Week 17: NJ Jets at Buffalo Bills PostGame

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Teams still does nothing special- however they did clean up some towards the latter part of the season.

Exactly. For having so many guys on the roster only for ST... I would expect them to be better

1 hour ago, MDH said:

You’re quoting posts from September when I clearly said, “they’ve been very solid since early season.”

Edit: Also, do you know who was inactive for several early season games? Robert Foster. Coincidence?

So then why do we need Senorise Perry? Neal is the only gunner I see actually making plays 

13 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

It actually reinforced to me, the strides this team made as a unit.  

This game reminded me of week 1, only this time around is was 2nd stringers out there and they were unable to scrap out a win. 

I believe the first unit would have dominated the Jets today. 

agreed, I think we win comfortably if all of our “A” guys were in there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, deraeler said:

Need to vent. Normally accepting of these decisions, but what an exercise in futility.  What did this team IMPROVE UPON or LEARN today?

Instead, more of the same mistakes were made, injuries sustained to important players, and confidence damaged going into the playoffs.  Another great defensive effort completely wasted.  I get the game had no meaning, but look at the Dolphins win - everyone can beat the Pats but us, and now this casts an even brighter light on how big a Bills win COULD HAVE BEEN in Foxboro.

I've seen far better executed high school games.  I feel the team should be refunding tickets to those fans who stuck it out in the crappy weather to watch this.  I only spent the electricity to power my TV and I feel completely ripped off.

One and done in the playoffs - you heard it here.

This was the worst coaching display I've seen in the McBeane era.  When is Daboll going to learn that just because a play works once it doesn't mean it will work TWICE IN A ROW??!?  What do they do at practice all week, once again Foster is in a COMPLETELY separate stadium from his quarterback.  Your tight ends still don't know how to get out of bounds????  Why is Lee Smith still here??? Because he knows he can commit whatever stupid penalties he wants since there are no other blocking tight ends on the roster.

Ever seen a touch-screen pass? Our own defense must run all over these guys in practice...and yet they apparently can't teach the offense anything.

So once JJ Watt crushes Josh - because as we all know, he has to hang onto the football until the DB's get the memo on where the ball is going - now we have zero confidence in Barclay to do anything competent as his replacement and have to endure more questionable o-line configurations due to injury.  Nice.

I just can't see ANY benefit to having played this game, they should have forefeit and saved everyone the embarrassment, except oh yah - they would have to refund the tickets.

Well, that explains it.  I wouldn't have minded the injuries if this team could have gone into the playoffs on a positive note with some CONFIDENCE!, or having learned SOMETHING!!

Can't blame JOSH and his audibles in this one.  What needs to change this off-season?  IS this all Daboll?   or Sean?  Just incredibly low player IQ? What???!??

Take it out on your dog next time. No, that would not be fair to your dog. Just become a Pats fan, you'll fit right in there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Sweeney no but Duke was the 3rd leading receiver in the league today so far, busted a 100 yds with backup qb playing Jets starting defense.

Gotta consider mcKenzie returns kicks and the Duke stays active, as much as I love Roberts.

Given we don’t know what Roberts injury is, may not be a choice

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Tre White was an excellent punt returner at LSU.  I’d put him back there if Roberts can’t go.

That’s not how you use your best defensive player.   Fortunately, you aren’t making our gameday roster decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well, 85 was a 2-14 season iirc. Not sure about ‘06, but Moorman might have been the MVP of that team. 

it’s one of those weird records. You need to play on a team with a mediocre offense basically. If your O is too terrible, then you probably don’t get Many of those pooch-type kicks. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Hopefully, this is the week where Daboll sets personal preferences aside and goes all out for the sake of winning.  Maybe the play today of Yeldon, Duke, Sweeney, etc. has raised Daboll's confidence in them that Daboll will buck his previous preferences in terms of personnel.

Well, I don’t know too much about it, but from what I do know, I don’t think there’s a huge amount of room for personal preference of the OC to factor into it.

As I understand it, they grade the guys all the time. They grade their every game snap. They grade their every practice snap.  The position coaches give input to the OC and HC about how the guys in their units are developing.  Someone in a quick-response article pointed out a couple mistakes Williams made - running a route short of the sticks? A drop?  McDermott alluded to Williams needing to work on some fundamentals in his presser.

Williams has developed a lot since preseason and even earlier this season.  There is always a “mesh point” where a developing guy is ready to overtake the guy ahead of him and there can be a delay in the coaches pulling the trigger - the entrenched starter gets some benefit of the doubt, and when ST are in play that complicates things.  But I think it’s a bit tin-foil-hat to attribute Duke not playing to some kind of personal preference of Daboll.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Given we don’t know what Roberts injury is, may not be a choice

That’s not how you use your best defensive player.   Fortunately, you aren’t making our gameday roster decisions.

Well we used Micah Hyde back there in punt returns already, he's a huge part of our defense.  And lots of other great returners like Rod Woodson, Deion Sanders, Edelman, Tyreek were their teams best skill position player.

I expect they'd use Micah again instead of Tredavious, simply because he's so sure handed and taken reps there since camp and in the regular season, but I disagree with you on that comment.   Its a critical position that can swing a game one way or the other.

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

A lot of hay has been made today about how Yeldon needs to be active. I would like to point out that Yeldon averaged 2.6 YPC on seven carries for 18 yards. Gore averaged 4.3 YPC for 26 yards on six carries, and Gore did all his work up the middle. Motor is the clear starter. Who is Yeldon meant to supplant?

I've said it a hundred times but Yeldon should have been cut and Shady kept as the third. Would make us a better team going into the playoffs.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Tre White was an excellent punt returner at LSU.  I’d put him back there if Roberts can’t go.

i could see this,  put your best guys out there no matter what, its playoff time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I didn’t realize that Roberts was injured. If he is out, I think that almost automatically would bump Duke to the active roster.

He DNP all week this week and was listed as "out" on final injury report.  Injury was listed as "foot".  No details.

5 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Well we used Micah Hyde back there in punt returns already, he's a huge part of our defense.  And lots of other great returners like Rod Woodson, Deion Sanders, Edelman, Tyreek were their teams best skill position player.

I expect they'd use Micah again instead of Tredavious, simply because he's so sure handed and taken reps there since camp and in the regular season, but I disagree with you on that comment.   Its a critical position that can swing a game one way or the other.

Fair.  I just recall a lot of concern about using Micah in that role in 2018 and the explanation of acquiring Roberts that we didn't want to keep risking Micah

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GG said:

I wouldn’t call two key players leaving in walking boots, minor.

It would have been better to come out of the game with no injuries, but Levi Wallace is less of a key player than a number of other starters.  It would be very hard to replace Tre White for instance.  Losing Levi leaves the depth a little thin, but there is no reason that Kevin Johnson can come in and a decent job in a starting role.  Same thing with Nsekhe.  I'd love to have him available against Houston, but Ford has been coming on in the last couple weeks.  If he can stay healthy, the line should be OK.

4 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Wasnt a horrible waste as it was nice to see Duke. I feel like he could be a safe posession WR type that will reel balls in. Nice effort on a well placed Allen pass early on and save the bad drop - showed what he brings and I like it bc its a bit different than the other starters. I dont love sitting Foster, but like the idea of what Duke brings to the table so itll be interesting to see how they handle it. Easiest is sit Roberts but they prob feel as though they need his for the return game. Earlier in the year id say sit McKenzie as he didnt show much as an actual WR, but hes come on the last few weeks and has found a nice niche w/his sweeps. Foster is prob most likely to be replaced but even that could be different as if he and Barklet were on the same page and he looked up he may have had a catch and run down the seam for a TD. At the end of the day i guess Duke gets the nod bc he took advantage while foster didnt - but he has shown his wirth in the past. Again, will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I also liked where Sweeney seems to be at. We hadnt seen him in a while and although id imagine Kroft gets the nod as the vet, TS seemed to show progress and potential even if it is for next year.

Also, i posted this in another thread but since it is likley to be shut down bc its pure nonsense ill post here...

Did anyone else hear the idiot named Aaron who called the post game show to say how Barkley really came on as the game progressed and asked if he showed enough to come into camp to compete for the starters job? Because i kid you not, that was a call. As was a guy who actually took time out of his day to wait on hold to ask-get this- why there wasnt a penalty for the Jets players celebrating on the field for Barkleys fumble (which was called a fumble on the field) and wanted the refs to retroactively call a penalty for the celebration once it was deemed an incomplete pass. 

Now granted, its my fault for listening and to be fair its not like a show that takes callers is going to be super high end - but good grief! These are actual living, breathing people who CLAIM to be fans of this team.... and they may be, but they obviously arent embarrassed so ill just be embarrassed for them. Surely the Pats bandwagon can fit a few more tools on board...

I, foolishly thought 6 pts would be enough to silence the small crowd of fans who dont understand the concept of a FQB and think Barkley will magically lift the O to 35 point games BUT that wasactly the 2nd call on that subject... the 1st rightfully was hung up on;)

Honestly i think they should do away with call ins because they are embarrassing. Get competent hosts who actually know something about football, get the coaching and player sound bites on and use twitter to read select questions that are intelligent and coherent.

I think call radio has run its course and its time for more professional programming.

• Like (+1) 2