Marc Miller (Dallas is Going Down) trying to cash in on the Bills

59 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You think people buy tickets because of commercials?

I think the Bills spend hundreds of thousands of dollars a year advertising, maybe a few million. 

And they do one big 30 second commercial each year that they use to sell Tix and merch. That commercial used Mark Miller this year. 

Unless Mark Miller signed his rights to his likeness away at the time of the original taping, the Bills should license his likeness if they want to use it in advertising.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

Thought the video was trash back in the day, have not changed my mind.

If he owns the rights, he should get paid.  Just like the Bills would expect to get paid for their logo on a bag of chips.

Just curious .. did you pay the Bills for the icon you are using for this site. Did Pinto Ron get paid for the BillsMafia video NBC recently did? Nope .. there are limitations. This was a fans rant caught on video .. he needs to chill. 

7 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Just curious .. did you pay the Bills for the icon you are using for this site. Did Pinto Ron get paid for the BillsMafia video NBC recently did? Nope .. there are limitations. This was a fans rant caught on video .. he needs to chill. 

The Bills allow their logo to be used on fan sites bc it promotes their brand. It's organic advertising for them. They made that decision. 

Pinto Ron agreed to be filmed for the NBC spot. Does that mean that Pinto cars can take his face and slap it on their ads? 

Mark Miller agreed to be filmed for a sports show, that doesn't necessarily mean it's ok for a corporation to repurpose his face for their advertising purposes without his consent.

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

The Bills allow their logo to be used on fan sites bc it promotes their brand. It's organic advertising for them. They made that decision. 

Pinto Ron agreed to be filmed for the NBC spot. Does that mean that Pinto cars can take his face and slap it on their ads? 

Mark Miller agreed to be filmed for a sports show, that doesn't necessarily mean it's ok for a corporation to repurpose his face for their advertising purposes. 

If the new breakfast cereal Frothing Flakes used the imagery I get it. I am certain the Bills thought he would not mind because it is in support of the team he loves as I am certain there have been many incidences of the Bills having pictures of their fans on their website .. most people love it. I 100% guarantee they will no longer use it and the only person who will be unhappy is Mr. Miller.

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

If the new breakfast cereal Frothing Flakes used the imagery I get it. I am certain the Bills thought he would not mind because it is in support of the team he loves as I am certain there have been many incidences of the Bills having pictures of their fans on their website .. most people love it. I 100% guarantee they will no longer use it and the only person who will be unhappy is Mr. Miller.

I think the Bills should work something out with him.

I don't understand why people in Buffalo can't allow other people's grievances to be heard without this "your dead to me" attitude. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I don't understand why people in Buffalo can't allow other people's grievances to be heard without this "your dead to me" attitude. 

This is the city of good neighbors. You help the guy next door unbury his car because you are a good person, not because you think he will leave a case of beer on your porch the next day. That's the attitude most prefer around here. Sure the Bills should kick the guy something, but the fact that he has his nose up and expects something is what rubs me the wrong way. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

This guy is obviously trying to make some money on this, which is fine.  He is selling t-shirts.  Who do you think are the market for these t-shirts?  Bills superfans are.   Do you think that publicly airing his grievances with the Bills is a smart business decision?

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

This guy is obviously trying to make some money on this, which is fine.  He is selling t-shirts.  Who do you think are the market for these t-shirts?  Bills superfans are.   Do you think that publicly airing his grievances with the Bills is a smart business decision?

I don't think there's much strategy going on here, just a guy thinking out loud on Twitter.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Not for purchasing football tickets, no.

Specifically, some excitable guy screaming his head off.  I'm pretty confident no one on God's green earth saw that and said, "you know what?  NOW I want to buy a ticket to a Bills game."

saw it today...first thing I did was buy Jets tickets ? 

8 minutes ago, bbb said:

Where can I see this part? 

In his interview with WBEN last month, he admitted this. A little kid, who was too shy to speak on camera, was being interviewed by ch 2. Marc Miller pushed the kid out of the way, to show the kid how to talk about the bills on TV.

• Like (+1) 2

No problem with him trying to cash in on something he did but not much thought going on to attack what could have been a cash cow for him

He should have been trying to partner with the bills, which could have been a nice steady source of income

But the attack and then partner worked with resurgence so who knows

25 minutes ago, bbb said:

Where can I see this part? 

“The reporter was interviewing – it’s kinda sad to say this - this little young man that couldn’t have been any younger than my son’s age,” Miller said. “They asked ‘so what do you think about the Bills going to the Super Bowl?’ The kid was tongue tied. So I kind of pushed him out of the way and that’s when the interview started with me.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1