Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I was thinking about this just last night.  

I am not a Daboll hater at all and don't think he's the problem; Allen is the problem.

But if it would help us move on from Allen faster to see that he is the same under a new/different OC, then by all means, sacrifice Daboll to the football gods and get him out of here.

As I said, I am not a Daboll hater, but he is completely replaceable, as is McDermott as a HC.

No harm in letting Daboll go.  

John Clayton has now said twice during his segments with Schopp & Bulldog (for what this is worth) that he expects Daboll to be viewed favorably around the league and get 2 or 3 HC interviews.

Bills fans don't realize how bad Allen is or how poorly he is perceived around the league.  The CW on him is that he is a massive project and that Daboll has worked wonders to get him operating at the level he's at now.

I think he will be viewed as a strong contender for a HC job, even though the majority of the fanbase here thinks he is terrible.

Good luck to him!  Let's hope he gets one of these gigs! 

Is that you jeffismagic?

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I just flew into DC today, the guys I met with one is a Pats fan the other not a fan of any particular team. Both were raving about Allen, both said he still needs to grow but said the future will be incredible for him. Yet a small portion of our own alleged fans think he’s terrible... SMH....

Funny, I had multiple Pat fan friends text me Saturday after the games and said congrats, the division is going to be ours for a while behind Josh Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I just flew into DC today, the guys I met with one is a Pats fan the other not a fan of any particular team. Both were raving about Allen, both said he still needs to grow but said the future will be incredible for him. Yet a small portion of our own alleged fans think he’s terrible... SMH....

I got the same thing talking to someone who is not a Bills fan but watched the game. He said he thought he was great - shouldn’t have taken the sacks at the end and the lateral was “nuts but if the guy catches it, he’s gone!” He asked if people are actually saying he’s bad? I said most of the National media are, right now (it seems).

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I got the same thing talking to someone who is not a Bills fan but watched the game. He said he thought he was great - shouldn’t have taken the sacks at the end and the lateral was “nuts but if the guy catches it, he’s gone!” He asked if people are actually saying he’s bad? I said most of the National media are, right now (it seems).

Do you ever talk to other fans about their players?  Dallas fans hate Witten for coming back.  Cardinals fans think their QB is too short.  Packer fans were getting fed up with Rodgers last year.  Bears fans think Trubisky sucks.  on and on. Eagles fans don't like Wentz.  The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.  That's part of it. 

I hope he shined his shoes and wore his best suit.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Allen checked to the run.  Wasn't the play call.

Most of those are if D lines up here, do A and if D lines up there, do B. So that's what he did. 29 seconds left at the 22 or whatever should NOT be a run/pass choice. It should be a pass/pass choice. I HIGHLY doubt that it was a straight pass call and Josh changed it to a run. 

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, I had multiple Pat fan friends text me Saturday after the games and said congrats, the division is going to be ours for a while behind Josh Allen.  

Same with me.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Based on Twitter, more Bills fans want Daboll on the Browns, than Browns fans do. 

Browns fans don’t like Daboll for many reasons but one of the biggest ones is he hazed Colt McCoy when he was a rookie and they think he’s an #######.  They don’t want him to be mean to Baker. Lol

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

My Father in law just chimes in about games. All he  said was we have a young qb and that  we probably win if they don’t call the Ford penalty. His only other comment is how the heck did we give up a 3rd and 18 lol

My dad said the same exact thing about the 3rd and 18. He didn’t want to talk about the refs, nothing. Just that. 

people forget that deshaun didn’t have a good game but made a Houdini play (we’ve seen josh do this). Also he lost his 1st playoff game last year too.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Most of those are if D lines up here, do A and if D lines up there, do B. So that's what he did. 29 seconds left at the 22 or whatever should NOT be a run/pass choice. It should be a pass/pass choice. I HIGHLY doubt that it was a straight pass call and Josh changed it to a run. 

Same with me.

Same. I’ve had fans of the Pats******, Dolphins, Steelers, and Panthers all tell me that we’re lucky to have Josh, and that they think he’s special.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:04 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Next you'll be yelling "All you Kids Get Off My Lawn"

The modern standard of suit for the well-dressed Gent features an open dress shirt or even a turtleneck.

The neck noose is passe'

OSHA once declared that a tie was a safety hazard before political direction was to change it. 

They changed it to state in some occupations a tie may be a safety hazard. 

The real hazard is some politician will stick his nose in something he or she does not understand and people who do will use their ties to hang pol to prevent from ruining job.

8 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Go for it Cleveland. You have my blessing.

You too can go.  You have my blessing.

8 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Its very strange. Its almost like they are trying to gauge the publics opinion 

Letting the fan base choose the head coach

What if the fan base is as knowledgeable as most fan bases and chooses Rex? 

There was quite a bit of support for him when he was selected by Bills.

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My dad said the same exact thing about the 3rd and 18. He didn’t want to talk about the refs, nothing. Just that. 

people forget that deshaun didn’t have a good game but made a Houdini play (we’ve seen josh do this). Also he lost his 1st playoff game last year too.

SB XXV. Long Jints drive to open the 3rd Quarter. Talley missed a tackle on Meggett, and it broke the momentum. ***** happens. 

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You too can go.  You have my blessing.

What if the fan base is as knowledgeable as most fan bases and chooses Rex? 

There was quite a bit of support for him when he was selected by Bills.

I would love rex there. It would be a train wreck. But it won't happen since rex hates baker and baker hates rex

Christmas was a few weeks ago but is it too late to ask santa for this to happen?

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad