Daniel Jeremiah 2020 mock draft 1.0

DJB

On 1/22/2020 at 6:29 AM, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

I love Jeferson from LSU, big time big game guy and is 6 3

Agree, and he can probably be had in the 2nd. I'd love to scoop up a RT (Wills) in the 1st and move Ford to G. Grab Jefferson in the 2nd. This is assuming we are set at Edge after free agency.

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I also think Ford is an OG. And there’s no way I take a pro bowl OG over a WR1.

Just look at the NFL salary landscape to see what’s more valuable. WR1 types are getting $20M/year. 

As for trusting Beane, well, his work on the defense has been excellent. The offense has a long way to go.

We will just have to agree to disagree on that....I think a Pro Bowl OG is worth more then a good receiver unless its a top 5 receiver.

As far as the work Beane has put in...he was hamstrung in his first year.....he spent some money last year and it approved....his drafts have been excellent both on the offenseive and defensive sides of the ball

Smoke was a awesome addition....Bease was solid.....the OL was great improved...Josh Allen isnt even close to his ceiling....and of course the D is great

Its not a finished product

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

We will just have to agree to disagree on that....I think a Pro Bowl OG is worth more then a good receiver unless its a top 5 receiver.

As far as the work Beane has put in...he was hamstrung in his first year.....he spent some money last year and it approved....his drafts have been excellent both on the offenseive and defensive sides of the ball

Smoke was a awesome addition....Bease was solid.....the OL was great improved...Josh Allen isnt even close to his ceiling....and of course the D is great

I must have missed the part where Ford became a pro-bowl guard...when did that happen?  In fact, I don’t remember him playing guard at all in the regular season...

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I guess I look at value as much in terms of salary-on-the-open-market as I do in terms of contribution to any given team.

As for the drafts, defensively they’ve been great. Offensively, Allen is trending well IMO, and Motor looks solid. The rest are more or less up in the air.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I guess I look at value as much in terms of salary-on-the-open-market as I do in terms of contribution to any given team.

As for the drafts, defensively they’ve been great. Offensively, Allen is trending well IMO, and Motor looks solid. The rest are more or less up in the air.

Still qualifies as up in the air but with as raw as Dawson Knox was when he came in, and the amount of playing time he saw,  I see a lot of upside with him at the TE position if he continues to develop. That’s one of the tougher positions to make an impact as a rookie. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You do realize that you dont just draft for the first year of the player right?

Yes, but you are projecting someone as a pro bowl player at a position he’s barely played.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Still qualifies as up in the air but with as raw as Dawson Knox was when he came in, and the amount of playing time he saw,  I see a lot of upside with him at the TE position if he continues to develop. That’s one of the tougher positions to make an impact as a rookie. 

hoping for him to clean up his hands a bit and making a real nice leap to next season. he showed some flashes of greatness followed by missing the easiest of catches. 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was a mid-round pick as well, which gives a good level of comfort. TEs take about 3 years