I think over the top fandom is stupid

Just now, K-9 said:

Are we a young, talented team or a team with those eight areas of need and holes to fill? Which is it? 

I’d say we’re a work in progress with an upward trajectory. 

i have no idea why it's so hard from some people to get this.  i think this team is farther ahead than most thought they'd be at this time.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Sunshower said:

I get it, we’re all Bills fans here. I love Buffalo and I love the Bills. We’re a team on the rise. Frankly it would not surprise me at all if we win the division next year and go on a Super Bowl run, but frankly, if you’re such a fan that you cannot objectively view the team and the players on the team and have a rational discussion, maybe you should kind of come back to Earth a little bit. Seems like every post here that isn’t rosy and peachy gets dragged through the mud. Can we stop the jock sniffing and have honest, decent, constructive discussions like adults? We have quite a few holes on this team, frankly I think our coaching staff is the reason why we’re 10-5. We have lots of system players. RE, LE, WR, RT, G, K, P, LB are all need areas. We’re not some ethereal juggernaut. We’re a young albeit talented team that is on the uppity up, but let’s get real and stop with the North Korean propaganda antics that are going on here. We’re missing a few pieces still. I love the Bills but the over the top fandom is ***** obnoxious.

You keep bringing the same point over and over about how some players like Milano for example is slow and overrated , and that he’s nothing more then a ( system player ) and is only playing well because of great coaching , 

dont you think that is exactly the kind of players that McBean is looking for ? to FIT a system that they’re trying to run ? Collection of talent alone doesn’t guarantee success, 

Im sure no one is questioning your fan hood and I agree with you there’s more pieces we need to add on BOTH sides of the ball !! 

Lets Go Buffalo !!!!

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

I get it, we’re all Bills fans here. I love Buffalo and I love the Bills. We’re a team on the rise. Frankly it would not surprise me at all if we win the division next year and go on a Super Bowl run, but frankly, if you’re such a fan that you cannot objectively view the team and the players on the team and have a rational discussion, maybe you should kind of come back to Earth a little bit. Seems like every post here that isn’t rosy and peachy gets dragged through the mud. Can we stop the jock sniffing and have honest, decent, constructive discussions like adults? We have quite a few holes on this team, frankly I think our coaching staff is the reason why we’re 10-5. We have lots of system players. RE, LE, WR, RT, G, K, P, LB are all need areas. We’re not some ethereal juggernaut. We’re a young albeit talented team that is on the uppity up, but let’s get real and stop with the North Korean propaganda antics that are going on here. We’re missing a few pieces still. I love the Bills but the over the top fandom is ***** obnoxious.

Dont tell me how to think

• Haha (+1) 1

Most teams are filled with system players including the Patriots

You arent even give Ford an off-season to develop at RT, you act like we need 5 new WRs , we don't

And we need to replace 1 LBr in Zo

Those are all not crazy crazy weaknesses where we are trotting out PS players.. everyteam could ALWAYS use better players everywhere

McDermott needs to stick to his plan and keep building

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

i have no idea why it's so hard from some people to get this.  i think this team is farther ahead than most thought they'd be at this time.

I don’t understand it, either. We are way ahead of where most, especially the talking head pundits, thought we’d be this year. And the continued development of our young players, especially Edmunds, Milano, and Allen has been a major factor. I’ve come to accept that anything short of a Super Bowl win won’t be enough to satisfy certain people. Too bad, because it’s a fun ride.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

As a vegan, I do not approve of this post. Stop basting lambs and try something like a spinach and chickpea rice pilaf instead.

Don't tell Bills fans how to be, Kay. Just eat your sunflowers and kale and look hot, and keep rooting for us!

9 minutes ago, teef said:

A lack of patience in my opinion.  The quest for immediate gratification.

As soon as this team surpassed the Las Vegas # of wins - 6.5 or whatever it was, it was the super bowl, boom or bust. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I've actually noticed far less unabashed homerism this year than in any years I can remember.

I think there's a lot of love for the team, but I've seen no one opine that there aren't improvements to be made.  I honestly can't recall anyone saying that.

If anything, the bigger problems are those "anti-Joshers," who were vocal in their displeasure with the Bills drafting Allen ... and wishing Allen sucks so they can be right, rather than admitting that the Bills - and Allen - are actually pretty damn good

In a critical view of my own posting I think I homer lot more in the past because I didnt like people attacking our team (even if they were bills fans) I admit it....I did it....I own it

This year?   The team is good enough that they dont need my defending so much so what I have actually spent a lot of my time talking about the few needed pieces that are left.....explaining that we are not a Super Bowl team yet.....and of course defending Josh Allen.

Its all good....we all have an opinion

• Like (+1) 1

Can I give you a hug?

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Putin said:

You keep bringing the same point over and over about how some players like Milano for example is slow and overrated , and that he’s nothing more then a ( system player ) and is only playing well because of great coaching , 

dont you think that is exactly the kind of players that McBean is looking for ? to FIT a system that they’re trying to run ? Collection of talent alone doesn’t guarantee success, 

Im sure no one is questioning your fan hood and I agree with you there’s more pieces we need to add on BOTH sides of the ball !! 

Lets Go Buffalo !!!!

No man!!! You want people that DON'T fit your system! You want to bring in the BEST 3-4 nose tackle to play in the 4-3. Stop making sense........ 

Please see "Cleveland Browns"

2 hours ago, Sunshower said:

This is TBD- the place with loads of personalities good and bad. Take it or leave it. You wont change the narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

Sunshine,  a little surprised at this take after reading some of your posts. I see that you have been a defender of Josh on many threads. So I was guessing that's what it was, clearly not. The tenor of the title could be worded better. People don't care to be told how to think or called stupid because they have a different view. My take is that probably 90% of the posters are really excellent and objective, yes we all get emotional sometimes. The 10% are usually pretty easy to identify and thus get dealt with accordingly. Have a good holiday.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sunshower said:

OK, I had to go eat a cookie and reflect for a bit on this post.  After I raised my blood sugar, felt a nice surge of Holiday Spirit, and reread it...Locked it is, for my part. 

The yardstick I use to mod is to ask "what would the site look like if everyone created a thread like this?  does it enhance and contribute to Football discussion, or distract and detract from Football discussion?".  This gets the "detract" vote.  It's meta-discussion about what football discussion should look like on the site, not football discussion.

We had a meta-discussion thread a month or so back that asked "is it OK to be critical here?"   That thread demonstrated that overwhelmingly people posting here feel being critical of the team is OK.  But I don't see the same contribution here.  It's not asking what people think.  It's LAMPing what the OP thinks.

When I look around, I see plenty of "honest, decent constructive discussions like adults" (well, more or less) about most of the above topics - why did we lose?  what pieces do we need?  the coaching staff.  I see over-the-top views both ways - over the top critical, and over the top positive.  If the OP wishes to see more of such discussion, he or she is welcome to "Make It So" by going off to one of those threads and contributing.

I don't think we need a LAMP 1) calling out folks the OP disagrees with as "jock sniffers" and telling them they're ***** obnoxious (Civility is expected here, so, No.)

2) stating the site is full of "North Korean propaganda antics", which is baloney IMHO when I look around and read what's here

There are people who don't like criticism and they're going to express their views; this post won't stop 'em.  There are people who are extreme with criticism. This post won't stop them either.   It's all good unless it gets too repetitive either way.  Our guidelines prohibit "posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them."

Anyone who feels that they are being attacked or treated uncivilly has the "report" function at their service. 

Hap out.  I Bid You Peace.

• Awesome! (+1) 3