NYup/Parrino Mock Draft - rawwwrr

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I stopped reading after he had Chaisson going to us at 22.  Like the guy but A. Find it very hard to imagine he gets to 22.  B. Think he fits a 3-4 scheme.much better.

Not sure if he had Aiyuk to us in the 2nd but not a.big fan of his if guys like Reagor or Higgins are still available.

What did Chaisson play in college?

The problem with all these pre-combine mocks is everyone doing ‘em knows the combine changes things

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

I am on the fence about him.

He really has some hideous plays in terms of run defense.

It'll be interesting to see what the Bills do about Murphy. They may just leave him alone and he remains part of the edge rotation.

I wanna see what the Bengals do about Dunlap.

If the Bengals release Dunlap like a lot of people think they will.......................

I would cut Murphy in a second and sign Dunlap.

Or you cut the lowest guy on the starting rotation and have both. Dont understand why people want to cut good players when there are backups to cut.

We want the best players on the team.

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

What did Chaisson play in college?

The problem with all these pre-combine mocks is everyone doing ‘em knows the combine changes things

So he started the season playing OLB in a 3-4 which is what his body type looks a more natural fit for. But then as the season went on LSU transitioned to more 4 man front stuff with Chaisson coming down and playing as a defensive end and that did produce a spike in his production. 

9 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

You are right. Make the cuts after you have gathered your 90 guys, through FA and draft, and preseason is all but over, and you have chosen your starters/ rotation guys, and depth players, then you do your trades and cuts. 

Go Bills!!!

Is there a roster bonus paid out at the beginning of the league year?

I go the other way on Trent Murphy I am afraid. There is absolutely no way I am paying that man almost $10m in 2020. I don't care that we have the cap space. He is among the worst run defenders I have ever seen and his 5 sacks a year are not convincing me to part with $8m more than I need to (he costs just under $2m if cut) in order to keep him. I'd cut him and I'd do it tomorrow. I'd rather give his snaps to Darryl Johnson or Mike Love or any DE I find on the free agency scrap heap. I can't believe that there isn't a better use of $8m. 

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Is there a roster bonus paid out at the beginning of the league year?

That I Don’t know, 

13 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The Murphy hate is ridiculous and unfounded. He's a good player just not elite , so yeah lets cut him because i want him to be a HOFer  and hes not , so there ?.

There sure is a lot of that sort of thinking here, those types tend to be in an endless state of disappointment...?

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Free agency and the start of a new league year also figure to change the draft picture.

What I love about the draft is it reveals how the decision makers think.  For months we hear a lot of talk, but then everything becomes clear on draft weekend.  

It's why I can see them going edge provided a solid prospect is available and then moving up for a WR.  The real interesting scenario would be if a pass rusher and WR are sitting there and how they decide.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't understand how people could be satisfied with Trent Murphy.  He is the Star Lutulieltieieii of the DE position...depth, maybe some rotation, but should see little playing time since he is not an impact player.  Murphy is usually pushed clear out of the play by the RT, and you normally see him running to the pile on your screen when the play is blown dead because that is how far he was removed from the play.  Funny, I believe McD referred to Murphy as having 'that DNA' he's looking for.  I guess that is analogous to having a high motor ala Chris Kelsay.  Both were meh players.

No way do I pay Murphy $8M this year, and as pointed out, dead cap is less than $2M.  This is a clear cut and not too hard to replace a middling DE/edge rusher.

5 minutes ago, J-GunJoshAllen17 said:

He had a very good playoff game.

IIRC, he had a sack.  Murphy still underperforms game situations where you would look for him to have an impact.  So great for the sack, but there is not enough pressure applied to the QB on a consistent basis, and rushes/screens/misdirections toward the left side of the DL end up being successful for the offense because Murphy is usually out of the play.

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm posting this 'cuz I like it

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2020/02/nfl-mock-draft-2020-2-rounds-buffalo-bills-go-edge-rusher-receiver-in-pre-combine-mock.html

I claim no knowledge of how likely, best player, etc etc

The thing I don't get is the notion of cutting Trent Murphy to save $8M.  Why not hang on to him and keep a proven decent player and worry about cuts only AFTER we have proven players to replace him?

I am NOT a fan of Murphy as I feel he disappears for long stretches of the season only to make a splash play here or there at the end of the year. And even I think it's pointless to cut him without a replacement. 

If we were up against the cap or he was legitimately hurting the team..that's another issue. But I'm never cutting a guy for being average when there is not a guarantee you will find excellent.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 of the top WR's have issues according to some & this years draft being so deep at WR a good one may be able to be had in the 2nd round, Murph is a good team guy works hard, & never quits on a play when on the field so keeping him is not a priority but the team could & have done worse in the past .

Seeing as the Peg's have a connection with Penn state i think Gross - Matos could be a great get at 22 if still there, he sounds like a perfect fit for McD's out look on players & a process guy ! If you think that next year both Murph & Hughes could be gone he could be another young player to be around to build on .

This tells a lot about the Matos & he sounds like a perfect fit with the rest of the young players on the team .

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/gross-matos/gross-matos

7 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

I don't get the DE obsession around here. We need offense, not defense.

It's not an obsession.  it's facts.  We need to continue building our elite defense and we need to project players leaving through FA.  If we lose Lawson and/or Phillips, we will need to fill that void.  Why not anticipate losing at least one of them and draft a top tier DE in the first round.  You're right, we do need offense.  But this is a deep class that we can address those needs in the 2nd round and beyond.  If we miss out on one of the top 5 WRs, then who cares.  There's plenty of WRs in this class that will be making some noise in this league who will be drafted in the later rounds.  Our regime has an eye for talent and it will be found.  I've got a strong feeling that our first pick will be spent on a DE.  Put that in the bank.  Sprinkle some process on that!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Free agency and the start of a new league year also figure to change the draft picture.

What I love about the draft is it reveals how the decision makers think.  For months we hear a lot of talk, but then everything becomes clear on draft weekend.  

It's why I can see them going edge provided a solid prospect is available and then moving up for a WR.  The real interesting scenario would be if a pass rusher and WR are sitting there and how they decide.  

True.

I’m hoping we make a bunch of moves in FA to fill gaps at DE and receiver, so we’re in a position where we can truly draft the player we think best.

I think if someone we have graded high at edge falls to us, we grab him.  Beane pretty well said that at the Senior Bowl. 

Edge: “those guys go fast”

WR: “there are a number of guys here who can help us”

I don’t like that answer, just saying how i think Beane will drive his decisions.

Edited by Beck Water

17 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I don't understand the two picks. He chose two guys he doesn't think will be there when they pick? Is this a mock draft or a wish list?

I was thinking the same thing, fix the draft so you get get two guys you want. If we wanted a QB he'd picking Burrow, even though he won't be there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't understand how people could be satisfied with Trent Murphy.  He is the Star Lutulieltieieii of the DE position...depth, maybe some rotation, but should see little playing time since he is not an impact player.  Murphy is usually pushed clear out of the play by the RT, and you normally see him running to the pile on your screen when the play is blown dead because that is how far he was removed from the play.  Funny, I believe McD referred to Murphy as having 'that DNA' he's looking for.  I guess that is analogous to having a high motor ala Chris Kelsay.  Both were meh players.

No way do I pay Murphy $8M this year, and as pointed out, dead cap is less than $2M.  This is a clear cut and not too hard to replace a middling DE/edge rusher.

It is paying him nearly $10m to keep him. The saving is $8m if you cut him. I'm with you. He isn't worth that. There are better uses for that money. Space or no space.