How is it the Dallas Cowboys get no media bashing for an easy schedule?

HOUSE

12 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

The difference is the Pats and the Boys blow out their weak teams. The Bills had to come from behind in a few of their wins against the same teams. 

You mean like they did against the Jets? Oh, wait, they lost to them when the Jets had zero wins? The Cowboys have actually become infamous this year for their slow starts. This past week, they beat the Lions by 7. Oddly enough, aside from the team we just blew out last week, their only true blowout was against that 5-5 team. The Cowboys should not be ranked higher than the Bills (not that it matters and I should not get as mad as I do when I see it happen), but here we are.  

21 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think they have dominated some of those opponents...something the Bills haven't done except against the Dolphins...Even there we scored 3 FGs instead of TDs in the 1st half.

They have not. Only the same Dolphins, and oddly enough the Eagles. They pulled away from the Giants twice (as we did), beat the Redskins by 5 fewer points than we did, and beat the Lions by 7. If we're going to take the side of other teams, let's get the facts right.

There is a highly obnoxious, racist old, Cowgirls $#@& at the bar my posse goes to watch the Bills! He gets preferential treatment (sound of the game), because he’s been there longer.

On the days that the Bills are up and the Girls are down, I yell out... for the entire bar to hear:

”How bout them Cowgirls?”

Unfortunately on Thursday, we will be making our Granddaughter’s first Yankee Thanksgiving Dinner at her home! 

(If the Bills are pulling the upset, I may call the bar and ask to speak to him!??????????)

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Well they are only 6-4, so they really aren’t winning that much more than they are losing. Maybe if they were 8-2 the media might dissect them more. The narrative I see is nobody believes they are that good and Garrett is a below average coach. Almost all media has Green Bay, San Fran, and New Orleans as better teams and probably Seattle too.  
Can Bills beat them. Yes. But they are a matchup nightmare. Big oline, great RB and a QB that doesn’t turn the ball over.

And in Dallas on Thanksgiving is a hard lie -- but we've only been blown out in one game, and Thursday games when both teams have no rest can be plain weird. The Run D has been more unpredictable than it's been bad, so hopefully the good Run D -- the one of the first five games, last week, and a few unlikely second halves -- shows up. If we play like the first half of the homestand+Browns game, yes, Zeke will eat us alive.

We should have a good chance to win this game, but it's a scary start to a scary 4-game stretch. But good teams win some of these games.

56 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

And in Dallas on Thanksgiving is a hard lie -- but we've only been blown out in one game, and Thursday games when both teams have no rest can be plain weird. The Run D has been more unpredictable than it's been bad, so hopefully the good Run D -- the one of the first five games, last week, and a few unlikely second halves -- shows up. If we play like the first half of the homestand+Browns game, yes, Zeke will eat us alive.

We should have a good chance to win this game, but it's a scary start to a scary 4-game stretch. But good teams win some of these games.

Agree with everything. They have a chance to win all four. Like others have said, if they can not win at Pittsburgh or one of the others they probably don’t deserve a playoff spot.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

The difference is the Pats and the Boys blow out their weak teams. The Bills had to come from behind in a few of their wins against the same teams. 

I never said we were “there” yet, I just like our direction. 

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

All that might be related to the fact you tossed ‘sis’ down the stairs those many years ago.  Not so much ‘creepy’ as waiting for ‘Ninja Augie’ to go off.  Never mind the Nobel Peace Prize you won, and rescue mission you mounted to the ISS using only a kettle and a string.  ?

I would NEVER “toss” my sister down the stairs! That would be a horrible thing to do!

I may have grabbed her by the ankle once, then run down the stairs with her bouncing and screaming behind me, but I’m sure I had my reasons. The highlight, however, was when I called her a B word explaining it to my dad, and he told me it didn’t prove a #&*@ thing to swear! Ah.......good times!   ?

17 hours ago, HOUSE said:

So I ask you, have you ever seen one NFL media expert claim the Cowboys are only winning because of their easy schedule....just one? Can you say the same about the Buffalo Bills?

The Dallas Cowboys are 6-4 on the season, but none of their wins have come against teams with a winning record. Only the Philadelphia Eagles are among the teams they have beaten that don't have a losing record, as they are 5-5.

(Note) The Bills beat the Titans , also 5-5

https://www.newsweek.com/dallas-cowboys-battle-flu-ahead-their-biggest-game-year-chilly-new-england-1473653

Politics is a dirty business my friend ! 

1 hour ago, CardinalScotts said:

My best friend is a chiefs fan..back about 5 years ago they played 11 back up qb's 9 in a row...no one said a word - just chiefs  keep rolling. It's agenda driven- something to talk about or write about.

I remember that , and we almost beat them that year with Tuel at the QB 

Edited by Putin

17 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Because its Dallas.  BS to be sure but they are one of the handful of teams that get a pass from the media (NE comes to mind as well).

...EXACT same reason Allen is the most maligned QB in his class despite obvious strides and improvements.....simply BUFFALO....as if I give a rat's azz though.....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/23/2019 at 7:20 PM, HOUSE said:

So I ask you, have you ever seen one NFL media expert claim the Cowboys are only winning because of their easy schedule....just one? Can you say the same about the Buffalo Bills?

The Dallas Cowboys are 6-4 on the season, but none of their wins have come against teams with a winning record. Only the Philadelphia Eagles are among the teams they have beaten that don't have a losing record, as they are 5-5.

(Note) The Bills beat the Titans , also 5-5

https://www.newsweek.com/dallas-cowboys-battle-flu-ahead-their-biggest-game-year-chilly-new-england-1473653

I hate all the whining and Bashing regarding schedules. They play who they are scheduled to play! The games are determined years in advance and that’s that.  We all make fun or lampoon them if they lost to these teams but when they win we feel “well look at how bad these teams are” ugh

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I hate all the whining and Bashing regarding schedules. They play who they are scheduled to play! The games are determined years in advance and that’s that.  We all make fun or lampoon them if they lost to these teams but when they win we feel “well look at how bad these teams are” ugh

And when they have a tough schedule everyone uses that as an excuse to why they are bad. Yes, we all know you don't get to pick your schedule, but just because you can get all your wins against bad teams, doesn't mean everyone has to be impressed and declare you  a SB contender. Right now people have looked at their record and opponents and feel that after watching their performances in the games, their easy schedule is why they have the record they do, not because they are just really good.

As for the Cowboys, they aren't getting much praise either, but they get some respect because they aren't really struggling to get their wins like many of the Bills games, and their confidence in that team that they could still win a game if it turns into a shoot out. They only have 2 games where they have scored less than 20 points this season and haven't really been blown out either.

14 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

And when they have a tough schedule everyone uses that as an excuse to why they are bad. Yes, we all know you don't get to pick your schedule, but just because you can get all your wins against bad teams, doesn't mean everyone has to be impressed and declare you  a SB contender. Right now people have looked at their record and opponents and feel that after watching their performances in the games, their easy schedule is why they have the record they do, not because they are just really good.

As for the Cowboys, they aren't getting much praise either, but they get some respect because they aren't really struggling to get their wins like many of the Bills games, and their confidence in that team that they could still win a game if it turns into a shoot out. They only have 2 games where they have scored less than 20 points this season and haven't really been blown out either.

Yet the cowboys have not beaten a team over .500 yet. All there wins from sub .500 teams.. be an interesting game Thursday. Both teams have a lot to prove, and both playing for the playoffs. 

Mike and Mike this AM covering the Boys again ... 

Losing in NE***** should not have been when Jerruh should have thrown the coach under the bus. 

If they lose to the Bills then Jerruh has an excuse...  The Bills Offense is not proven and they haven't beaten a winner either so....  IF Dallas wins against the Bills ... It was only the Bills. 

DANGERFIELD_OBIT_10-06-2004_F42O3FT.jpg