix used to subscribe to the theory that any sub standard tackle can just be shuffled inside. I don't.  I thought Cody was a guard with tackle flex coming out. Not sure we have hit his ceiling yet at tackle but I am leaning towards shifting him inside. 

I could see this.  start at G.  Ford stays at T, perhaps Conklin is brought in for 2 years to teach Ford while Ford is a backup?  Meanwhile, he can learn form Morse while at G, and takeover.  Would be nice to have a logn-term C for Allen, or a solid G/C combo.  

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't believe every tackle can play guard. Is tackle the easier position? Yes. But Buddy Nix used to subscribe to the theory that any sub standard tackle can just be shuffled inside. I don't.  I thought Cody was a guard with tackle flex coming out. Not sure we have hit his ceiling yet at tackle but I am leaning towards shifting him inside. 

In the little we have seen Cody at OG he has been pretty dominant.

We have Ty N. and Waddle probably coming back

Just shift Ford to where you know he is going to be REALLY good

9 hours ago, ALF said:

From walterfootball

Michigan_logo.gif Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan
Height: 6-4. Weight: 319.
Projected 40 Time: 5.29.
Projected Round (2020): 3-5.

2/8/20: Ruiz decided to skip his senior year to enter the 2020 NFL Draft after putting together a quality collegiate career for Michigan. He is a well-balanced blocker in the ground game and in pass protection. Additionally, he has a lot of experience from being a 3-year starter. Ruiz has enough size to also compete at guard as well. To start his NFL career, Ruiz could serve as a game-day backup for both guard spots and center.

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Yeah, big uglies early is generally a good thing.  This particular player isn’t my favorite from a need/fit perspective.  I love that he is expected to do well in a gap scheme, but his knock seems to be his length.  Thus there is some disagreement about how well he’ll fare at OG (even among the reports on the linked draft network profile).  Everyone seems to think he will be a fine C though.  Morse is in his prime and under contract for three more seasons.  I’ll note here that even though I consider his AAV to be high, the new cash in those seasons is very reasonable so I wouldn’t expect him to go anywhere before the end of his deal.  He may even be extended in a couple seasons. 

I don’t care to draft a player at 22 that I then have to play at his second best position for several years before I can move him to his best spot.  Especially when that player is an interior OL where we’ve already invested so much.  I think Ruiz will be a fine C (and he may even be a fine OG), but I don’t see the fit this season with the Bills.  If Morse was 32 or  a year away from being a FA, then sure.  Now he’d be a big luxury pick. 

There isn't a consensus about his guard project but he certainly has enough length imo and is a great mover

The versatility and Morse concussions made me think outside the box. He can be a guard for 2-3 years and flip to center like Wood

Again I DON'T THINK THIS IS HAPPENING

I like to think outside the box

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There isn't a consensus about his guard project but he certainly has enough length imo and is a great mover

The versatility and Morse concussions made me think outside the box. He can be a guard for 2-3 years and flip to center like Wood

Again I DON'T THINK THIS IS HAPPENING

I like to think outside the box

If you wanna think outside the box, tell us that the Bills are taking a TE at 22.

?

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe I exaggerated with every tackle 

But most tackles 6'5 and under can move inside and learn it. Maybe not 6'9 Dotson

If your a 6'5 Tackle, everybody think you need to move inside. Some scouts thought Ford can play LT in the right scheme because his bend

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If you wanna think outside the box, tell us that the Bills are taking a TE at 22.

?

I'd rather take a LS

Edited by Buffalo716

It's also worth noting that Ford was a better Tackle at OU than guard. He shot up draft board after his season at tackle where he was great

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I'm a big Michigan fan and have seen all of their games.  I like Ruiz as a prospect and think he'll make a good pro.  That said, I don't think he's the right pick for the Bills at 22 this year.  I don't think Ruiz at 22 is a stretch for a team that really likes him and needs a center, but it isn't a priority pick for the Bills.  If he were to fall the Bills in the 2nd or 3rd round and was the best player on their board, I would grab him in a heartbeat.

Yea again I don't think this is happening. It's a dead off-season and I like thinking outside the box. 

My thinking was he can play guard for 2 years and take over for Morse at C

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is my #2 center. Tyler Biadasz from Wisconsin is my #1. I think Ruiz will be a solid pro not sure I'd see him as the value at #22 but I am struggling at the moment for a pick I really love at that spot. 

I like Biadasz but his injury concerns are real

5 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

Round 1? Explain this to me. He was mocked  rd 5-7 in January. He didn't attend the senior bowl. How is he suddenly a first round prospect? What's changed in the two months since the end of the college season for his stock to go up so much? I get that he's been a consistent starter for a solid team but this looks like a 'trendy' pick to me. Bearing in mind that two excellent centers in McCoy and Jenkins went in the back end of the second last year.

Scouts are way higher on him than mock drafters

He has elite physical gifts for a man his size and has great tape and he couldn't attend the senior bowl he's a true JR

He has no red flags or injury concerns. 

Chris Lindstrom went top 20 last year and he's on that level  . Comparison to James Daniels can put him end round 1 early 2

Unless your a Quentin Nelson very few care about guards and are mocked accordingly. If a team thinks he's a fit they'll take him end of round 1 early 2

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Scouts are way higher on him than mock drafters

He has elite physical gifts for a man his size and has great tape and he couldn't attend the senior bowl he's a true JR

He has no red flags or injury concerns. 

Chris Lindstrom went top 20 last year and he's on that level  . Comparison to James Daniels can put him end round 1 early 2

Unless your a Quentin Nelson very few care about guards and are mocked accordingly. If a team thinks he's a fit they'll take him end of round 1 early 2

He is better than Lindstrom in my opinion. I had a 3rd on him. Daniels is a fair comparison and I expect Ruiz to go where Daniels did - first 10 picks of day 2. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like Biadasz but his injury concerns are real

That is true but I just don't have enough information to know how real. He will have an asterisk on my board but based on pure evaluation of his play he is my top interior guy. 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is better than Lindstrom in my opinion. I had a 3rd on him. Daniels is a fair comparison and I expect Ruiz to go where Daniels did - first 10 picks of day 2. 

That is true but I just don't have enough information to know how real. He will have an asterisk on my board but based on pure evaluation of his play he is my top interior guy. 

Yea is very good but has had 3 injuries at wisc I believe

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102767/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-2020-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-20

Jeremiah has him as a top 40 prospect compared to Travis Frederick, before illness one of if not the best C in the game

We have Morse which is way I said this is outside the box. Shift Ruiz to G for 2 years and then let him take over for Morse

Again this isn't even my #1 or 2 or 3 or 4 choice

This is outside the box but something that I would believe would benefit the team for years. Future and present thinking

Edited by Buffalo716

I don't see how this substantially improves the team more than, say, re-signing Quinton Spain to a reasonable contract.

Guard play was not the problem with the o-line last year. 

The only offensive line position I'd be happy to see chosen in round 1 is offensive tackle.

While Cody Ford MAY be a serviceable RT, he appears to have the potential to be an All-Pro at OG. Can he play tackle? Yes, he probably can. I just don't think it's his best position. As such, why not move him to what DOES appear to be his best position and, if you're taking a 1st round o-lineman, take a tackle instead.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't see how this substantially improves the team more than, say, re-signing Quinton Spain to a reasonable contract.

Guard play was not the problem with the o-line last year. 

The only offensive line position I'd be happy to see chosen in round 1 is offensive tackle.

While Cody Ford MAY be a serviceable RT, he appears to have the potential to be an All-Pro at OG. Can he play tackle? Yes, he probably can. I just don't think it's his best position. As such, why not move him to what DOES appear to be his best position and, if you're taking a 1st round o-lineman, take a tackle instead.

He has potential to be a top RT tackle too. He was considered a high ceiling Tackle who needed development

I said here for years I'd take a RT in the first and was always flamed . Problem is Ford is probably as good as a RT prospect as you'll get where we pick.. the kid from Louisville, sure but he won't make it

I don't pick for the Bills and I was going outside the box . Thinking now and future where he can slide into morses C spot in 2 years

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea is very good but has had 3 injuries at wisc I believe

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102767/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-2020-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-20

Jeremiah has him as a top 40 prospect compared to Travis Frederick, before illness one of if not the best C in the game

We have Morse which is way I said this is outside the box. Shift Ruiz to G for 2 years and then let him take over for Morse

Again this isn't even my #1 or 2 or 3 or 4 choice

This is outside the box but something that I would believe would benefit the team for years. Future and present thinking

I have Ruiz in the 30s on my big board at the moment too. I don't hate your suggestion at all. I just don't love it as value proposition either. As I keep saying if the top 4 OTs and the top 3 WRs are gone I am not sure where I most want the Bills to go at #22. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I have Ruiz in the 30s on my big board at the moment too. I don't hate your suggestion at all. I just don't love it as value proposition either. As I keep saying if the top 4 OTs and the top 3 WRs are gone I am not sure where I most want the Bills to go at #22. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not pounding the table for him

As you said I just think we can be in a tricky spot. I wouldn't mind if an OT fell