Rachel Bush, contract negotiator/agent

YoloinOhio

Surprised to see that some think he's good in run support. I see (or think I see) him messing up his gap responsibility and whiffing on tackles a lot. Not to mention getting trucked. He's much better in pass D if my eyeball impression is right. But given the scheme and McBeane's uncanny ability to develop DBs 8-9 M per as has been suggested seems crazy to me. With 9 picks we ought to be able to draft a good safety. We also have a couple of STmers who might be ready to step up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Surprised to see that some think he's good in run support. I see (or think I see) him messing up his gap responsibility and whiffing on tackles a lot. Not to mention getting trucked. He's much better in pass D if my eyeball impression is right. But given the scheme and McBeane's uncanny ability to develop DBs 8-9 M per as has been suggested seems crazy to me. With 9 picks we ought to be able to draft a good safety. We also have a couple of STmers who might be ready to step up.

Here's the quandry, and hopefully they can resolve it.

Hyde is worth at least as much as Poyer, IMO more.  He's under contract thru 2021 at essentially $5.1M/yr (cap hit of $6.7 including signing bonus).  Poyer wants a renegotiation, and is quite arguably underpaid at $3.2M per year. 

But if you renegotiate him when he's got a year on his contract, and up his salary to $8-9M, then suddenly other guys under contract like Hyde look around and say "hey!  how about ME?  What am I worth on the open market?"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Here's the quandry, and hopefully they can resolve it.

Hyde is worth at least as much as Poyer, IMO more.  He's under contract thru 2021 at essentially $5.1M/yr (cap hit of $6.7 including signing bonus).  Poyer wants a renegotiation, and is quite arguably underpaid at $3.2M per year. 

But if you renegotiate him when he's got a year on his contract, and up his salary to $8-9M, then suddenly other guys under contract like Hyde look around and say "hey!  how about ME?  What am I worth on the open market?"

Probably why Beane feels like a nice chunk of the 90 mill is going to go to paying his current core. Those two guys are integral to the success of this defense. A guy like Jordan Phillips is a good piece to have but not integral. Especially with the high pick used on Oliver and Harry coming back. There is also a cheap guy like Vincent Taylor they can use. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Probably why Beane feels like a nice chunk of the 90 mill is going to go to paying his current core. Those two guys are integral to the success of this defense. A guy like Jordan Phillips is a good piece to have but not integral.

I'm wondering about that.

One thing it's clear that McDermott likes on D is a rotation, especially at DT.

Phillips saw his snaps spike up from less than half (48%) vs Eagles, to >2/3 (66%, 71%, 61%, 61%) after the Eagles game.

Then they dropped off again, with a spike to 62% against NWE.

Oliver's snaps pretty much mirrored Phillips.

On the other hand.....Oliver and Harrison Phillips are both regarded as kind of undersized for DL.

I wonder if over a long season, someone like Jordan Phillips is more integral to our success than McDermott appreciates.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Dep13 said:

What did it say? It's been deleted

I put it underneath the link to the tweet she deleted 

jordan had a couple tweets earlier that I thought were fairly innocuous but Matt parrino was retweeting. Just said stuff about how he’s going to say what he thinks from now on on twitter. Oh goodie. He deleted them. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here we go...

https://twitter.com/rachel__bush/status/1234971722262073344?s=21

aaand she deleted it already 

@rachel_bush

They either pay him what he’s worth or he goes else where. It’s football not rocket science.

3/3/20

is this tampering? ?

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

People will think I’m overstating things, but this here is why the team needs to bring in a veteran leader. With LorAx gone, someone needs to be able to pull a kid like Poyer aside and tell him how to go about this to get what he wants. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here we go...

https://twitter.com/rachel__bush/status/1234971722262073344?s=21

aaand she deleted it already 

@rachel_bush

They either pay him what he’s worth or he goes else where. It’s football not rocket science.

3/3/20

“Goes elsewhere” after the season? He’s a FA in 2021 right? Probably a good draft to find his replacement. 

22 minutes ago, WMDman said:

I believe that they will pay him this offseason

God I hope not. His coverage and tackling were awful last year. I'd much rather find his replacement now and move on. 

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

People will think I’m overstating things, but this here is why the team needs to bring in a veteran leader. With LorAx gone, someone needs to be able to pull a kid like Poyer aside and tell him how to go about this to get what he wants. 

Hes 28 years old and has played for 3 teams.  If he doesn't know how it works by now then I don't think hes meant to get it.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

poyer’s agent should be telling him (and his wife) that.

but you’re right finding that replacement leader for Lorax is important. Hey maybe it’s someone already in the room who’ll emerge.

• Like (+1) 1