The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You did the research, good for you, if that is a link, "official statistics"  i couldnt get it to work.  As i said, numerically, I cant get to that number,  547 per 100k, if that is what it says, sounds awfully low to me.  The US overall rate is 864 per 100k, guess that just proves you live longer in NYC, lol.

2017 is the most recent available official data from NYC.  Mortality 547 per 100K, life expectancy of 81.2.  Contrary to popular belief, NYC is healthier than US average because it attracts many young people.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I understand not extrapolating too much from only s mall sample size but actually with 5,000? or so people on the Diamond Princess i think is a pretty good case study, highly concentrated, median to older group (with with weaker immune system), what was the infection rate for that?

3700 people were on the Diamond Princess. Again with the numbers. 

700 people got Covid 19. 6 died. 

Not easy to extrapolate from a tin can that had an undertaxed healthcare system in Japan supporting it (ill patients were moved off the ship) to what is happening now in the general population. 

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

If that's true, the contagiousness of this would be much, much higher than believed. I'm not saying you're wrong but I doubt it. 

The study you linked is in progress and the early data was a 500-person sample thus far in a small town. It's like drawing conclusions about this based on the Diamond Princess. Nowhere near enough data there yet. I do hope you're right. 

I think there is enough data from reputable sources to suggest the contagiousness and number of people infected is going to turn out to be much higher than people believed and the mortality rate is going to be lower than believed.

it is going to be awhile before we have conducted enough antibody tests to have a really clear picture.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

You really should drop this. You've been proven badly wrong on a point that I think only you and Buffalo_Gal are pushing, that somehow there is a massive death overcoat underway that proves...what...this isn't as bad as everyone knows it to be? 

I'll link the source document again in case you didn't believe the Washington Examiner story that it was based on. 

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/vs/2017sum.pdf

What? Proven wrong?  LOL, yeah ok declare yourself a "victor "if that means so much to you.  .  I just did the math, period.  Maybe the death rate is a third to a half the national average in NYC as the rest of the country.  The NYC death thing has been beat into the ground already.

Now as far as as this, "somehow there is a massive death overcoat underway" i dont even know what you are trying to say, you mean overcount yes i do but i dont think i said or intimated "massive" .  I did say and stand by were are overestimating the CV=19 deaths, not my  theory at all, i have already stated my source, go ahead listen to it and tell me where she is wrong.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/cdc-admits-to-lying-about-covid-death-totals/

9 minutes ago, shoshin said:

3700 people were on the Diamond Princess. Again with the numbers. 

700 people got Covid 19. 6 died. 

Not easy to extrapolate from a tin can that had an undertaxed healthcare system in Japan supporting it (ill patients were moved off the ship) to what is happening now in the general population. 

Only 700 out of 3700 got covid in that confined space not even 19%, i am no epidemiologist but that sounds awfully low (good )rate to me and not even 1% of infected died?  And i assume it was a median to elder age group.  Those number sound pretty good to me. 

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Senator Dr. Scott Jensen from Minnesota discusses how the AMA is encouraging doctors to overcount coronavirus deaths across the USA.

Dr. Jensen received a 7-page document coaching him to fill out death certificates with a COVID-19 diagnosis without a lab test confirming the diagnosis.

“Right now Medicare is determining that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital you get $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator you get $39,000, three times as much. Nobody can tell me after 35 years in the world of medicine that sometimes those kinds of things impact on what we do

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GG said:

2017 is the most recent available official data from NYC.  Mortality 547 per 100K, life expectancy of 81.2.  Contrary to popular belief, NYC is healthier than US average because it attracts many young people.

That would stat would make it YOUNGER....not necessarily healthier.

39 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think there is enough data from reputable sources to suggest the contagiousness and number of people infected is going to turn out to be much higher than people believed and the mortality rate is going to be lower than believed.

it is going to be awhile before we have conducted enough antibody tests to have a really clear picture.

I'm actually hoping that within a couple months we can get a pretty decent handle on it.

• Like (+1) 2

Getting very few calls from Governors or anyone else (for medications or supplies).

Working on the immunity testing to get it to the public. (paraphrased)

Hopeful the production of tests will scale up to 10s of millions very quickly. (again, paraphrased)

Talking about WHO next week.  ?

We used the defense protection act "like a hammer"

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Elective surgeries - choice to delay treatment is between doctor and patient.

Healthcare systems are mandating that they be put off. It's not a doctor-patient decision in many places. 

Surgeon General: talking about POC and why they seem to be disproportionate on the deaths.  Does not seem to be predisposed due to biology. (again, paraphrased)

Check on your mother, she wants to hear from you right now. (Went into grandma in Spanish, pop-pop, big mama, etc.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Dr. Brix: (paraphrased) testing. Same testing platform we run for HIV loads. This is complicated.  Every day more are brought online. Daily test expectations. Last year we did 3-4M last year (HIV tests). We have done 2.2M (COVID-19) in the last few weeks. This is unprecedented.  Surveying where the hot sports are (nursing homes).  Strategic approach is needed. Testing symptomatic people and their contacts. This is why the President wanted an antibody test. They are working on a finger prick test.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, dubs said:

If you buy into the whole left right thing, you’re already a lost cause. 

if you wanted to really try and create a “left - right” scale, at least use the correct extremes. The reality is that on one side would be maximum liberty and on the other would be total government control. As a country we’ve moved far to the government side in the last 30 years, regardless of president or party. 

That's a completely separate scale. This one is based on values.

Trump just unwittingly put himself into a future attack ad against him.  I think he just said there will be no more cases in the very near future.

His relentless desire to talk things down is a detriment to himself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Trump just unwittingly put himself into a future attack ad against him.  I think he just said there will be no more cases in the very near future.

His relentless desire to talk things down is a detriment to himself.

He's already got a lot of quotes on this that are brutal. The HCQ stuff, even if it turns out to be wrong, is not even in the top 5. Trump on a microphone is cringeworthy every time. Trump's actions are usually much better. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Dr. Brix: (paraphrased) testing. Same testing platform we run for HIV loads. This is complicated.  Every day more are brought online. Daily test expectations. Last year we did 3-4M last year (HIV tests). We have done 2.2M (COVID-19) in the last few weeks. This is unprecedented.  Surveying where the hot sports are (nursing homes).  Strategic approach is needed. Testing symptomatic people and their contacts. This is why the President wanted an antibody test. They are working on a finger prick test.

And with the Surgeon General talking about tracing contacts on FoxNews, it sounds like they are teasing this idea out little by little. That's fine politically, but it's good news practically. 

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

And just like clockwork, #TrumpBurialPits trends high on Twitter.

Leftists are nothing if not predictable.

Funny how there's no #CuomoBurialPits trending. 

There's a reason it's called the Trump Virus and not the Cuomo Virus.

If Trump hadn't refused to give NY the life-saving supplies it needed, a lot of those people would probably be alive instead of in a mass-grave.

Rightists are nothing if not ignorant.

• Haha (+1) 5

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

If Trump hadn't refused to give NY the life-saving supplies it needed, a lot of those people would probably be alive instead of in a mass-grave.

Not many people died for lack of live-saving supplies that I have heard. This thing is bad enough without making it sound worse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Wuhan Virus - Center for Security Policy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Surgeon General mentioned tracing yesterday. Birx mentioned testing people's contacts being the goal in the presser according to Buffalo_Gal's summary (thank you). And now this:

Apple and Google Team Up to ‘Contact Trace’ the Coronavirus

The technology giants said they would embed a feature in iPhones and Android devices to enable users to track infected people they’d come close to.

Edited by shoshin

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is a complete fabrication. No one in NY died for lack of supplies. Some may have been able to be treated effectively with hydroxychloroquine, though. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

This is a complete fabrication. No one in NY died for lack of supplies. Some may have been able to be treated effectively with hydroxychloroquine, though. 

Doctors and nurses and essential workers aren't getting sick and dying because of a lack of PPE? Might want to inform them of that.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Doctors and nurses and essential workers aren't getting sick and dying because of a lack of PPE? Might want to inform them of that.

PPE is not 100% effective................Someone should inform you of that.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Congratulations.  You're the king of the idiotic things said today, and it's only 3PM.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trump: We will be talking in great detail about WHO next week. After the facts are in...

? dum-dee-dum-dum ?

Comparing the amount of money in to WHO, and how they are so China-centric.

China has taken advantage of us because they are a developing nation. (talking about  WTO now) We are not approving new judges. We were in a minority position. Now, we are winning cases. The US was taken advantage of by WTO.

• Like (+1) 3