How scared is the offense playing?

Billsfan1972

..despite trial and tribulations, ups and downs, who had this club at 10-4 through 14 games, and 6-1 on the road including Dallas & Pittsburgh (T-Giving and flexed SNF national audiences)?.......sounds like a lousy formula to me......SMH........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My god you're a baby.

No, I’m very happy with the win, I just want more. I sat through 4 losing Super Bowls with a fantastic team that should have won two of them. I want more than just making the playoffs, I want it all. Like I said, that’s blasphemy here to people like you. Thank you for making my point LOL...

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

No, I’m very happy with the win, I just want more. I sat through 4 losing Super Bowls with a fantastic team that should have won two of them. I want more than just making the playoffs, I want it all. Like I said, that’s blasphemy here to people like you. Thank you for making my point LOL...

Yes I do too.  Our offense is mediocre at best right now.  But what's the reason that after a victory to focus on the negative, especially since it's been 20 years since we won 10 games.  Things are finally changing and we are far from a finished product.

But instead of actually being happy, you go on a Bills message board and B word.  B word like a hormonal teenager.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm thrilled for the win, however can't ignore the fact that they refuse to try on offense.  The fourth quarter last two possessions & prior to half does bother me.

Maybe you should go back and watch Big Ben's first two seasons and see how conservative they played. 

Josh is young and still developing. McD is playing smart football. You want Josh is be a fifth year player in his 2nd season. I get it. Buy a time machine and travel to 2023.

12 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You also want Josh to be a seasoned vet in his 2nd year. You should also buy a time machine an travel to the year 2025... 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

No, I enjoyed the game, super happy with the victory in a tough place to play, I just want more. The games over, they have a lot of work to do to be successful in KC or even Houston. I’ve lived through enough play off runs to know you have to be a complete team to be successful on the road. And right now be it Daboll or the players, they aren’t good enough on offense, sorry if that offends you. They have two more weeks to figure it out, I hope they do, it’s been a special year, would be a shame to see it end in the first round...

6 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Do not question the Bills, especially after a win.  Kumbaya....

• Thank you (+1) 1

Mods, a question for you.  At what point does someone like the OP get warned and/or banned?  Seriously, he is not interested in Buffalo Bills football.  He has openly stated that he is more interested in what he terms "exciting" football than wins.  He does not contribute in a meaningful way to dialog around here.  It is of course your choice to do so or not and I realize you have difficult jobs, but I am curious why this is allowed to continue.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It is sort of like refusing to run the ball against a bad rush defense.  You do not play to other team's strengths. 

Pitt has a great defense and a horrible offense. That means you do not take unnecessary chances on offense and play solid defense. That was McDermott's game plan, and it worked. It would be different against Baltimore, KC, or the like.  

You play the team in front of you; you coach against the team in front of you. 

13 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Defense wins in the playoffs.  You should have learned that from the Super Bowl losses.  With the current D they are a dangerous team in the playoff.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yesterday was an all time low......  Yes a win, but let's thank Duck for that.....  To play as scared as they did just makes me shake my head.  

I think their highlight was getting that first down before halftime so they could run out the clock.  

After going up 17-10 their goal was to hold the ball for three plays & punt.  Pathetic.

You probably badger your wife and kids nightly.

You are the typical Baseball dad that screams to his son whenever a mistake is made.

....or asks his wife to go to the gym

YOU ARE BOTH PATHETIC & SAD.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

No, I enjoyed the game, super happy with the victory in a tough place to play, I just want more. The games over, they have a lot of work to do to be successful in KC or even Houston. I’ve lived through enough play off runs to know you have to be a complete team to be successful on the road. And right now be it Daboll or the players, they aren’t good enough on offense, sorry if that offends you. They have two more weeks to figure it out, I hope they do, it’s been a special year, would be a shame to see it end in the first round...

How does it offend me when I told you I agree with you that I want more from the offense?  I've also lived through the playoff runs.  Well we are 6-1 on the road this year....so yeah not a success I guess.

Again, it's fine to have concerns, I have them too and so do many.  But to go on a Bills message board after a victory to take us to the playoffs and just B word....you're just being a baby.

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So I guess you'd all be happier if Josh went for it all, got sacked and fumbled the ball?

2 mins and timeouts you may as well call to kneel down the whole game. It’s not like people are calling for deep balls at your own 5 with 23 seconds and no timeouts 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

whatever the subtext and history of this take is aside, except for the late TD drive (which was sick) the bills really did over turtle late.

not even trying for a first down on the last two drives, and that goony stuff after the white pick in the redzone, it really does tell me dabol (or perhaps mcclaps) either lost some confidence in josh/passing game, or just wanted to turtle up.

we clearly don't practice screens and bubbles because we just never run them.  a tiny bit of that can go a long way.

let's see if next week shows us some new wrinkles.

playoffs!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

You probably badger your wife and kids nightly.

You are the typical Baseball dad that screams to his son whenever a mistake is made.

....or asks his wife to go to the gym

YOU ARE BOTH PATHETIC & SAD.

He talks through the whole movie at the theater while wearing his bluetooth headset with the blinking blue light.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

2 mins and timeouts you may as well call to kneel down the whole game. It’s not like people are falling for deep balls at your own 5 with 23 seconds and no timeouts 

They weren't worried Suck Devlin was going to beat them.

Yesterday was an all time low......  Yes a win, but let's thank Duck for that.....  To play as scared as they did just makes me shake my head.  

I think their highlight was getting that first down before halftime so they could run out the clock.  

After going up 17-10 their goal was to hold the ball for three plays & punt.  Pathetic.

QB who tends to melt down in mistake filled games.. vs. the team with the most sacks and takeaways in the NFL... who is also starting their third string QB.  They knew going in they were going to be conservative.  It was the plan.  

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Mods, a question for you.  At what point does someone like the OP get warned and/or banned?  Seriously, he is not interested in Buffalo Bills football.  He has openly stated that he is more interested in what he terms "exciting" football than wins.  He does not contribute in a meaningful way to dialog around here.  It is of course your choice to do so or not and I realize you have difficult jobs, but I am curious why this is allowed to continue.

This is a board where one can express their opinion.  

The Offense is a huge bone of contention.  Am I supposed to only sing their praises?

I find moving the ball on offense, 30+ poinbts & 300 yards passing exciting.  My favorite teams to watch (outside the Bills) are NO, Seattle, KC & any team that puts offense first.

• Like (+1) 1

BOO!!!

BOO!!!