Auto Zone: Emasculation Station

Gugny

Figuratively speaking, of course.

It's fairly well known that I drive a muscle car.  To be specific, I drive a 2015 Nissan Versa Note.  It rocks 109 horsepower.  Watch out.

I bought new wiper blades on Saturday.  Brought them home and got the driver's side one on with little issue.  I mistakenly snapped the wrong adapter into the passenger side one and could not get it out.  I put it aside.  After having to remove the entire wiper arm from the car, I finally got the rear wiper changed.

Went to Auto Zone to try and exchange the passenger side.  Dude behind the counter was able to get the incorrect adapter out and snap the correct one in.  It was raining fairly heavily, but I told the guy I wanted to make sure it would go on.  So I ran out, popped the old one off (again) and could NOT, for the life of me, get the goddamn new one on.

I go back in and say I'm really sorry, but I can't get the damn thing on.

Woman behind the counter comes out and takes the wiper blade from me (not rudely) and says, "this is for the rear window, right?"  I said, "no ... passenger side."  She laughs and says, "Ha!  What kind of car do you drive?  It must be tiny!!"

She proceeds to get her coat, give me a dirty look whilst donning it, then goes out and puts the wiper blade on in less than 3 seconds.

I went back inside to discard the old wiper blade and made sure to thank her, again, before I left, to which I got a, "yeah, no problem," along with a look that told me she was clearly perturbed.

But to be honest ... I can't blame her one bit!

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

How proud could you possibly be after that experience??

because... 

you know..., that late, great muscle car of the mid '10's. an astounding 109 freaking horses!

cc_2015nis020a_01_640_fak.jpg?height=400

Edited by Foxx

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Figuratively speaking, of course.

It's fairly well known that I drive a muscle car.  To be specific, I drive a 2015 Nissan Versa Note.  It rocks 109 horsepower.  Watch out.

I bought new wiper blades on Saturday.  Brought them home and got the driver's side one on with little issue.  I mistakenly snapped the wrong adapter into the passenger side one and could not get it out.  I put it aside.  After having to remove the entire wiper arm from the car, I finally got the rear wiper changed.

Went to Auto Zone to try and exchange the passenger side.  Dude behind the counter was able to get the incorrect adapter out and snap the correct one in.  It was raining fairly heavily, but I told the guy I wanted to make sure it would go on.  So I ran out, popped the old one off (again) and could NOT, for the life of me, get the goddamn new one on.

I go back in and say I'm really sorry, but I can't get the damn thing on.

Woman behind the counter comes out and takes the wiper blade from me (not rudely) and says, "this is for the rear window, right?"  I said, "no ... passenger side."  She laughs and says, "Ha!  What kind of car do you drive?  It must be tiny!!"

She proceeds to get her coat, give me a dirty look whilst donning it, then goes out and puts the wiper blade on in less than 3 seconds.

I went back inside to discard the old wiper blade and made sure to thank her, again, before I left, to which I got a, "yeah, no problem," along with a look that told me she was clearly perturbed.

But to be honest ... I can't blame her one bit!

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Add some stickers to it, and you can increase the HP. Like a NOS sticker adds 5HP. But ask your son what to get. You don't want a Coexist one on there, that'll drop 20HP and an inch off your little Richard. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Add some stickers to it, and you can increase the HP. Like a NOS sticker adds 5HP. But ask your son what to get. You don't want a Coexist one on there, that'll drop 20HP and an inch off your little Richard. 

I cannot afford an inch!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I recently went to Autozone to purchase a new battery.  Not only did the gentleman install it for free (I threw him a saw buck afterward), he gave me a nice shoulder massage before closing the hood and sending me on my way.

It must be your face....

You too? Remarkable.