Is there a role for Tyler Kroft on the Bills?

Tyler Kroft makes Trent Murphy look like a steal

40 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Scott Chandler?  Charles Clay’s numbers were about the same in his first 3 years.

Yes, but Charles Clay never used “the shovel” as a TD dance during Snowvember’s relocated Jets’ game to Detroit. 

Charles Clays biggest contribution to this team was looking good getting off the bus. 

That is my only memory of Scott Chandler, and I love it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Tyler Kroft makes Trent Murphy look like a steal

Yes, but Charles Clay never used “the shovel” as a TD dance during Snowvember’s relocated Jets’ game to Detroit. 

Charles Clays biggest contribution to this team was looking good getting off the bus. 

That is my only memory of Scott Chandler, and I love it. 

I was not a Clay fan. But I was just looking at his stats, and he missed so many games with us— wonder what he would have looked like if healthy. His one healthy season in Miami he caught 69 balls.

also, he actually seems to be doing okay in Arizona as a backup. 13 catches for 169 yards and played in every game. 

One can ask this question about several players on the offense, this comes about because of how players are used on this team, or might I say not used.....  just use the guy more and he has s role on the team, kinda like Singletary, he almost has a role on this team, Duke Williams has great hands, he could have a role on the team, if they used him, our QB could have a larger role on the team if they used him better. I think you all get my point.

Go Bills!!!

16 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

Sometimes I feel WR/TE are totally irrelevant for us, especially TE position.

It is quite noticeable how many TE's at other teams make big catches and get big targets...but we just never notice/see it.

I would love to be a TE focused team

We have them but it is at a rate of 1 big play every 8 games.

15 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Kroft has been useless

....hindsight is a beautiful thing...if McBeane knew he would land TWO promising youngsters ala Knox and Sweeney in ONE draft, Kroft signing never happens IMO.....

Potential Out: 2020, 1 yr, $6,556,250; $1,600,000 dead cap

Salary        Signing        Roster         Workout     Cap Hit        Dead Cap       Yearly Cash

2020 Contract details by year 27 $4,450,000  $800,000   $1,250,000   $100,000   $6,600,000   $1,600,000  $5,800,000  ($12,356,250)  
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, brianthomas said:

I was never a fan of the Kroft signing from the get go. just another player added to an ever growing list of players we've added where you can't wait to get rid of.

But theres been a role for him this whole time. Its just that he hasn't done anything with it.

Knox has been a nice surprise & has stood out from the pack because cmon, it really isn't that hard to do. All you need to do is catch a few passes & you're at the top of the list given the group we have. But Knox has been a godsend.

Krofts been out there the past few games but you wouldn't even know it. And only reason we know Smith is out there is from the referee calling his name over & over again.

Like others have said, I'd much rather cut back on Smith's snaps & have Sweeney play. He's got good hands & shows a bit of toughness to him. He at the very least isn't invisible out there & will make a play or 2. See what you have with him & move on from Kroft asap.

This sounds more like the Sabres than the Bills. Lots of deadweight on that team. Can't think of too many bad contracts besides maybe Star. Well yes, Kroft too now.

Edited by Bferra13

I'll go out on a limb here and say if the Bills knew they were going to draft Knox and Sweeney, they wouldn't have signed Kroft.  Suppose you could argue the opposite then why draft a 2nd TE when you already had signed Kroft and Lee Smith.  But Teams always "draft the BPA".

I do think though based on what Knox has shown so far and Sweeney looked good in the pre-season, wouldn't shock me to see Kroft gone, or ideally traded.  The only reason I see him back next year is they feel it's too big of a cap hit to let him go and also pay for a replacement player  for him.