Week 12: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I expect Josh Allen to have a bad outing vs the Broncos.

Vic Fangio's defensive schemes have been cited by many as some of the toughest in the NFL to prepare for and for quarterbacks to diagnose. Defenses like this are the ones that have given Allen the most trouble so far in his career.

Forget Denver's poor record -- just look at the defense. It's very good.

I'm not saying I think the Bills will lose, I'm just saying it will be tough sledding for Buffalo's offense.

I hope I'm as wrong as can be on this one.

Yep, their defense is legitimate, but I don't think that's a reason to "expect" a bad outing from Josh.  He's been taking good care of the football lately and if the Bills run up-tempo that's something that has given Denver fits.  I think it's a fair statement to say both defenses are probably good enough to keep the scoring down, so it will come down to who makes the most of what we expect will be limited opportunities.  I don't "expect" Josh to melt under these circumstances -- I have much more confidence in him than I presume Denver fans have in his counterpart.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Vic Fangio's defensive schemes have been cited by many as some of the toughest in the NFL to prepare for and for quarterbacks to diagnose. Defenses like this are the ones that have given Allen the most trouble so far in his career.

I'm not saying I think the Bills will lose, I'm just saying it will be tough sledding for Buffalo's offense.

This will be a tough game. It wouldn't surprise me if it goes the same way the Colts-Broncos game went which was a close low scoring game. That was a game where the Colts were trailing most of the way and needed a FG at the very end to win it. Hopefully the Bills will have the lead entering the 4th but I expect this game to be a one score game all the way thru. All Bills fans will be nervous between 1-4 on Sunday afternoon unfortunately. No blowout/comfortable win this week.

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Unfortunately Allen didn’t play against the Bears last year, so he hasn’t seen a Fangio defense first hand. On the plus side, that defense doesn’t exactly know what to expect first hand either. It’s gotta be difficult to prep for Allen’s skill set when you don’t have a QB that can stiff arm DTs to the ground. Gonna be interesting for sure. 

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's like the most devastating injury anyone in any sport can have.  I wonder if I can donate my spleen if a Bills player loses his?

Thx for volunteering but artificial spleens are available. https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/09/artificial-spleen-could-help-treat-sepsis

1 hour ago, Logic said:

this makes a lot of sense (I can see why your screen name is logic).

But I have this really weird gut feeling about this game that the Bills are going to dominate— with some big plays on both O and D.  Something like 31-13. 

My intuition has been pretty good this year. I thought the first Miami game would be relatively close and thought we would lose the Browns game for sure. And I just have this warm and fuzzy feeling that last week was a watershed moment for the team, especially the O. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I think Allen is going to have a big game. Not actually disagreeing with your points cause they're all well grounded, I just think the keg that is Josh Allen is now tapped and freely flowing and I think it's all upside from here on out. This could be a very silly looking post in a couple days or weeks, but there it is. ;)

My Allen stat line prediction for the Dolphins game was pretty close, so heres a wild one: 

24/37 for 279, 2 td's, no INT's. 7 Rushes for 89 yards and a score. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think Allen is going to have a big game. Not actually disagreeing with your points cause they're all well grounded, I just think the keg that is Josh Allen is now tapped and freely flowing and I think it's all upside from here on out. This could be a very silly looking post in a couple days or weeks, but there it is. ;)

My Allen stat line prediction for the Dolphins game was pretty close, so heres a wild one: 

24/37 for 279, 2 td's, no INT's. 7 Rushes for 89 yards and a score. 

I’m wondering if Allen gets hot down the stretch again. It’d certainly be something to have a QB that plays his best in the 4th quarter of games and the final quarter of the season.... If he averages 225+ passing, 50 rushing with a 3:1 TD/INT ratio the rest of the season this team is going to the playoffs unless there’s a total defensive meltdown. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

if Allen is a franchise QB he needs to start playing well vs defenses like this. he can't play the dolphins every weekend 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m wondering if Allen gets hot down the stretch again. It’d certainly be something to have a QB that plays his best in the 4th quarter of games and the final quarter of the season.... If he averages 225+ passing, 50 rushing with a 3:1 TD/INT ratio the rest of the season this team is going to the playoffs unless there’s a total defensive meltdown. 

Statistically he didn't look great down the stretch except the Miami game, but as the season went on he was definitely more comfortable and playing better football in general. I hope he gets hot right now and we cruise. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Daboll moved to the box.  We'll be fine.

• Haha (+1) 1