Rachel Bush, contract negotiator/agent

YoloinOhio

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

That's just a guess on your part?

He took a wild-ass flyer on it.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If we just accept the world as it is Hapless we never change it. I don't mind being seen as a bit of an idealist - I am. I just believe mature and sensible people should be able to ignore distractions and if McDermott and Beane let Poyer's wife's tweets affect the way they approach his contract situation they are not the people I believe them to be.

Ah, me.  I need to check out of this discussion here, as it's going to go further astray from football.   Just a note that this philosophy tends to be a luxury people who are actually breaking new ground in a field as women or POC typically can't afford.   "Pick your Battles" becomes the mantra. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He took a wild-ass flyer on it.

Ah, me.  I need to check out of this discussion here, as it's going to go further astray from football.   Just a note that this philosophy tends to be a luxury people who are actually breaking new ground in a field as women or POC typically can't afford.   "Pick your Battles" becomes the mantra. 

If he did, might be one hell of a detective. That was some pretty nifty dot connecting.

I expect Poyer to get his money. Keeping him and Hyde together should be a priority. They are good players and it would be worth it to keep them together. We have the cap space to pay players what they are worth.

Dumb for his wife to be so vocal about all of this. Just let the agent do the talking. No good will come from her posting crap on social media.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I expect Poyer to get his money. Keeping him and Hyde together should be a priority. They are good players and it would be worth it to keep them together. We have the cap space to pay players what they are worth.

Dumb for his wife to be so vocal about all of this. Just let the agent do the talking. No good will come from her posting crap on social media.

I think in May, Beane will make Poyer an offer with a significant step in salary and some good guarantees, but less than he may feel he is worth on the open FA market.   Then it will be up to Poyer if he wants to take the sure money offered in the contract, or play out his contract here and "bet on himself" in FA. 

Ms Bush is not posting crap on social media, she's just being a little...Cheeky

srrry...not srry

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think in May, Beane will make Poyer an offer with a significant step in salary and some good guarantees, but less than he may feel he is worth on the open FA market.   Then it will be up to Poyer if he wants to take the sure money offered in the contract, or play out his contract here and "bet on himself" in FA. 

Ms Bush is not posting crap on social media, she's just being a little...Cheeky

srrry...not srry

If they let him play out under his contract's final that means, today, they don't think he's worth a significant pay increase.  Their actions will tell us all how they saw his past season.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

If they let him play out under his contract's final that means, today, they don't think he's worth a significant pay increase.  Their actions will tell us all how they saw his past season.

I wouldn’t pay him. He’s going to be in his 30s. He’s a good safety but not a game changer. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We are commenting on a post by a woman who’s only claim to fame is showing her ? on the internet.  This is both the best and worst country in the world. 

Not quite.  Her other claim to fame is that she's married to one of our two star Safeties.

41 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This is the real question

Unfortunately if they're really good pictures, I'd have to delete 'em.  Sorry.

OK, here's one for ya, I have to think the boss lets this one slide

image.png.d4de9e18abca0f555c9da8c499e15ad1.png

• Like (+1) 1

She’s on vacation with her NFL husband and they get to talking about business and she gets fired up and let’s one slip on twitter. Then thinks better of it and deletes it. No big deal at the end of the day she’s 21. Poyer will get paid. Either by the Bills, or someone else.

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

She’s on vacation with her NFL husband and they get to talking about business and she gets fired up and let’s one slip on twitter. Then thinks better of it and deletes it. No big deal at the end of the day she’s 21. Poyer will get paid. Either by the Bills, or someone else.

Either that, or his agent phoned with some preliminary numbers from the Bills and it ticked them off.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/5/2020 at 5:14 PM, TigerJ said:

Well, it's obvious he deserves a substantial raise when he signs his next contract.  I hope he gives the Bills a bit of a break, given that the 
Bills believed in him and gave him a chance
where Miami was ready to kick him to the curb.

Not a chance.  This will be his one and only chance for a "big" contract.  The Bills have enjoyed his services for peanuts, relative to his play.

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Do NOT Pay Poyer. Unless it is a contract that comes in around 6-8 AAV. Anything else. Deuces to Poyer. 

$6-8M AAV would probably be a fair contract for the Bills to offer; depending upon the bonus and the guarantees it might be a fair deal for Poyer to accept.  He'd get $3-5M more than he'd see this year otherwise, and if it has a decent bonus, some guarantees, and full injury guarantees, he'd be able to take care of his family durn well.  OTC has him valued at $6.5M.

I expect Ms Bush sees him as a top-10 safety and the figure they have in mind is $10-12 AAV, in which case Beane is likely to say "let's play out the season and see how it goes".  The trade off for them would be uncertainty - he gets $2.7M this year with nothing guaranteed (except injury).  He'll hit FA at age 29.  I imagine big contracts sound very alluring, but the devil is always in the details and how much is guaranteed, for what.  When one looks at top safety contracts and sorts by AAV vs Fully Guaranteed, the list looks a bit different.  There's some guys who aren't paid that much in AAV but have a lot more in guarantees.

Hyde has an AAV $6.1M and OTC values him at $7.9M. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

$6-8M AAV would probably be a fair contract for the Bills to offer; depending upon the bonus and the guarantees it might be a fair deal for Poyer to accept.  He'd get $3-5M more than he'd see this year otherwise, and if it has a decent bonus, some guarantees, and full injury guarantees, he'd be able to take care of his family durn well.  OTC has him valued at $6.5M.

I expect Ms Bush sees him as a top-10 safety and the figure they have in mind is $10-12 AAV, in which case Beane is likely to say "let's play out the season and see how it goes".  The trade off for them would be uncertainty - he gets $2.7M this year with nothing guaranteed (except injury).  He'll hit FA at age 29.  I imagine big contracts sound very alluring, but the devil is always in the details and how much is guaranteed, for what.  When one looks at top safety contracts and sorts by AAV vs Fully Guaranteed, the list looks a bit different.  There's some guys who aren't paid that much in AAV but have a lot more in guarantees.

Hyde has an AAV $6.1M and OTC values him at $7.9M. 

He is the Safety I would pay if I was going to pay one.  However I also think McDs system is very safety friendly, so the Reason I would want to keep Hyde is h is the leader of that Backfield.  I think for that reason he provides more on an impact than Poyer.

• Like (+1) 2