Allen slammed on ESPN

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think most of us don’t care, but this is outrageous. Nationally broadcast current sports banter and they go off in a hate tangent about things obviously they’ve never been able to do themselves.

It rates throwing monkey crap their way.

#ProveThemWrongJosh!

It is ridiculous which is why I don't watch or listen to this stuff...I watch the games and know what I see. Even the Bills  Superbowl teams were put down often

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And that is it in a nutshell..  No other NFL team thinks every week that 17 points will win the game.

No other team in 2017, 2018 & 2019 (and the common denominator is the HC) has not passed for 300 yards in at least 1 game/yr.......  47 games & counting (46 under this coach).

I suspect it's a McDermott thing.

I mean Pittsburgh was literally playing their 3rd stringer, and he was much more aggressive than our QB. It was a disaster, but it still shows how we constantly have the training wheels on Allen and it's getting a bit ridiculous. He usually plays his best in the 4th quarter in tight games or when we're behind and they have to open things up. 

These next two games mean next to nothing. If we keep trying to win games 17-14, we'll know for sure that it's a McDermott thing and the odds of ever changing it will be slim to none.

If there was ever a time to be aggressive, it's the next two weeks. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I suspect it's a McDermott thing.

I mean Pittsburgh was literally playing their 3rd stringer, and he was much more aggressive than our QB. It was a disaster, but it still shows how we constantly have the training wheels on Allen and it's getting a bit ridiculous. He usually plays his best in the 4th quarter in tight games or when we're behind and they have to open things up. 

These next two games mean next to nothing. If we keep trying to win games 17-14, we'll know for sure that it's a McDermott thing and the odds of ever changing it will be slim to none.

If there was ever a time to be aggressive, it's the next two weeks. 

can't believe the Steelers found 3 QBs this season who will stand in the pocket and throw the ball downfield, the talent level shrunk as it went down the list, but the Bills haven't jumbled together 3 like this in 20 seasons

Just now, row_33 said:

can't believe the Steelers found 3 QBs this season who will stand in the pocket and throw the ball downfield, the talent level shrunk as it went down the list, but the Bills haven't jumbled together 3 like this in 20 seasons

I honestly think Mike Tomlin should win Coach of the Year.

What's he's done there to keep that team in the thick of the playoff hunt, with their 2nd and 3rd string QBs, and Connor and Juju banged up a lot of the year has been incredible. 

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Start at 6:13. This is some of the most vehement hate for Allen I've seen. Methinks this should find its way to Josh...

Absolutely ridiculous!

ESPN has been compromised by its extremely far left rhetoric. They probably label Josh as a racist internally because of the tweet stuff.

Network is dead to me.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Like A Mofo said:

ESPN has been compromised by its extremely far left rhetoric. They probably label Josh as a racist internally because of the tweet stuff.

Network is dead to me.

the website is good for schedules and scores

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Always an excuse.....  They've played conservative all year long.  Sunday was a new low.  

This Development excuse is cr$p.....  He is 25 games in & they have yet to give him the keys to the car.  

Allen is their future.  He has shown the ability to win in the 4trh quarter. Time to see what he can do for 60 minutes.

Sorry, Football is about winning real games not your Fantasy League.

Josh and the rest of the team have 10 wins and 4 losses, pretty straight forward I think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh Allen has improved his game in many areas.  There are some areas where he still struggles.  His footwork on deep passes is still inconsistent, which leads to accuracy issues.  He is not a quick decision maker, which leads to vulnerability to blitzing and a heavy pass rush.  If he can't fix those, it lowers his ceiling.  I don't think there is any reason to believe he can't grow in those areas, but until he does, there are going to be detractors out there.  And, yes, some of them are blowhards.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And that is it in a nutshell..  No other NFL team thinks every week that 17 points will win the game.

Sorry to interject a fact here, but the Bills actually average 20.8 ppg.  And when we have been limited to 17 ppg, McDermott usually says something about "not scoring enough points.  need to score more points."  In this case, against the team leading the league in QB pressures and blitzes, he may have made an exception.

The league average is 23.6 ppg, just so you know.  An offense averaging 14 points per half or 28 points per game would be 4th in the league, tied w/ KC and just ahead of Dallas.

Who are 7-7, just sayin'

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No other team in 2017, 2018 & 2019 (and the common denominator is the HC) has not passed for 300 yards in at least 1 game/yr.......

I'd ask if you'd help me understand this 300 yd fixation, but I've kind of given up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh Allen needs to be better. You can’t keep putting up terrible completion games while throwing under 200 yards and expect people to think you’re a good quarterback. This defense and coaching staff is great. Josh is the only thing that can make this team a super bowl contender. And the way he’s playing right now he is not. Be better Josh and this team can go places. 

2 hours ago, BigPappy said:

I was laughing at this comment myself thinking "yeah, and if my Uncle had a *****; he would be my Aunt". It has to be the dumbest comment I have heard on sports talk TV in a long a$$ time.

edit: Really? the system uses the * to edit out the medical term for female genitalia? 

I got nuttin'.  Honestly.  None of the mods understand what the bad language filter will and will not catch.

The other day I used the word "s n a t c h" in the Shoutbox, as a verb: ***** a victory.  It got ***** ed.  No joke.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

Josh Allen needs to be better. You can’t keep putting up terrible completion games while throwing under 200 yards and expect people to think you’re a good quarterback. This defense and coaching staff is great. Josh is the only thing that can make this team a super bowl contender. And the way he’s playing right now he is not. Be better Josh and this team can go places. 

Idc if Josh has 50 yards a game passing, if those 50 yards result in 5 TDs.  Why is this one stat so important to people?  

5 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

Certainly Josh Allen needs to be better.  He knows it.

I'm curious about one point, and not strictly addressed at you - there are several who express a similar POV.

The Bills currently lead the league in dropped passes, and those are a conservative metric - passes which could be completed with "reasonable effort".  We have small WR who are unable to haul in the "jump balls" or even the slight overthrow catches that other WR make routinely.  We have a starting TE who drops one out of five targets - 20%.  We have a much improved OL, but they either need a piece or they need to gel - our best blocking TE has a large number of false start penalties, and we're 22 in the league in sack % DESPITE a QB with good mobility and escapability.

But the focus is all on the QB - he needs to be better.

Why is that?

Daboll and McDermott both routinely say it takes 11 guys to make an offensive play.  They're not wrong.

• Like (+1) 2