The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, daz28 said:

But he said she was the worst candidate to EVER run, and that's simply false.

No, it's not. The results speak for themselves. She lost to Trump. And that is why she cannot get over it.

She feels entitled to the Presidency and any loss would eat away at her. But, to lose to Trump is something worse. She is trying to claim every reason possible (Russian collusion, etc) for the election to have been "stolen" from her, because, psychologically, she could never withstand the narcissistic injury of the truth: She was just an awful candidate. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

If you're going that route, Hillary did win the nomination.  So, by that logic, she can't be the worst person ever to run for president. 

Each election has its share of crackpots who barely get a hundred votes.   By candidate we mean a serious contender with national credibility.  As she herself asked, why didn't she win by more than 50% by going against a carnival barker with no political experience?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Maybe I'll just say Obama failed to act, but that would mean that I'm admitting it really did happen.  Honestly, if you guys are gonna go full deep state swamp, I'm not going to change your minds anyways.

That's not an answer. Please provide us the evidence of the Russian help you claim Trump received. The full power of the FBI couldn't find it. Mueller and an entire team of Democats couldn't find it. So, again, enlighten us.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

No, it's not. The results speak for themselves. She lost to Trump. And that is why she cannot get over it.

She feels entitled to the Presidency and any loss would eat away at her. But, to lose to Trump is something worse. She is trying to claim every reason possible (Russian collusion, etc) for the election to have been "stolen" from her, because, psychologically, she could never withstand the narcissistic injury of the truth: She was just an awful candidate. 

That is a solid point.  She lost to a hideous candidate in Trump.  That takes a special degree of ineptitude, you're right about that. 

1 minute ago, GG said:

Each election has its share of crackpots who barely get a hundred votes.   By candidate we mean a serious contender with national credibility.  As she herself asked, why didn't she win by more than 50% by going against a carnival barker with no political experience?

By that logic Trump was such a poor candidate that anyone who lost to him must have been historically inept.  Not sure I'm there, but I could be convinced.  I agree with you to the extent you think Trump is a bum, though.  That much we're square on. Good observation!

28 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

My view has been and always will be that Hillary lost 2016 much more than Trump won it.  This coming from a union Democrat. 

I thought it was more a case of her being the prime target for 30 years.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's funny how you run away from discussing topics which are uncomfortable to your cognitive dissonance. Rather than engage with the topic, assured in the superiority of your position, and see what evidence the other side has before judging. But nope. You'd rather run away and plug your ears and pretend it's all "deep state swamp" nonsense. 

That's a dangerous way to try to navigate these times. It only assures you're forever under-informed. 

I could say the same thing about someone who blames everything they can't explain on the deep state.  You're the one denying the committee's findings, so it's your job to disprove it.

30 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I think the guy had a chance to really swing people to his side, but he made it so hard for people to like him.  People who say TDS say it simply to troll the people who have found it impossible to like him.  He could have been another Ronald Reagan(who I liked at the time, but not so much in retrospect).  All he had to do was follow Reagan's lead, but his ego was too big for that.

i dunno, i don't think people say TDS to simply troll people. it is a very real malady. and it is propagated by the liberal arm of the left wing of the bird, the main stream propagandists. there is no balance in the MSM, none whatsoever if one is being objectively truthful. it is they who i blame for where we are today, for they stoke the fires. part of Trumps perception is the direct result of the Left and their lackeys attempts to paint him as in inept bumbling fool.  

let me ask you an honest question or two if i can. where do you think you (and by extension, the generic 'us') would be today if Trump had the blind loyalty that the press gave the Obamanation? how would you react to attacks coming at you from every direction that challenged every single thing you did, would you let them go by or might you attempt to defend yourself in some way?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

By that logic Trump was such a poor candidate that anyone who lost to him must have been historically inept.  Not sure I'm there, but I could be convinced.  I agree with you to the extent you think Trump is a bum, though.  That much we're square on. Good observation!

That's the whole point.  Trump was looked at as a joke of a candidate.  Yet despite the cash and the deck being stacked in her favor, Hillary LOST.  That's why she's the worst candidate in history.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Kemp said:

I thought it was more a case of her being the prime target for 30 years.

Could be.  That's a fair observation.  And probably recognizes better than I have the fact that there was a degree of contempt toward her ("Close the Book on the Clintons" was a hugely effective line) that was not properly accounted for. 

Just now, Foxx said:

i dunno, i don't think people say TDS to simply troll people. it is a very real malady. and it is propagated by the liberal arm of the left wing of the bird, the main stream propagandists. there is no balance in the MSM, none whatsoever if one is being objectively truthful. it is they who i blame for where we are today, for they stoke the fires. part of Trumps perception is the direct result of the Left and their lackeys attempts to paint him as in inept bumbling fool.  

let me ask you an honest question or two if i can. where do you think you (and by extension, the generic 'us') would be today if Trump had the blind loyalty that the press gave the Obamanation? how would you react to attacks coming at you from every direction that challenged every single thing you did, would you let them go by or might you attempt to defend yourself in some way?

Hoax.

Just now, GG said:

That's the whole point.  Trump was looked at as a joke of a candidate.  Yet despite the cash and the deck being stacked in her favor, Hillary LOST.  That's why she's the worst candidate in history.

Change "looked at" to "was" and I'm with you.  Inept, undisciplined, unprepared, unfit, and he still won.  You make a good point about the quality of the candidate who lost to that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
Isaac Asimov

Trump is the standard-bearer of anti-intellectualism.
  • Like (+1) 2