Why my wife is at the SB

oldmanfan

31 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So while I sit in my living room in Carmel IN, just north of Indy, preparing to watch the game, my wife and sister-in-law are Lyfting to Hard Rock Stadium.  

My sister-in—law is the strength coach of a local high school and was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in 2015.  After big time surgery and chemo she is still with us, and the oncologists think she’ll be Ok although she’ll be on chemo the rest of her life.  Despite her health issues she continued throughout being dedicated to her athletes, working many overtime hours with them, never missing games.  

On of her former athletes  wrote a letter to the Colts about my sister-in-law’s issues and how inspiring she is to her students.  And the Colts were touched by her story.  They decided to give her an all expense paid trip for two to the game, flights, hotel, tickets, spending money, the whole nine yards.  My older daughter who lives in Orlando picked them up Friday afternoon, they spent all day yesterday at the NFL experience with all their Bills gear in representing, and just got word the wife and sister-in-law have arrived at Hard Rock!

Just had to share with my friends here on the board.  

Great story!  Good job by the Colts, and hope it's a wonderful experience for your wife and her sister!

Glad she’s doing well in that battle. It say a lot about her that they would go to the effort to write the letter, and well done by the Colts. 

I have a SIL with stage 4 cancer, so this is encouraging and really touches home. 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

So while I sit in my living room in Carmel IN, just north of Indy, preparing to watch the game, my wife and sister-in-law are Lyfting to Hard Rock Stadium.  

My sister-in—law is the strength coach of a local high school and was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in 2015.  After big time surgery and chemo she is still with us, and the oncologists think she’ll be Ok although she’ll be on chemo the rest of her life.  Despite her health issues she continued throughout being dedicated to her athletes, working many overtime hours with them, never missing games.  

On of her former athletes  wrote a letter to the Colts about my sister-in-law’s issues and how inspiring she is to her students.  And the Colts were touched by her story.  They decided to give her an all expense paid trip for two to the game, flights, hotel, tickets, spending money, the whole nine yards.  My older daughter who lives in Orlando picked them up Friday afternoon, they spent all day yesterday at the NFL experience with all their Bills gear in representing, and just got word the wife and sister-in-law have arrived at Hard Rock!

Just had to share with my friends here on the board.  

best wishes to you and yours, indy.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

That's awesome. Sounds very deserving of everything she gets. May she stay in remission for MANY years to come, may she continue to inspire others along her journey, and may your family be blessed my friend. 

Great story Indy! Sounds like your sister in law is an inspiration to all who come in contact with her! I hope she continues on her road to recovery.

Pete

Teams often do this, honor local teachers, with photo session and sometimes autographed items.  I remember one story on a teacher who told a team she was not interested in getting an autographed item for her students are the fans not her so they gave her a box of hats, one per student, each autographed by a different player.

This is a level of appreciation most teams do not do and the Colts are doing a good thing.  I wonder if it was something Frank Reich suggested.

I ordered a limited release poster from Frank's charity Athletes in Action.  It never arrived and when I contacted them they told me they were all out and would issue me a refund.  Evidently Frank heard about it, found a poster and signed it with a handwritten note included -  "Sorry about delay. Go Bills!".