The Lateral

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

How about throwing to a receiver who isn’t “Wyoming-open” and trying to draw a PI?

The receivers didn't have enough time to get 23 yards down field. It has nothing to do with being wide open, they have to get past the sticks or it's stupid to throw the ball. It was dumb to call the play in the first place. Punt the ball with your 3 timeouts. But if you're going to call the play, you want your QB to try and make something happen. It wouldn't be the first time Allen has escaped a would be sack and found a spot to stop and chuck the ball downfield. This time it didn't work. Next time I'll want him to try again. Ideally next time we won't end up in 4th and 23 because our line will be able to hold against 3 and 4 man rushes...

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How much time do you personally give him and when does he graduate from school?

When will you personally hold him accountable to have learned and perform at a higher level?

Next season?  5 years?  More?

Like a ***** post, I'll know it when I see it.

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Like a ***** post, I'll know it when I see it.

So basically you are just here to say '"Go Bills" like most here.

That's implied; no need to post that.  We all want the team to do well.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Thank you.  Josh is very similar to Tyrod Taylor in that both quarterbacks think "open" in the NFL means "wide open receiver, standing still, with no defender anywhere near him."

They then both usually accurately throw to the open receiver.

This is one reason why Josh's completion % is so poor.  He is LATE on most of his throws b/c he needs to see separation before he will throw.  He very rarely anticipates separation and throws before it is made, such that the moment the receiver does achieve a moment of small separation, the ball is already right where it needs to be.

Josh Allen is simply not good enough to quarterback on that level, and he's never going to be.

The question all season long has been "maybe he can do just enough, despite his shortcomings, to achieve a level of success."

I think we all saw that.  Beating bad teams by low scores?  He can do that.

Hanging tough in a loss to really good teams?  Check! 

Going on the road and beating a decent team with a QB?  That's over Josh's ceiling.

I have said this all year long.

Ultimately, I think fan perception and tolerance of Josh will not change until enough time passes with no improvement.

I think we will FINALLY get to that point next season.

When Josh is still Josh all of next year, folks will start to whisper for a new QB.

I just wish we could all speed this process up.  We're not getting any younger.

I will admit he rarely "throws people open". This is a problem and he does wait till the wr is basically alone. He did make some nice contested throws yesterday to Duke and Devin. He was always going to be a slow developing project.  But if by the end of year 5 he hasn't made substantial improvements than qb rumblings will be warranted. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The receivers didn't have enough time to get 23 yards down field. It has nothing to do with being wide open, they have to get past the sticks or it's stupid to throw the ball. It was dumb to call the play in the first place. Punt the ball with your 3 timeouts. But if you're going to call the play, you want your QB to try and make something happen. It wouldn't be the first time Allen has escaped a would be sack and found a spot to stop and chuck the ball downfield. This time it didn't work. Next time I'll want him to try again. Ideally next time we won't end up in 4th and 23 because our line will be able to hold against 3 and 4 man rushes...

You want it both ways bro. First it’s no one open, now it’s “they are open but they aren’t past the sticks.” 

Allen taking a sack is worse than Allen throwing the football. Allen should have thrown the football instead of taking a sack. Period.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

So basically you are just here to say '"Go Bills" like most here.

That's implied; no need to post that.  We all want the team to do well.

No, like I said, just like a ***** post, I'll know it when I see it.

Really, that's not all that hard to comprehend, is it?

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

You want it both ways bro. First it’s no one open, now it’s “they are open but they aren’t past the sticks.” 

I meant past the sticks in the first place. No one was going to get wide open, obviously. You're just hoping to throw the ball into coverage and pray a receiver comes down with it. It's literally just a hail mary. I guess Watson should have thrown the ball away with 2 Bills converging on him for the sack, right?

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Thank you.  Josh is very similar to Tyrod Taylor in that both quarterbacks think "open" in the NFL means "wide open receiver, standing still, with no defender anywhere near him."

They then both usually accurately throw to the open receiver.

This is one reason why Josh's completion % is so poor.  He is LATE on most of his throws b/c he needs to see separation before he will throw.  He very rarely anticipates separation and throws before it is made, such that the moment the receiver does achieve a moment of small separation, the ball is already right where it needs to be.

Josh Allen is simply not good enough to quarterback on that level, and he's never going to be.

The question all season long has been "maybe he can do just enough, despite his shortcomings, to achieve a level of success."

I think we all saw that.  Beating bad teams by low scores?  He can do that.

Hanging tough in a loss to really good teams?  Check! 

Going on the road and beating a decent team with a QB?  That's over Josh's ceiling.

I have said this all year long.

Ultimately, I think fan perception and tolerance of Josh will not change until enough time passes with no meaningful improvement.

I think we will FINALLY get to that point next season.

When Josh is still Josh all of next year, folks will start to whisper for a new QB.

I just wish we could all speed this process up.  We're not getting any younger.

At least you’re honest about what you want to happen. That is, Allen’s eventual failure and the Bills beginning the process of finding a QB yet again. These things ,however take time as many peoples very livelihoods are at stake and owners don’t give up on GMs, coaches etc all that quickly. So if you’re hoping for change , stick around. It’s the NFL and it’s more common than not. You may want to take a hiatus for a couple years while you’re getting older though. Tempus Fugit

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I meant past the sticks in the first place. No one was going to get wide open, obviously. You're just hoping to throw the ball into coverage and pray a receiver comes down with it. It's literally just a hail mary. I guess Watson should have thrown the ball away with 2 Bills converging on him for the sack, right?

That was second down, not fourth. Watson wasn’t also about to take a 20 yard loss to put us in FG territory.

So no.

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

I thought he looked concussed for most of the latter part of the 4th quarter.  He had a strange expression during that time and played far differently than he usually does in late game situations.  Many strange decisions that seemed to indicate he just wanted the game to end one way or another.  When it kept going, he just looked more and more confused. 

Why all the hate for the throw to Dimarco?...yea hes "double covered" as in theres two guys near him but he absolutely had position on them.  A little lower of a throw or Dimarco times his jump a little better and that's a gigantic completion.  That's an honest question  I  might have seen it wrong lol but in the moment that play didnt really upset me at all.  I did get the vibe he was concussed as well on that should have been game winning designed qb run where he took the "incidental contact" helmet to helmet hit.  Hes laying there holding his head for awhile after the play and I thought maybe it was frustration that the play got blown up but watching the hit again it looked pretty  brutal 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Why all the hate for the throw to Dimarco?...yea hes "double covered" as in theres two guys near him but he absolutely had position on them.  A little lower of a throw or Dimarco times his jump a little better and that's a gigantic completion.  That's an honest question  I  might have seen it wrong lol but in the moment that play didnt really upset me at all.  I did get the vibe he was concussed as well on that should have been game winning designed qb run where he took the "incidental contact" helmet to helmet hit.  Hes laying there holding his head for awhile after the play and I thought maybe it was frustration that the play got blown up but watching the hit again it looked pretty  brutal 

Bingo. 

Killer instinct? No question...

Wise? Absolutely not!

Josh acted like it was the last play of the game when there was still plenty of clock left..he had already picked up the first down and there was no reason to panic...his recklessness could have cost the Bills that possession...I want my franchise QB to be smarter than that...

The lack of awareness in key situations between Josh and McD is the single biggest weakness holding the team back imo...