Rachel Bush, contract negotiator/agent

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No, it isn't. But so long as Poyer and the Bills are all adults it shouldn't really hurt either.

I think that is a bit different than the contract situation in fairness. One is very clearly private life. The other is team business.

It is but he’s not going to want to answer questions about her tweets about his contract and if reporters bring up the other stuff I’m sure they will bring up this (if he does hold out)

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

well maybe, maybe not. She did delete the tweet that yolo referenced. Who do you think told her to do that? 
Edit: and i believe i saw somewhere very recently that they were in the bahamas or something? Could’ve just been her firing off a drunk tweet and then thinking better of it.

Don't Drink and Tweet

• Haha (+1) 1

well maybe, maybe not. She did delete the tweet that yolo referenced. Who do you think told her to do that? 

Edit: and i believe i saw somewhere very recently that they were in the bahamas or something? Could’ve just been her firing off a drunk tweet and then thinking better of it.

She deleted it, but it's already out there on mainstream social media now. People got their hands on it and re-posted it all over. The deleting aspect of it is a moot point as it was too little, too late. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

To be fair he may might be doing everything right. Rachel's tweeting isn't necessarily helping his cause - though interestingly she seems to always end up deleting so maybe he is making that point. But call me a feminist radical if you want - she is her own person and she is free to express whatever opinions she wishes. The Bills shouldn't be holding tweets made by Jordan Poyer's wife against him and he shouldn't be using them for leverage.

Of course she's free to express whatever opinions she wants.  On the other hand, there does come a point where the SO of a person has to be considered accountable for views that directly and specifically bear on their sweetie's employment, or else the SO could be used as a shield of plausible deniability to express that person's views.  The spouse is presumed to have inside info on the organization and the employee's views.  The line is probably where things get specific. 

Husband of senior Keurig executive posting about how to make perfect pour-over coffee and how easy it is for the most delicious coffee: probably his right of free expression.  Same guy posting about how Keurig cups are a rip-off, generate hella plastic waste and besides the coffee sucks:  specific to spouse's employer, held to reflect on spouse.

Two examples that come to mind of a player SO damaging the player's brand:  Kaepernick's girlfriend Nessa Diab comparing Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti to a "slavemaster" and Miko Grimes incessant tweets about Tannehill sucking when Grimes played for Miami.    Obviously, Bush's comments nowhere near that, but the point is when the SO expresses opinions that directly bear on their sweetie's employment, it will be taken to reflect the sweetie's views.  Not a good look.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

It is but he’s not going to want to answer questions about her tweets about his contract and if reporters bring up the other stuff I’m sure they will bring up this (if he does hold out)

Maybe they will. And maybe McDermott will not appreciate it, but guess what? It's his job to answer those questions - the questions about Poyer's marriage however, are not. If McDermott allows that to influence the way the Bills approach the negotiations it would surprise me. I think he is pretty good at identifying what is pointless and what really matters.

Could’ve, Would’ve, Should’ve 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think they will hold them against him but she’s not doing him any favors. McD actually had to answer questions about her in TC from reporters a couple years ago because of their public marital drama and I’m sure he appreciated that. 

I would assume McD said something to the effect that "That's their private life and we're going to trust Jordan to bring his best here. I'm not gonna get into that". 

I always wondered how much 'Zo Alexander helped guys with getting and keeping their personal lives straight.  When he retired I believe several teammates alluded to how much of an influence he had been personally for a number of teammates.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Of course she's free to express whatever opinions she wants.  On the other hand, there does come a point where the SO of a person has to be considered accountable for views that directly and specifically bear on their sweetie's employment, or else the SO could be used as a shield of plausible deniability to express that person's views.  The spouse is presumed to have inside info on the organization and the employee's views.  The line is probably where things get specific. 

Husband of senior Keurig executive posting about how to make perfect pour-over coffee and how easy it is for the most delicious coffee: probably his right of free expression.  Same guy posting about how Keurig cups are a rip-off, generate hella plastic waste and besides the coffee sucks:  specifit to spouse's employer, held to reflect on spouse.

Two examples that come to mind of a player SO damaging the player's brand:  Kaepernick's girlfriend Nessa Diab comparing Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti to a "slavemaster" and Miko Grimes incessant tweets about Tannehill sucking when Grimes played for Miami.    Obviously, Bush's comments nowhere near that, but the point is when the SO expresses opinions that directly bear on their sweetie's employment, it will be taken to reflect the sweetie's views.  Not a good look.

I get that it is potentially embarrassing for the spouse but to be honest I find it being held to reflect on them a slightly old fashioned view I have to say. I am never accountable for any views my partner holds and I wouldn't expect them to held accountable for any view that I hold.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I get that it is potentially embarrassing for the spouse but to be honest I find it being held to reflect on them a slightly old fashioned view I have to say. I am never accountable for any views my partner holds and I wouldn't expect them to held accountable for any view that I hold.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think the key word here is 'partner'.  This isn't just a fan griping about an underplayed player, it's his legal partner, essentially complaining publicly about the his pay the player receives from his employer.  I think there is always going to be some accountability in that regard.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

Judging from her Insta, I can only ASSume Rachel knows what she's talking about.

I see what you did there!  Well played!

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That's nice for you, but if your partner starts very publically expressing views on your employer or your terms of employment or vice versa, you might discover that others in fact do not share your enlightened perspective.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's nice for you, but if your partner starts very publically expressing views on your employer or your terms of employment or vice versa, you might discover that others in fact do not share your enlightened perspective.

And I'd ensure they ended up in front of an employment tribunal.

20 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think the key word here is 'partner'.  This isn't just a fan griping about an underplayed player, it's his legal partner, essentially complaining publicly about the his pay the player receives from his employer.  I think there is always going to be some accountability in that regard.

Yea, I think you are old fashioned. :)

9 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Yup.  It's a little too convenient to hide behind the 'I don't control my wife' excuse.  Your spouse is always a reflection on you.

"Get a hold of your wife, Fredo."

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And I'd ensure they ended up in front of an employment tribunal.

Don't be naive, my dear. :flirt:  Nothing so explicit as to provide adequate grounds for an employment tribunal would ever occur.

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea, I think you are old fashioned. :)

It's OK to think that.  It's also OK for some of us to think that you're channeling a little Matchbox 20:

"I wish the real world, would just stop hassling me
And you, and you, and me"

34 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Possibly not cultural, but differences in employment law. 

Historically, though, Great Britain has been an epicenter of Quiet Actions that Maintain the Unstated Status Quo, so I suspect that some unimpeachably correct reason to take action against Gunner would be found.  tsktsktsktsk Oh, no, NEVER because of his Partner's social media rants! 

As for US employment though, This from your link (emphasis mine).  It's quite legal in Employment at Will States.

Handling Social Media : One of the biggest areas of concern when it comes to what people say is social media.  Even if your company lacks a policy in place concerning your off-the-clock social media behavior, your spouse is not protected. You can be fired if your spouse goes on a social media rant about how bad your work environment is or how poorly you’re treated.   The bottom line?  Even if you think your employer will be understanding or that you can smooth things over after your spouse goes public with your workplace complaints, it’s better to keep those opinions off social media.  No matter how bad your work environment might be, it doesn’t make you look any better if you or your spouse are complaining on social media. If something illegal is occurring in your workplace, you need to take appropriate legal action. And if the things you’re dealing with are not illegal, do what you can to remedy the problem instead of taking to social media to complain about it.

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't be naive, my dear. :flirt:  Nothing so explicit as to provide adequate grounds for an employment tribunal would ever occur.

It's OK to think that.  It's also OK for some of us to think that you're channeling a little Matchbox 20:

"I wish the real world, would just stop hassling me
And you, and you, and me"

If we just accept the world as it is Hapless we never change it. I don't mind being seen as a bit of an idealist - I am. I just believe mature and sensible people should be able to ignore distractions and if McDermott and Beane let Poyer's wife's tweets affect the way they approach his contract situation they are not the people I believe them to be.

55 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I genuinely don't understand why anyone gives a ***** what that woman says. If the looks are why you hang on her every word. Newsflash its 2020 and fake Instagram models are a dime a dozen.

Probably because this particular IG model just happens to be married to the player in question. Just a guess, but I think that’s probably why people are talking about it.

• Thank you (+1) 1