Crowd Reaction when Lorenzo's was pulled

Bob in STL

I was watching the game in a Sports Bar and could not hear the announcers.  It looked like McD pulled Lorenzo Alexander in a manner to get him an ovation from the crowd.   This was likely his last game in Buffalo.

How was the crowd reaction?  

Lorenzo has been an outstanding presence on this team and I hope he got some well deserved fan recognition.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I was watching the game in a Sports Bar and could not hear the announcers.  It looked like McD pulled Lorenzo Alexander in a manner to get him an ovation from the crowd.   This was likely his last game in Buffalo.

How was the crowd reaction?  

Lorenzo has been an outstanding presence on this team and I hope he got some well deserved fan recognition.  

I had the same issue, but would guess they did so.

Yeah it wasn't like anything Kyle got, but some of the more attentive fans knew what was up.  

When its your last home game AND you arent in the playoffs its more profound because you can announce your retirement and the fans see it coming.

His daughter doing the anthem was beautiful man

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I was there.  Disappointed because we couldn't hear a damn thing and we missed it.  Poorly planned and executed.

So they did try.  I imagine the crowd was not very comfortable in what looked like a heavy rain.   Oh well.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in STL said:

So they did try.  I imagine the crowd was not very comfortable in what looked like a heavy rain.   Oh well.  

Yeah but McD failed to inform public address Folks so they could make a big announcement but his daughter doing the anthem  was pure Class by the Bills and this will help,get FAs in the future.  Culture!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I was there.  Disappointed because we couldn't hear a damn thing and we missed it.  Poorly planned and executed.

How would you like them to do it? He called a time out and pulled him out of the game. That’s the way it’s done.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It was a great gesture and I’m sure it was appreciated by the player and the team. THAT is what counts. What did you want? Fireworks? What did you expect to hear? Should they be mic’ed up?  I thought it was awesome! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

They did a nice job highlighting it a couple times on the broadcast, as well as his daughter singing the anthem. We skipped this game because we've all been under the weather in our house, and for once I'm glad I was watching a home game from my couch (other than the weather). I suspect if we had been there, we also would've missed Zo getting pulled and would've instead been asking WTF we just called a timeout.

My only regret about Zo is that we didn't have him for a bigger chunk of his career.

26 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Yeah but McD failed to inform public address Folks so they could make a big announcement but his daughter doing the anthem  was pure Class by the Bills and this will help,get FAs in the future.  Culture!!!!

It is not his job to get the fans to pay attention.  Classy all around by the Bills today.  

• Like (+1) 1