Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Binghamton Beast

Possible Bills coaching changes in 2020 [Mod edited]

Recommended Posts

Looking at our coaching staff I really only see one solid possibility of losing a coach, and that being Ken Dorsey. With Allen’s improvement is it possible someone will offer Dorsey an OC spot to work with that teams QB and also steer their offense? Is Dorsey ready to be an OC?

 

Possible that Allen is more comfortable with Dorsey than Daboll and the Bills send Daboll packing and offer Dorsey the OC?

 

Anyone else see any possibilities? Though our defense is top notch I don’t see anyone getting poached there,

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if they win the division.  Finishing 10-6 wouldn’t warrant consideration. 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or how about Ken Dorsey being the play caller?  Daboll creates some nice plays, I suspect he has problems with when to call what plays at the right situation.  The offense would be set back if you blew up Daboll's play book, but I don't think he should be calling plays.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ken Dorsey is way over-rated.  How could anyone not be a great QB coach with Cam Newton in his younger years?  After being fired by the Panthers Dorsey was hired in March 26, 2018 to be the assistant director of athletics for the Florida International University sports program.

Our present head coach pulled him out of the minor leagues to be the Bills QB coach. As an Offensive Coordinator with no NFL experience in that role seems to be a reach. 

 

  • Like (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daboll and Fraser stay.  Dorsey, who knows, but I am guessing yes as well.  the special teams guy has not worked out imho.  Lets try Tasker......in that role. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Or how about Ken Dorsey being the play caller?  Daboll creates some nice plays, I suspect he has problems with when to call what plays at the right situation.  The offense would be set back if you blew up Daboll's play book, but I don't think he should be calling plays.

Funny you say that. It's not necessarily the plays he has in his arsenal,  but the incredibly stupid times he uses them. Keep the playbook,  add Dorsey and let him supplement it.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Daboll and Fraser stay.  Dorsey, who knows, but I am guessing yes as well.  the special teams guy has not worked out imho.  Lets try Tasker......in that role. 

Tasker has said numerous times he would never coach, to much of a grind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Or how about Ken Dorsey being the play caller?  Daboll creates some nice plays, I suspect he has problems with when to call what plays at the right situation.  The offense would be set back if you blew up Daboll's play book, but I don't think he should be calling plays.

Oh God....I just made a potentially horrible realization.  Is Daboll so bad at calling the right play because he never learned how, because he always had all the signals to know what's coming??? Ohhhh no.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why wouldn’t the Bills just block teams from interviewing Dorsey for a coordinator position?

Kind of an unwritten rule i think. Typically people don't want to work for a company that blocks your career advancement. 

 

Wouldn't be surprised if Frazier gets some looks for a HC. After we lost what's his name..Petite?...to the browns a few years ago nothing will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

Kind of an unwritten rule i think. Typically people don't want to work for a company that blocks your career advancement. 

 

Wouldn't be surprised if Frazier gets some looks for a HC. After we lost what's his name..Petite?...to the browns a few years ago nothing will.

Nonetheless, the Bills don’t have to let teams interview him for coordinator positions. Teams block guys all the time. If the Bills feel he’s crucial to Josh’s development they should (and will) hold firm on Dorsey. They can even hand him more money to keep him happy.
 

I think Frazier and Daboll are going to get interviews. I don’t know if either will be hired but they will be considered. 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think Frazier and Daboll are going to get interviews. I don’t know if either will be hired but they will be considered. 

 

I know it's been 8-10 years or so since Frazier was coaching the Vikings, but don't people remember just how bad a job he did with the Vikings, save one season?  I can't fathom anyone considering Daboll, at least this point.

 

 

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

What are the chances McD is fired if we don’t make the playoffs?

I’d say less than 5%. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d say less than 5%. 

Would be horrible to start 9-3 and finish 9-7. That is the only scenario we miss the playoffs. I don’t see that happening but if Allen implodes and continues his 40% completion percentage in loses we need to draft a new QB & hopefully McD is spared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Would be horrible to start 9-3 and finish 9-7. That is the only scenario we miss the playoffs. I don’t see that happening but if Allen implodes and continues his 40% completion percentage in loses we need to draft a new QB & hopefully McD is spared.

Even in the unlikely event that the Bills finish 9-7 , I’d be shocked if the Bills drafted a QB and even more so if they moved on from McD. The offensive rebuild wasn’t complete this season, they’re still a couple players away from being a potent offense. I expect them to address it in FA and the draft 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Even in the unlikely event that the Bills finish 9-7 , I’d be shocked if the Bills drafted a QB and even more so if they moved on from McD. The offensive rebuild wasn’t complete this season, they’re still a couple players away from being a potent offense. I expect them to address it in FA and the draft 

I see us two years out with Allen due to lack of TE, WR, RT, RG, & RB depth behind Singletary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Looking at our coaching staff I really only see one solid possibility of losing a coach, and that being Ken Dorsey. With Allen’s improvement is it possible someone will offer Dorsey an OC spot to work with that teams QB and also steer their offense? Is Dorsey ready to be an OC?

 

Possible that Allen is more comfortable with Dorsey than Daboll and the Bills send Daboll packing and offer Dorsey the OC?

 

Anyone else see any possibilities? Though our defense is top notch I don’t see anyone getting poached there,


It’s wishful thinking that the Bills send Daboll

packing.  It won’t happen.  He is far from perfect but he’s also not as bad as some fans want you to be believe.  A big part of the offensive struggles is Josh Allen - whether fans want to admit it or not.  But he’s  also made strides this year.  
 

Only way Daboll leaves is If someone gives him a HC position.   

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why wouldn’t the Bills just block teams from interviewing Dorsey for a coordinator position?

 

I am certain that they would. 

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

What are the chances McD is fired if we don’t make the playoffs?

 

None

4 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

 

I know it's been 8-10 years or so since Frazier was coaching the Vikings, but don't people remember just how bad a job he did with the Vikings, save one season?  I can't fathom anyone considering Daboll, at least this point.

 

 

 

He had nothing at all at Quarterback. If Frazier was 10 years younger he would be gone this offseason for a HC job. I think he will almost certainly be back because people are not rushing to hire a 60 year old Head Coach. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Looking at our coaching staff I really only see one solid possibility of losing a coach, and that being Ken Dorsey. With Allen’s improvement is it possible someone will offer Dorsey an OC spot to work with that teams QB and also steer their offense? Is Dorsey ready to be an OC?

 

Possible that Allen is more comfortable with Dorsey than Daboll and the Bills send Daboll packing and offer Dorsey the OC?

 

Anyone else see any possibilities? Though our defense is top notch I don’t see anyone getting poached there,

I doubt the coaching staff makes any changes regardless, unless Daboll continues with his Dr Jekyll and Hyde play calling while staying with the Hyde stuff. Look back at the last five games to see that against the Browns and Ravens the run game simply was underutilized by about half of the passing attempts.  Which created a tough time for the QB as he was forced to attempt to carry the team with his arm.

 

Now look at the Miami, Denver, Dallas games to see that the Bills ran it nearly 2x the amount they passed the ball which allowed Josh Allen to find some confidence and rhythm. What was thoroughly confusing was why Daboll had Allen throw deep so much considering that Josh has one of the worst deep passing completion percentages in the league this season. In those three wins the Bills offense went with mostly a short passing scheme.

 

A lot also depends on how many wins this team has at the end of the season, 9-7 and changes are in sight, more wins and a playoff run and changes are doubtful. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I doubt the coaching staff makes any changes regardless, unless Daboll continues with his Dr Jekyll and Hyde play calling while staying with the Hyde stuff. Look back at the last five games to see that against the Browns and Ravens the run game simply was underutilized by about half of the passing attempts.  Which created a tough time for the QB as he was forced to attempt to carry the team with his arm.

 

Now look at the Miami, Denver, Dallas games to see that the Bills ran it nearly 2x the amount they passed the ball which allowed Josh Allen to find some confidence and rhythm. What was thoroughly confusing was why Daboll had Allen throw deep so much considering that Josh has one of the worst deep passing completion percentages in the league this season. In those three wins the Bills offense went with mostly a short passing scheme.

 

A lot also depends on how many wins this team has at the end of the season, 9-7 and changes are in sight, more wins and a playoff run and changes are doubtful. 

 

 

 

Teams pass more in games they are behind a lot and run more when they are ahead. Who knew?

 

There were three lots of run, run, pass punt on Sunday. This team cannot run to set up the pass. It can pass to set up the run.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Would be horrible to start 9-3 and finish 9-7. That is the only scenario we miss the playoffs. I don’t see that happening but if Allen implodes and continues his 40% completion percentage in loses we need to draft a new QB & hopefully McD is spared.

 

Look at this guy go!

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

Look at this guy go!

Just calling it as I see it. Will the 2019 Bills continue our 20 year history of fading down the stretch or prove once and for all they belong in the consideration of legit contenders? Another chance to beat two teams with winning records awaits. I want to go 3-0, just don’t have much faith given the lack of progression on the offensive side. Maybe Allen completes 65% and we still lose, but that would be a nice development given his 11-0 record when complete 60% or more and 3-10 when below.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...