Week 17: NJ Jets at Buffalo Bills PostGame

1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

You might have seen Barkley’s audition for 2020. Not nearly good enough. There are a lot of options for backup QB coming up. One of them will likely be our choice. You can be sure it will not be a rookie though.

I still think Matt has a chance to stick

I dont take a lot of stock in today's game because our OL was in shambles........and he provides that "mentor QB"that McDermott likes.

But make no mistake.....if Josh goes down...we are doomed

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bills honestly need Duke Williams active they don’t have a single receiver with his size and skill set starting to believe this an Alabama Auburn thing with him and the oc 

Daboll is an idiot if that's why he's snubbing Duke. Of course even if that's not the reason he's still an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll take a shot at it!

Our backups went toe to toe with a team that has won 6 of the last 8 games. We had nothing to play for, yet we still played hard. Our offense might be a little under-manned, and then we removed ALL of the skill players from the equation. A first down might be cause for celebration, but Duke and Yeldon showed some flashes.

Also, other than Wallace, I think (and hope and pray) that we got out relatively unscathed, which was the primary objective today. The backups got some experience which may be helpful down the road in terms of growth and if there is an injury ahead of them.  That’s a win in every sense other than our record. 

On to Houston! 

If you listen to Jay Feely today, the Jets had a great game against the Jills.

Yeldon and Williams were great sightings. And don't worry about Wallace. If he can't go, apparently McKenzie is ready to fill in!

5 minutes ago, deraeler said:

Need to vent. Normally accepting of these decisions, but what an exercise in futility.  What did this team IMPROVE UPON or LEARN today?

Instead, more of the same mistakes were made, injuries sustained to important players, and confidence damaged going into the playoffs.  Another great defensive effort completely wasted.  I get the game had no meaning, but look at the Dolphins win - everyone can beat the Pats but us, and now this casts an even brighter light on how big a Bills win COULD HAVE BEEN in Foxboro.

I've seen far better executed high school games.  I feel the team should be refunding tickets to those fans who stuck it out in the crappy weather to watch this.  I only spent the electricity to power my TV and I feel completely ripped off.

One and done in the playoffs - you heard it here.

This was the worst coaching display I've seen in the McBeane era.  When is Daboll going to learn that just because a play works once it doesn't mean it will work TWICE IN A ROW??!?  What do they do at practice all week, once again Foster is in a COMPLETELY separate stadium from his quarterback.  Your tight ends still don't know how to get out of bounds????  Why is Lee Smith still here??? Because he knows he can commit whatever stupid penalties he wants since there are no other blocking tight ends on the roster.

Ever seen a touch-screen pass? Our own defense must run all over these guys in practice...and yet they apparently can't teach the offense anything.

So once JJ Watt crushes Josh - because as we all know, he has to hang onto the football until the DB's get the memo on where the ball is going - now we have zero confidence in Barclay to do anything competent as his replacement and have to endure more questionable o-line configurations due to injury.  Nice.

I just can't see ANY benefit to having played this game, they should have forefeit and saved everyone the embarrassment, except oh yah - they would have to refund the tickets.

Well, that explains it.  I wouldn't have minded the injuries if this team could have gone into the playoffs on a positive note with some CONFIDENCE!, or having learned SOMETHING!!

Can't blame JOSH and his audibles in this one.  What needs to change this off-season?  IS this all Daboll?   or Sean?  Just incredibly low player IQ? What???!??

Yeesh. Take a nap. You'll feel better later. You heard it here. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

man that sucks, if we had beaten them last week we had a shot at the division, makes today worse for me.

Look on the bright side. The Bills are unlikely to make the Super Bowl, and they didn’t make enough plays to beat the Pats*. NE now has to play in the WC round, which means they are likely to exit the tournament long before the big game. That’s a gift to football fans in general, and our Bills can definitely win their playoff game next week as well. 

2 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Ehhh I could see them taking a flyer on a qb in the 5th

Sure, as a 3rd developmental guy. You do need a vet backup. A lot depends on where some of the former starters end up across the league. As Hapless said, it comes down to fit and willingness to not be considered to be the starter.

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Can someone PLEASE explain why Duke WIlliams is not on the active roster every week over guys like Robert Foster?

Been saying this all year. He brings something to the table that we don’t have. McKenzie and Foster haven’t earned their spots. Duke has done nothing short of produce and be a good teammate. Where are the haters?!

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s always the tricky question. It sounds so easy, but......

You need a vet and the right fit. Some late round rookie does you no real good from the PS, so who’s the best vet? Maybe Barkley looks better if he has real weapons? I try not to overreact in either direction after a win or loss. It’s one game, and a weird situation. 

Good point, but we need to at least draft a QB in hopes he develops into a number two. Barkley is a third string QB in this league. What we saw today is the real Barkley. This is the guy Philly and Chicago fans know. Bills fans only remember his game against the Jets, and looking good in the preseason. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Look on the bright side. The Bills are unlikely to make the Super Bowl, and they didn’t make enough plays to beat the Pats*. NE now has to play in the WC round, which means they are likely to exit the tournament long before the big game. That’s a gift to football fans in general, and our Bills can definitely win their playoff game next week as well. 

im glad they lost dont get me wrong, but it's just another jab at what should have been. Its like everything going right for us except one thing and the was us winning last week.

1 minute ago, SJDK said:

Been saying this all year. He brings something to the table that we don’t have. McKenzie and Foster haven’t earned their spots. Duke has done nothing short of produce and be a good teammate. Where are the haters?!

You have to assume they’re holding out hope that The light finally goes on for Foster. It might be too late for that now. We’ll see.

1 minute ago, SJDK said:

I could see it if he wasnt making a contribution EVERY time he played this year

The guys who are playing in front of him have been invisible

Duke actually blocks for the run

To me Foster and McKenzie are the same guy

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I could see it if he wasnt making a contribution EVERY time he played this year

The guys who are playing in front of him have been invisible

Duke actually blocks for the run

To me Foster and McKenzie are the same guy

That’s an insult to McKenzie.

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

man that sucks, if we had beaten them last week we had a shot at the division, makes today worse for me.

Can’t play the what if game.

what if the Bills did play all the starters and Allen got hurt and they still lost? 
what if they did win and hosted a home game. Bills have a better road record this year. 

I like it exactly as it is.