Bills put up the most offensive yards on Wildcard Weekend with 425

Big Turk

25 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Allen was better than most give him credit for. he was the reason we were in the game.  No one else. He ran for 91 yards and passed for 264 and we are critical of the few other plays.  A block from Morse or a non call on ford we win the game and gets the hero. 

It's just the way he finished the game, he was steller in first half and he did make some plays to get us tied but it's hard to forget his intentional grounding, 4th down sack and lateral to no one. I thought Allen played well yet could have been much better in the 2nd half.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, NoSaint said:

allens zero TD passes puts him tied for last and behind a WR ?

Very few demanding he goes but plenty that needs to be worked on 

Daboll asked him to pass 46 times, run 9 times & go catch a TD pass in a game that we were winning or tied in almost all of the 69 minutes of play vs handing it off to our RBs 21 times. 56 plays he was directly involved vs 21 hand offs in his first playoff game ever on the road. Why? When you can answer that one please start answering the following other headscratchers. Why did Duke play more snaps than Beasley when the Texans struggled against slot receivers? When the Texans started getting pressure on Josh where were the screens and max protections? Why did Singletary only get 13 carries all game? Why, at any point, were Smith, DiMarco, Kroft & Gore on the field while Beasley & Singletary were on the bench? Why were DiMarco & Lee Smith lined up as our wideouts? Why weren't we running the ball while leading the whole darn game? The zero TD passes had way more to do with the OC & offensive line play & penalties than Josh. He should've had one to Duke, it was a beautiful pass, but it was dropped. Suppose he should've went and caught that one also, right??

• Like (+1) 5

I think this is further evidence that coaching philosophy hurts the offensive output more than the actual offense.  

We moved the ball.   Only thing that changed was the playcalling once we got into FG range.  

It’s been this way all year.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, SCBills said:

I think this is further evidence that coaching philosophy hurts the offensive output more than the actual offense.  

We moved the ball.   Only thing that changed was the playcalling once we got into FG range.  

Exactly!!!

29 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Some fans can't get over the Allen pick. They never will.

They always say stuff like "I'll be leading the bandwagon if he proves he's a franchise QB". But they won't. He could win 2 Super Bowls, and they'll be waiting for the moment he looks washed up to attack him. It's not about Josh, the problem is with themselves. 

• Like (+1) 2

Bills identity needs to be running the ball!!!! Singletary is legit, Grab a guy like Jordan Howard as an RB2.

Build an amazing OL. I still say move Ford to RG, Feliciano to LG. Draft a road grader RT.

5 of the top 6 rushing teams are on to the next round of the playoffs!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I agree, I don't understand it. Is this because a lack of trust in Allen or maybe McD doesn't have the killer instinct to finish a team.

We have been in situations where a first down would end the game, yet we handoff 3 times and punt.

I hope there is some maturing in the coaching mindset as well.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

It's just the way he finished the game, he was steller in first half and he did make some plays to get us tied but it's hard to forget his intentional grounding, 4th down sack and lateral to no one. I thought Allen played well yet could have been much better in the 2nd half.

You mean when he had two defensive players on a free rush to him with less than 2 seconds to do anything?

Yeah - that's not really on Josh.

43 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Allen was better than most give him credit for. he was the reason we were in the game.  No one else. He ran for 91 yards and passed for 264 and we are critical of the few other plays.  A block from Morse or a non call on ford we win the game and gets the hero. 

It was Knox who missed the block.  Not Morse.  But you are correct 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The grounding was a deflected pass with terrible blocking, the lateral actually stopped the clock, the 4th down sack was terrible blocking and we should have been punting in the first place and we tied the game after that. He had issues, those plays weren’t why we lost...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It was Knox who missed the block.  Not Morse.  But you are correct 

There were 3 blockers who could’ve taken that guy and sprung Allen for another long gain. 

12 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Bills identity needs to be running the ball!!!! Singletary is legit, Grab a guy like Jordan Howard as an RB2.

Build an amazing OL. I still say move Ford to RG, Feliciano to LG. Draft a road grader RT.

I thought we wanted josh to throw for 300 yards?

50 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Settling for FGs was the bummer

Truth.

Gotta punch more of those in.

Drove the length of the field and knocked on the door enough, but play calling and poor execution kept the door closed.

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

The grounding was a deflected pass with terrible blocking, the lateral actually stopped the clock, the 4th down sack was terrible blocking and we should have been punting in the first place and we tied the game after that. He had issues, those plays weren’t why we lost...

I'm not blaming Josh alone for the loss. 

6 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I agree on all points. This team needs to use the next couple year's of first round draft capital to draft offensive players. 4 out of the last 5 first round picks have gone to the defensive side of the ball, the fifth of course being Josh. 0 offensive skill players or Offensive lineman in the first round out of the 5 and only 2 this decade(Spiller & Watkins). The last offensive lineman picked in the first round was Eric Woods in 2009. Only 4 offensive non QB players drafted in the first round since Lee Evans was drafted in 2004. No wonder the defense & offense are where they are. 

53 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Allen's 372 total yards almost beat every other teams output. But he's horrible and has to go!!!!?

how many points do you get for yards?

the Bills gained more yards than the Giants IN SB XXV too btw.

He just came up small late like he did vs the other good teams we played. He had a chance vs Baltimore and NE twice and did Likewise.  He's got a LOT of work to do.

The whole team needs to learn to beat the good teams.  1-4 vs playoff teams. We play 6 next year.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

how many points do you get for yards.

the Bills gained more yards than the Giants IN SB XXV btw.

He just came up small late like he did vs the other good teams we played. He had a chance vs Baltimore and NE twice.

The whole team needs to learn to beat the good teams.  1-4 vs playoff teams. We play 6 next year.

I love this!!! First we won't know how many playoff teams we play next year until next year's regular season is over otherwise we would've only played 4 this year(Dallas, Pats****x 2 & Ravens). I also love that people still insist on trying to predetermine how tough or easy a schedule is before FA & the Draft are over and the first several weeks of the new season have been played. 5 of the 12 playoff teams from last year failed to make the playoffs, including the Super Bowl runner up. If you think coming up small in your first playoff game, on the road, is when you have 372 total yards on the day the offense gained 425, well hey that's on you not me. Play calling and offensive line penalties killed more drives than Josh Allen did and that's a fact. Lastly I'm glad you had to go back 40 years for your example,fail, but at least you know your memory is still there!!! I think you thought we were really going somewhere this year because you seem hurt. It would've been nice to get that first playoff win under our belt, but make no mistake this year was a steppingstone to the next several years.

EDIT: Forgot the Iggles were the 5th playoff team.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Haha (+1) 1