BS Pittsburgh Gazette

gobills1212

Commentary: Sunday put AFC's poor playoff picture on display | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/columns/2019/12/16/afc-playoff-race-bills-steelers-titans-texans/stories/201912150229

Oddly written piece.  At first I thought it was just sour grapes and dude was just acting like so many 'Bills fans' in the gameday thread and his team lost BUT its not a straight shot at the Bills or Allen. Maybe its they have a standard that is not being lived up to. Whats weird to me however is how quick he is to discount both teams O, while not taking into account the point of a really good D.... which is to shut down the other teams O. Common sense dictates that if 2 excellent Ds square off - its not going to be a shootout, but rather a down and dirty grind out type of game. The Pats have been in games like that over the years as have the Steelers. Anyway, its a weird way to trash your team (and ours?) and just makes me think hes scraping the bottom of the barrel. Tough read and tough to justify.  In the end I just think he is bummed and thats his way of dealing w it. Bummed these aren't the Steelers of old who would have taken a hammer to the Bills of old and the only way to make himself feel better is to dump on BOTH team.

Fwiw, the deff dont seem like a team who gives credit where credit is due but rather blame yourself and writing the other team off as the worse team had they not have beaten themselves 

Edited by gobills1212

3 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Commentary: Sunday put AFC's poor playoff picture on display | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/columns/2019/12/16/afc-playoff-race-bills-steelers-titans-texans/stories/201912150229

Oddly written piece.  At first I thought it was just sour grapes and dude was just acting like so many 'Bills fans' in the gameday thread and his team lost BUT its not a straight shot at the Bills or Allen. Maybe its they have a standard that is not being lived up to. Whats weird to me however is how quick he is to discount both teams O, while not taking into account the point of a really good D.... which is to shut down the other teams O. Common sense dictates that if 2 excellent Ds square off - its not going to be a shootout, but rather a down and dirty grind out type of game. The Pats have been in games like that over the years as have the Steelers. Anyway, its a weird way to trash your team (and ours?) and just makes me think hes scraping the bottom of the barrel. Tough read and tough to justify.  In the end I just think he is bummed and thats his way of dealing w it. Bummed these aren't the Steelers of old who would have taken a hammer to the Bills of old and the only way to make himself feel better is to dump on BOTH team.

The most charitable thing I can say about that is that article is that if i saw it on a blog i'd ignore it

• Haha (+1) 1

I love how the authors name has been removed at the authors request.  WTF is that?  Quite a few idiot sports journalists here in PGH.  Again, this is the fanbase that wanted to fire Tomlin when the Steelers started 1-3.  Very low football IQ and generally spoiled.  

• Like (+1) 3

This was not really a very close game. The Bills defense just toyed with the Steelers  being patient then waiting for the turnovers.

To me the game was never in doubt. . One thing for sure, all this talk about the return of the STEEL CURTAIN was greatly exaggerated.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I love how the authors name has been removed at the authors request.  WTF is that?  Quite a few idiot sports journalists here in PGH.  Again, this is the fanbase that wanted to fire Tomlin when the Steelers started 1-3.  Very low football IQ and generally spoiled.  

I haven't read the story so not referencing that, but the authors' names have been removed on all stories at the Post-Gazette because the 140 members of the Newspaper Guild union are on a byline strike that started before Thanksgiving. It is scheduled to end this week after a month. The Guild members are protesting working conditions by the publisher and the PG's parent company. Management has put that note on the stories to explain why the bylines are not there.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

You can't argue that the Bills offense isn't very good, as stated in the article, because it's not.  JA's play wasn't spectacular against the Steelers, but it was better than what they gave him credit for.  I'll take Josh over Duck or Mason Rudolph any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  The Stillers and their Crying Towels should worry about their QB position and HC, and not any one else's.

all this article is about is a writer who is sore after his beloved Steelers lost a big nationally televised game.  Allen was fine yesterday & anybody that can not see his tremendous upside really does have an agenda.  The steeler fanbase is the very definition of a spoiled rotten fanbase.  It is going to be fun watching that organization try to find another franchise QB after Big ben retires, which should be very soon.  

10 minutes ago, Gordio said:

all this article is about is a writer who is sore after his beloved Steelers lost a big nationally televised game.  Allen was fine yesterday & anybody that can not see his tremendous upside really does have an agenda.  The steeler fanbase is the very definition of a spoiled rotten fanbase.  It is going to be fun watching that organization try to find another franchise QB after Big ben retires, which should be very soon.  

Speaking of which, did anyone else seem to notice last night Ben looks like he may be pushing 290lbs right now? 

Edited by H2o
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Speaking of which, did anyone else seem to notice Ben looks like he may be pushing 290lbs right now last night? 

He isn't throwing so I guess that means he isn't doing anything else either.

8 minutes ago, Gordio said:

What? Mason Rudolph isn't that guy ;)

Or Duck Dodgers? ;) 

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

He isn't throwing so I guess that means he isn't doing anything else either.

You mean other than shovelling food into his mouth ;)

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

Fwiw, the deff dont seem like a team who gives credit where credit is due but rather blame yourself and writing the other team off as the worse team had they not have beaten themselves 

It tells me I"ve reached my limit of free articles; care to summarize a few salient points (please don't repost the whole thing tho)?

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It tells me I"ve reached my limit of free articles; care to summarize a few salient points (please don't repost the whole thing tho)?

Most of what pertains to the Bills...

The Bills and Steelers offenses, however, are really bad. The Steelers at least have an excuse because they are playing with a quarterback from the bottom of their depth chart. The Bills have a first-round draft pick, Josh Allen, at quarterback, and while he clearly is a strong player with a huge arm, he isn’t very good at actually playing the position of quarterback.

The Steelers — with an undrafted rookie at quarterback — might be Buffalo’s signature win of the season thus far. The Steelers are still searching for theirs, as they haven’t beaten a team that is likely to even sniff the playoffs.

That’s amazing when you think about it considering how deep we are into the season. These two teams have basically ridden great defenses and feasted on bad schedules to slop together enough wins to get into playoff position.

But are they actually good teams? There was plenty of evidence Sunday at Heinz Field Sunday to suggest neither rises to that level. Sunday had the feel of two mediocre football teams trying to figure out how to win a game despite their quarterback and despite their offense’s shortcomings.

Just seemed pretty skeezy for an actual real newspaper imo

• Like (+1) 1