Josh Allen: Sunday vs. Ravens is not a huge game

...interesting perspective...comments??..............

Josh Allen: Sunday vs. Ravens is not a huge game

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 7, 2019, 7:52 AM EST

Bills quarterback Josh Allen wants to tamp down the hype on Sunday’s game against the Ravens.

Allen said on NFL Network that he’s viewing the matchup with the top team in the AFC the same way he views any other game.

“I wouldn’t consider it a huge game,’’ Allen said. “Everybody wants to make a big deal out of it. Obviously we’re going against a great team and obviously it’s going to be a four-quarter grudge match, it’ll take 60 minutes to go get this thing. But it’s just another one on our schedule. We’re not trying to make one game any bigger than the rest.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/07/josh-allen-sunday-vs-ravens-is-not-a-huge-game/#comments

I get that the "business as usual" tone is what you expect to see from a professional athlete, but of course the game is huge not just for its post season implications but even more so because of its compelling interest for football fans and pundits everywhere as a fascinating match up. For reasons that we all know, the Ravens have the most electric and exciting offence in this year's NFL. It also is something of a scheme dependant novelty that in and of itself naturally attracts a lot of attention and challenges a lot of conventional thinking. Against that you have one of the very best defences in the game, arguably elite or close to, guided by a couple of the most capable defensive minds. The Raven's have an physical, ultra aggressive O. The Bills have an attacking, mostly single gap responsibility defensive alignment. Advantage Raven's? What adjustments to their front and pressure packages will McDermott and Frazier implement? Is the Raven's passing game good enuf to stand alone if they are held to short yardage on early downs and are forced to pass against the league's most efficient pass D? Would this be a recipe for turnovers?

And of course you've got two of the most promising and exciting young QBs going head to head. What more could you ask for if you are in any sense a fan of the game itself and not just of a particular team? That's why this game will be played under the spotlight of intense national attention and is really not just another game. Im just hoping that it lives up to its billing (and that the Bills can pull off the upset of course).

Its been a very long time since the Bills have gotten to perform on so prominent a stage. 

Whatever gets him playing well on game day. Some guys think they have to appear and act ultra pumped up for other people. This just shows confidence taking his own approach to things.

It's a big game haha. Maybe playing it down keeps you in the right head space. Some dudes psych themselves out.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Big GAME will be the playoff game until then one game at the time !!!

22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

No matter what anyone says, it is indeed a big game.

Is this a bigger game then the one in Foxboro that’s coming up in couple of weeks ??

This is the correct approach and I don't necessarily think it's just team speak.

It's a big game for for the Bills in the context of playoff implications and proving they can matchup and hopefully beat the "best."

As far as grand implications; LJ vs JA, etc. Meh. I think that's more intriguing to fans (myself included) and observers than it is to the QB's/players themselves. I'm guessing his thoughts and focus are about what HE needs to do. 

9 minutes ago, Putin said:

The Big GAME will be the playoff game until then one game at the time !!!

Is this a bigger game then the one in Foxboro that’s coming up in couple of weeks ??

When you’re fighting for the division all the games are big.

Yes it’s an important game, but like playing the pats all these years it can’t be treated as our super bowl, even if you haven’t been there before, the least you can do is act like you’ve been there before. This is the correct attitude to take. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Josh just destroyed the Cowboys in their own house on Thanksgiving Day in front of a national audience. He's got ice water running through his veins.

He's calm, collected and polished when it comes to media speak. Belichick would love this kid. Not brash, pompous or running his mouth like some athletes do. Give them zero bulliten board. This kid is going to be special. 

This has been the Pats way of viewing things for Belichick's entire tenure. All games matter, none are bigger than any other, take one game at a time, go 1-0 every week, do your job.

Seems to have worked out just fine for them.

• Like (+1) 1

Appreciate the mindset and it is the right one to have but it is absolutely a monster game. I think Allen had the best game of his career given the stage on thanksgiving.  However, the Cowboys have shown themselves to be an overhyped, soft, team of frauds.  The Ravens aren’t that.  

IMO, this is essentially a playoff game.  If Allen can play well in this game, I might truly believe we have a franchise guy. 

• Like (+1) 1