MIchael Irvin schools Schopp on the importance of culture

Schopp was hilarious yesterday.  Between his takes on the game today, and then getting super offended that some troll account retweeted him from 2017 saying anyone would rather be a Browns fan than a Bills fan (at that point in time).... pure gold.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

wow.   sports radio announcers are insufferable up there? 

yeah, Schopp is 100%. I won't even listen to him. I am however listening to Irvin right now pop this fool in his place. 

Love that the Pats gave their 2nd rd pick for Sanu. Spygate2 will most likely take the 1st away as well. Pats are in a serious hole. I can see BB and TB retiring after this year in all honesty.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

yeah, Schopp is 100%. I won't even listen to him. I am however listening to Irvin right now pop this fool in his place. 

Love that the Pats gave their 2nd rd pick for Sanu. Spygate2 will most likely take the 1st away as well. Pats are in a serious hole. I can see BB and TB retiring after this year in all honesty.

I really hope Spygate 2 does them in.  Hopefully we beat them in the AFC Championship game IN BUFFALO and that is the end of their dynasty of cheating.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Michael Irvin?? 

The Cowboys had a culture but it was about management treating stars like stars and excusing them for egregious off field transgressions........but anyone else better not be a minute late for a meeting or Jimmy would cut them.

I guess that's a culture.

Winning and talent can at least create the illusion of a healthy team culture.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Schopp was hilarious yesterday.  Between his takes on the game today, and then getting super offended that some troll account retweeted him from 2017 saying anyone would rather be a Browns fan than a Bills fan (at that point in time).... pure gold.   

at the time im not sure that's a crazy take.  The browns were set up for success and so far they butchered the potential they had.  Could have had barkley and any of the QBS in that draft.  Imagine barkley and lamar.  hindsight tho

1 minute ago, ogham26 said:

at the time im not sure that's a crazy take.  The browns were set up for success and so far they butchered the potential they had.  Could have had barkley and any of the QBS in that draft.  Imagine barkley and lamar.  hindsight tho

I don't think the Browns coaching staff would do any justice for LJ over there. 

Jackson has the perfect OC to sculpt him and use his rare talents. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Michael Irvin?? 

The Cowboys had a culture but it was about management treating stars like stars and excusing them for egregious off field transgressions........but anyone else better not be a minute late for a meeting or Jimmy would cut them.

Hi Mike!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Schopp got an interview with Michael Irvin? I'm legitimately shocked.

...LMAO.....I picked up a bunch of "Schopps" in the backyard today from the dog.....yet of course,  Irvin would be a tried and true "process/culture guy"......plastic straws still legal in Texas?........

• Haha (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Michael Irvin?? 

Again, you seem to misunderstand “culture”.

There are many flavors of culture and a team full of boy scouts is not the only or for that matter most determinant form that indicates an enduring successful organization.

Its a mindset more than anything.   

You simply don’t get it.   It’s too abstract for you to wrap your head around.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Michael Irvin?? 

Cocaine and hookers were apparently ok, as long as they didn't bring either to practice...

• Haha (+1) 3

Yeah Schopp is wrong here. I dont think the bills are as good as they are this year, without the 2017 playoff berth. For one, it stops the media from asking stupid questions to players about ending the drought. And two, players that come here, are more likely to trust mcdermott and his system. He had great success as a coordinator. And as success as a head coach as well. Analyst will look at 2017 as luck, and the negative point differential. But players just see a playoff berth that year. Thats culture.

37 minutes ago, ogham26 said:

Oh, it wasn’t a crazy take at all.  It’s just typical Twitter got emmn stuff, but he took it so seriously... Like, went on about it for 10 minutes.  It’s not that serious lol. 

Then he doubled down saying he’s not sure the Bills and Browns are that much different now.  

I mean..... c’mon man.... Our team building, scouting, coaching and GM/Ownership are light years beyond what they have.  That matters in the NFL.  It’s not all about star power. 

Edited by SCBills

33 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

I don't think the Browns coaching staff would do any justice for LJ over there. 

Jackson has the perfect OC to sculpt him and use his rare talents. 

without a doubt the browns coaching staff is a joke.  But just talent alone it would have been crazy to have those two guys.  Shoot they could've went barkley and allen and ran the ball all over.  

50 minutes ago, Magox said:

Again, you seem to misunderstand “culture”.

There are many flavors of culture and a team full of boy scouts is not the only or for that matter most determinant form that indicates an enduring successful organization.

Its a mindset more than anything.   

You simply don’t get it.   It’s too abstract for you to wrap your head around.

?? @BADOLBILZ gets it. Do you have any recollection of the Cowboys “culture”? Tuinei and his little heroin habit? Erik Williams plowing his car into a wall at 100 mph? Leon Lett doing crazy Leon Lett stuff a few times a year? Charles Haley being a borderline psychopath? Irvin with his hookers and vibrators and coke? 

Anyway, I can assure you that Badol knows that Jimmy’s culture worked. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1