Ron Rivera fired

Buffalo Boy

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Get it done, Beane

Bring this guy on staff!

...it's a package deal...Scam and his "Prince Pressers" come along....damn well better derail that connection.......Rivera will land somewhere....he had a decent playing career with da Bears and DC stint with the Chargers....

1 minute ago, mannc said:

The previous two Michigan coaches were bad.  Harbaugh has lost at least three games each of his five seasons in Ann Arbor.  The expectation when he was hired is that the Wolverines were going to compete toe-to-toe with Ohio State, against whom he's now 0-5.  He's fallen well short of that expectation.  

Yeah, I guess fire him if all you hired him for was to beat OSU. I'd definitely fire a 73% winning coach... for sure.  

16 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Do you really believe the Pegula's would agree to something so dumb after the Marrone fiasco? 

....and exactly for what reason(s) would they want to go back to Carolina?.....control?...they have it.......an Owner with money and willing to extend them?......um, er, well, uh......perhaps (COUGH).....

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

So you have never seen a Tiberius post?

...try like hell to avoid them at any cost......

4 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Yeah, I guess fire him if all you hired him for was to beat OSU. I'd definitely fire a 73% winning coach... for sure.  

73% winning percentage is not anything to brag about at a program like Michigan.  They have around 4 cupcake games per year, so this means he’s really only about .500 against bona fide division 1 programs, although I’ll grant you that the Big 10 has become more competitive since Harbaugh arrived in Ann Arbor.

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

But Kuechly has made has living as a WILL.

Why make an All-Pro WILL linebacker change positions? And why ask him to do it in order to unseat a guy who is ALREADY playing well at MIKE for Buffalo? And what about the fact that your SAM usually comes off the field for about 40% of plays? And why would Kuechly choose Buffalo -- a team who, in your scenario, wants him to change positions -- over other teams that would let him play his natural position? 

So many questions.

Nope - Kuechly has made a living as a MLB in the exact defense McDermott runs.  Up until this year  - with the switch to a 3-4 - he has always played the Edmunds role.  He is the perfect mentor and trainer to help Edmunds continue to grow.

I do not see them getting rid of Luke, but he would be a great add.  He has an in depth knowledge of this D and would be like another coach.

He also talked about his respect for McDermott during the summer - so I could see this if they let him go.  Mentor/future coach role.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I could see some of this, but why would they want to stick with their past.  It seems like they should be trying to clean house and getting a total new regime - not bring back former front office and coaching staff that were here with Rivera.  

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Probably a strong indication Cam may be gone with a new HC 

Honestly I think it’s the opposite 

they know he was moving on from cam owners want to keep cam so fire him and will find an offensive coach that wants to build around cam

42 minutes ago, Logic said:

But Kuechly has made has living as a WILL.

Why make an All-Pro WILL linebacker change positions? And why ask him to do it in order to unseat a guy who is ALREADY playing well at MIKE for Buffalo? And what about the fact that your SAM usually comes off the field for about 40% of plays? And why would Kuechly choose Buffalo -- a team who, in your scenario, wants him to change positions -- over other teams that would let him play his natural position? 

So many questions.

No.

Luke Kuechly was a 4-3 MLB his entire career until they switched to a 3-4 this season.

Your takes.?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Honestly I think it’s the opposite 

they know he was moving on from cam owners want to keep cam so fire him and will find an offensive coach that wants to build around cam

...seriously?...build what?......a cellar to dwell in?......

• Thank you (+1) 1