Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

FOX says Jay Glazer has obtained the tape and will let us know what actually happened - audio and video -in the next hour before game time. I’m not changing the channel........so it worked! (Though I may walk the dog and back it up in case I missed it, so it’s not 100% victory.)

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Patriots facing significant penalties for illegally taping Bengals during Week 14 game vs. Browns

The New England Patriots are facing steep penalties for their admitted illegal taping of the Bengals sideline last week, league sources said, which is likely to include the loss of at least one draft pick and heavy fines.

There is the possibility of a suspension for a member of upper management and/or ownership as well, sources said, pending the results of the NFL's full investigation into the matter.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-facing-significant-penalties-for-illegally-taping-bengals-during-week-14-game-vs-browns/

I want to point out a piece of this article that reveals exactly why the Patriots need to be punished:

The Bengals have a copy of the roughly eight-minute tape, which sources said head coach Zac Taylor showed to his staff this week so that all would be aware of exactly what the Patriots may have had access to and to make any necessary changes to their signals or protocol ahead of their meeting with New England Sunday.

Whether the Patriots would have gotten any advantage from the tape or not, their actions give their opponent one more thing to worry about and prepare for. Whatever usual signals the Bengals use, they have to spend practice time changing those signals and getting everyone on the same page. That's a competitive advantage for the Patriots no matter how you slice it.

Considering they are repeat offenders of this exact type of crap, the NFL needs to come down on them hard.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Whether the Patriots would have gotten any advantage from the tape or not, their actions give their opponent one more thing to worry about and prepare for. Whatever usual signals the Bengals use, they have to spend practice time changing those signals and getting everyone on the same page. That's a competitive advantage for the Patriots no matter how you slice it.

What information they might or might not have gained is immaterial.  They cheated.  What homeruns did steroids help Barry Bonds hit?

9 minutes ago, syhuang said:

The funniest part was the beginning...the pats guy saying it was of their advance scout..and when the Bengals security said there was no advance scout on there...the pats guy said he was trying to get 'field perspective'?   8 full minutes focused on the sideline of the bengals is 'field perspective?  LOL   Guilty and throw the book at them...if not for cheating...for a terrible coverup.

I don’t want to hear about losing a few draft picks.  If Belichick knew (spoiler alert: He did!), he needs to be banned from the sport.  I mean, how many times do you have to be caught cheating before you get the boot?

And just watch his his press conference.  What a little b**ch.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Seriously though, what is the delayed response from the league all about. Why does something like this take so long to figure out whatever course of actions are required?

a thorough investigation?  Trying to line up as many interviews to question people as possible...to see if anyone 'slips up' and gives any indication of who ordered the taping to occur...or where it goes when it is completed.

I'm not sure the league will get anywhere with that with the Pats stonewalling the investigation, but they have to try.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Jimmy Johnson: "I don't care if it's Bill Belicheck or any other coach, no nfl coach would approve this."

Let me correct that for Jimmy....I don't think Belicheck would be dumb enough to talk directly to the people filming the videos...I'm sure he would have some 'go betweens' (assistant coaches, staffers) pass the message down the line so he could deny "direct" involvement.

• Like (+1) 2

These talking heads are idiots if they don't think that this information doesn't make its way back to Billy B.  Yes, maybe he has nothing to do with the actual tapes themselves, but if you don't think the information that they gather from these tapes don't end up in a report on his desk at the end of the day, you are stupid and ignorant.

This is crap and no fine or draft pick loss is enough.  What is a few million dollars to a company that is worth billions?  A draft pick, or even an entire draft, is no big deal with FA.  They need a REAL punishment that should prevent this from ever happening again They should be playoff ineligible this year and next year at a minimum and the coaching staff should be suspended as well.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, sven233 said:

These talking heads are idiots if they don't think that this information doesn't make its way back to Billy B.  Yes, maybe he has nothing to do with the actual tapes themselves, but if you don't think the information that they gather from these tapes don't end up in a report on his desk at the end of the day, you are stupid and ignorant.

This is crap and no fine or draft pick loss is enough.  What is a few million dollars to a company that is worth billions?  A draft pick, or even an entire draft, is no big deal with FA.  They need a REAL punishment that should prevent this from ever happening again They should be playoff ineligible this year and next year at a minimum and the coaching staff should be suspended as well.

as much as I agree kicking them out of the playoffs it would cost the league millions of dollars and they wouldn't do it. 

27 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I don’t roll with the “you are stupid and ignorant if you don’t agree with me” generally, but let’s just say I find it highly implausible that information gained from these videos wouldn’t make its way to Belicheck and his coaches.

It was enough years ago.