Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Titans used Bills defense as blueprint to stop Ravens

Does this mean we get to take the Titan's place in the championship game? 

I don't think our plan was fool proof.  I just think it was good vs this particular Ravens team.  I think going forward the Ravens will need to add a perimeter threat because that's exactly what this plan gives up.  It gives you the 1 v 1 on the outside.  Most of Jackson's passes are to the middle of the field and down the seams and most of the receiving talent does its damage in the middle of the field and in the seams.  If they add a perimeter threat that can win the 1v1's  then teams are not going to be able to run this as a blue print.

Edited by NewEraBills

22 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I don't think our plan was fool proof.  I just think it was good vs this particular Ravens team.  I think going forward the Ravens will need to add a perimeter threat because that's exactly what this plan gives up.  It gives you the 1 v 1 on the outside.  Most of Jackson's passes are to the middle of the field and down the seams and most of the receiving talent does its damage in the middle of the field and in the seams.  If they add a perimeter threat that can win the 1v1's  then teams are not going to be able to run this as a blue print.

I disagree. Jackson’s passes outside the numbers are a weakness, and his offense is built to cover that up. Even the beat reporters at the Baltimore Sun pointed this out, noting his lack of arm strength on those throws after Saturday nights loss. There’s a reason they’re built the way they are and focus on those seam routes. No plan is fool proof ( need the players to execute it) , but Jackson has been figured out by the league’s defensive coaches. The game plan was formulated around his weaknesses, not the WRs. Bills D did a better job containing his running though. 

18 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I disagree. Jackson’s passes outside the numbers are a weakness, and his offense is built to cover that up. Even the beat reporters at the Baltimore Sun pointed this out, noting his lack of arm strength on those throws after Saturday nights loss. There’s a reason they’re built the way they are and focus on those seam routes. No plan is fool proof ( need the players to execute it) , but Jackson has been figured out by the league’s defensive coaches. The game plan was formulated around his weaknesses, not the WRs. Bills D did a better job containing his running though. 

Don't you think this is something that he can work on this offseason.  He had a specific plan last offseason and it worked for him so maybe this offseason it's passing outside the hashes.  I don't think he's been figured out honestly.  I just think it was a plan that was good against that particular Ravens team.  We'll see.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:40 AM, Don Otreply said:

Maybe This will cause SM to realize that scoring point in every quarter is a good thing, and going prevent on D with  two quarters left in the game doesn’t work against better teams, what do you all think? Think he will change his spots?

Go Bills!!!

Yes I was lamenting this as well. Got conservative way to early. Keep your foot on the gas until the last minute

• Like (+1) 1

This is pretty awesome. Shows we have the coaching to hang with the big boys (at least on defense).

What does this defense need? To learn how to tackle. Back to the basics, boys... If these players improve their tackling we will truly have an elite defense.