Josh Doctson Anyone?

H2o

11 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Damn i wanted to see me some Duke this Thursday

Me too, but it is what it is, Duke may still be in play, but it is good that Both Morse and Foster are practicing.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure where you get Foster "probably out for the season" when he's already back practicing (limited) in 2 days.

Yes, this has been established my friend. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I had read reports initially that he had pulled it bad. 

7 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

I want to see the Foster we saw last season. 

I think we all do. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Nice to have somebody with reliable hands & produces when called upon in the pipeline.

A lot of fans have an unrealistically high opinion of players on their team as opposed to players on other rosters. Doctson has essentially been a bust, but ... dude has 81 catches, 1100 yards in basically 2 seasons of play due to injury, and he's only 26. He has the size and has (had? that remains to be determined in a workout) speed to be an effective 3rd/4th option at receiver. A team with better WR talent is letting him go ... yes, its worth it for the Bills to consider him as a possible upgrade as they make a playoff push. I like Duke Williams, I like Robert Foster, etc, etc, but you gotta look at every position now with an eye toward every marginal upgrade if you're gonna make the playoffs and make some kind of impression in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure where you get Foster "probably out for the season" when he's already back practicing (limited) in 2 days.

The way it happened I thought "season done" I must admit it just looked like a classic tear an over extension, when slowing, after an explosive acceleration. That is classic hamstring tear territory. But when I heard yesterday that he never went up the tunnel and was trying it out on the sideline I felt pretty sure it couldn't have been and it might just have been a grade 1. I doubt Foster is active this week. He has a chance for Baltimore though. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The way it happened I thought "season done" I must admit it just looked like a classic tear an over extension, when slowing, after an explosive acceleration. That is classic hamstring tear territory. But when I heard yesterday that he never went up the tunnel and was trying it out on the sideline I felt pretty sure it couldn't have been and it might just have been a grade 1. I doubt Foster is active this week. He has a chance for Baltimore though. 

My last baseball injury was a groin and it didn't happen when I chased down a flyball full speed.... it happened after I slowed up.... just kinda popped

Hoping Bob's was just a slight pull.....

Edited by r00tabaga

54 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Totally agree with your take, Hapless ..... I think it is a disservice to all on this board for someone to come up with a diagnosis which is purely speculative. There seems to be quite a few keyboard MDs on this board - to wit, the poster who claimed TB12's alleged elbow injury was an infection. Brady was "questionable" until Sunday but of course he played.

Robert Foster is a limited participant in practice this week.  That suggests to me that his hammy is a mild pull at worst, and the Bills think he could play in another week or so.  It'll take Doctson at least that long to get sufficiently up to speed to have more than a very limited role on the offense.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/26/vikings-cut-josh-doctson/

He was just cut by the Vikings. He's had an injury history, but was an extremely productive college player. With Foster probably out for the rest of the year I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look. 

Played his freshman year at Wyo, then transferred to TCU.

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Try actively rooting for a players success and you won’t have to defend yourself, it’s that easy.

Or he could just try blocking random new people with no sense of humor whose screen names sound like a kind of toilet paper and see if that works.