Josh makes hard throws, misses easy ones

Rockee96

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Allen openly acknowledges that he sucked in first half and was jittery. Says he needs to figure out how not to be jittery at the beginning of games. At least he's not shying away from what we all see.

Once he starts running and gets whacked a few times he seems to loosen up and play better. Not designed runs... but when he scramble out of the pocket away from pressure.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Lol. You doubt the guy that has shown 200% improvement in his entire game from year one, to year two, and has continued developing throughout year two, won’t improve? 

Your thread title is accurate. Your post is garbage.

This should end the thread.

josh is not good enough right now.  We just have to hope he continues to improve.

2 hours ago, MDH said:

He’s not that accurate but you can live with that. His biggest issue is his processing time. We need to see a big jump next year in how quickly reads a D and finds the correct guy to throw to. If he doesn’t improve dramatically next season then this regime will have a big decision to make.

As it is all you have to do is all out blitz him and he freezes and tries to run out of it instead of planting his foot and firing the ball to an open guy. He just doesn’t know where to go with the ball.

on the big throw to brown and another big throw...he actually stood there with the blitz coming right at him and threw the ball at the last second.  when he took the horrible sack i thought he was doing the same thing, not sure if what he was hoping would open up didnt...if he just ran out of time or what happened there.    i seen him actually step up into the pocket a few times as well which he needs to do more of.  brady makes this look effortless as he just watches D players coming right at him and calmly steps up into the pocket and makes his pass.   

hopefully this improves going forward

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

lack of rythym is the inconsistency.  Daboll is the problem here.  

Daboll does zero for Josh on first down usually.   

1 hour ago, Rockee96 said:

I don't think Josh is our franchise QB. Yes he makes amazing throws, but he consistently misses the easy ones. That is not a recipe for success. I know he has great leadership, personality, and heart, but at the end of the day, you have to make the easy throws. I doubt that at this point, his accuracy will improve. It's not about the receivers, the o-line, or coaching - we're not going to be consistent winners with Josh as our QB. Yes, he is better than the QBs we've had since Jim, but I don't see him winning for us consistently. 

I know you're not being rude, unfair or mean, but you're going to get attacked for this.

All year, it's anyone but Josh who's the problem. Whether it's Daboll (most popular scapegoat, as the OC always is), the O-line, the run game, kicking, the defense, WR's, McDermott, drafting, etc. it's ALWAYS going to be anyone but Josh's fault for the majority of people on here.

Everyone loves his attitude, effort, and leadership so much that they're willing to overlook all major issues and overcompensate by being hyper critical on everyone else.

And on the flip side, when we win, the threads and comments everywhere are flooded with "Great job Josh!" or "Allen is the franchise!" or "Game ball Allen!" even when he goes long stretches of doing nothing but miss wide open receivers, take bad sad sacks that either kill drives or straight up knock us out of scoring range, etc. and it was the defense that dominated the opponent & even gave us a chance to win in the first place.

But under those videos and articles, you still just see people giving Josh Allen all the credit in the world, no matter how many turnovers, no matter how many sacks, or how poor is accuracy or stats were. If we won, it's Josh Allen that deserves the praise. He can go 12/25 for 139 yards 1 TD, 1 INT and be called "best QB since Jim Kelly!" even though the defense had multiple turnovers, sacks, and completely controlled an entire game. 

Sorry, I've rarely seen people just try so hard to will a QB to success, hoping that if they wish hard enough it'll just manifest into reality. All the while, those same people will find ways to dismiss or discredit QB's we passed over in favor of Allen (Mahomes, Watson, Jackson), trying to diminish their accomplishments, explain away their success, or outright say they're overrated, simply to try & overcompensate for Allen's on-field play. 

The s*** thing is I don't hate the guy at all, and think he's a mid-tier QB that can be a decent starter on teams that are carried by an elite defense. I just don't think he's shown the kind of growth needed to ever be in the category of "franchise" QB. He can look and talk like one all he wants, but on-field play is what matters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't like the scheme he's currently in. I think he can be amazing in a better tailored scheme and another playmaker at RB and WR. 

He has a very weak OC. He has no RB1. Sorry Devin but you're an RB2. He has no #1 WR or #1 TE. Those are alot of handcuffs. And yes he's still young and developing. His inconsistencies are frustrating. I'll pass judgement after next season. My biggest FEAR is he becomes Andy Dalton.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Lol. You doubt the guy that has shown 200% improvement in his entire game from year one, to year two, and has continued developing throughout year two, won’t improve? 

I question his thread title, he's made plenty of easy passes. Just that a lot of those easy passes have been drops.

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The overwhelming percent of fans do appreciate him LanderPoke.  But I get how frustrating it is to read some of these DUMB comments about Allen here. 

We're lucky that we finally have our franchise QB.  Allen is someone you can build an offense around.  That a tiny minority of numbskulls don't see this is on them. 

I feel exactly the opposite.  This board became largely unreadable around the time we beat Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Folks here are freaking delusional and seem to have really short memories. 

Both of the missed throws to Dawson Knox in the end zone were not at all easy throws. Especially the first one. That was a hard throw to a guy that looked open. That said, you would like him to hit one of those two. He probably does himself. Neither of them were easy. You cannot gun it, you have to make sure the defender in front has no chance and you don't throw it too far so your guy cannot get it. He threw it too far both times. Eventually I think he hits one of those. He may should have. But neither were easy at all. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I feel exactly the opposite.  This board became largely unreadable around the time we beat Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Folks here are freaking delusional and seem to have really short memories. 

So to be clear 2BD becomes " unreadable" after a game when folks are optimistic and our young QB plays great?

I would take delusional fandom over pathetic any day of the week.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Your flaw is that you believe improvements are a linear process. No one knows where the ceiling lies. 

1 minute ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

He may become the  MAN. He also may have reached his peak. Either way, we’ll know by the end of next season 

I mean, in every metric he’s improved this year. 

He’s also improving in individual areas week to week.

Interceptions/decision making.

Ball security/not fumbling.

Deep ball accuracy.

Big one for him to continue as the playoffs come, working on seeing pressure soon enough. Moving out of the pocket when needed. 

28 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, in every metric he’s improved this year. 

He’s also improving in individual areas week to week.

Interceptions/decision making.

Ball security/not fumbling.

Deep ball accuracy.

Big one for him to continue as the playoffs come, working on seeing pressure soon enough. Moving out of the pocket when needed. 

His biggest problem, the long ball, he threw two perfect passes, one for a score and one to the one. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

His biggest problem, the long ball, he threw two perfect passes, one for a score and one to the one. 

Yup. Both beautiful passes.

That brown TD by my estimation was -37 to +20 for a total air yards of 43.

The Knox pass was 43 to 2 for 41 air yards. 

Just great passes. He also had some lasers that traveled more than 20 yards.

• Thank you (+1) 1