The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Its so true. 

Secret meetings, Russian helped him win, Trump Towers meetings, Hotel deals, trying to get Puty into G8, saying we are as bad as Russia 

Wake up 

It's so true....that it is a liberal fantasy.  Psychiatrists say there is a yearning to get something personal out in the open with depictions such as you have shown.  Pretty easy to see that you want to be the one on his knees and mouth wide open before Putin.  

Edited by RochesterRob

9 hours ago, jrober38 said:

All that matters today is that Sondland said it was a quid pro quo. Trump extorted a foreign government to benefit himself politically.

Did he say that?

Honestly, I'm late to this discussion. Can you point to what language he used, because all I see is him saying the quid pro quo was white house meeting  in exchange for announcing an investigation into 2016 and Burisma.  If there's something more, let me know.  If there's not, then you're mis-characterizing the testimony.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Did he say that?

Honestly, I'm late to this discussion. Can you point to what language he used, because all I see is him saying the quid pro quo was white house meeting  in exchange for announcing an investigation into 2016 and Burisma.  If there's something more, let me know.  If there's not, then you're mis-characterizing the testimony.

Actually the President himself told this guy there was NO quid pro quo....and that he did not want ANYTHING! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Missed the past hour+... 

59 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

c-span has a burp during the exchange (Conaway from Texas (R) pointed it out) about the D congressman calling for a boycott of Sondland's hotel in Oregon as a way to intimidate him into testifying "correctly".  Who was the Democratic congressman that called for the boycott? 

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Albwan said:

If you guys would put that shift eating troll on ignore and stop quoting him 

he would crawl back into the hole he came from.

He is truly a sick individual.

Also the authorities should do a health check on him and make sure

he has no weapons.

What you said is true of 80 percent of the trolls out on the internet.  From what I have seen Tibs will be back with a new account as often as needed for the express purpose of getting under people's skins so one block will not do it.  It's happened on other websites I have been on.  I still maintain that Tibs and his socks are part of a paid presence here.  The people who oversee this board need to realize this and just block his IP address.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, snafu said:

You didn't even say it was impeachable.

You stopped at "wrong".

I was trying to get the opinion of the person I originally quoted.  I was hoping we might find some common ground and knew 'impeachable', while I firmly believe in it, was unlikely to find common agreement.  That is why I did not say it where noted. 

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

I was trying to get the opinion of the person I originally quoted.  I was hoping we might find some common ground and knew 'impeachable', while I firmly believe in it, was unlikely to find common agreement.  That is why I did not say it where noted. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

From the little of it I saw this morning....Sonland is not a serious person.  When do some of these water cooler gossiping, middle management types get their walking papers?

has anyone with a government job, testifying, looked like they had a 3 digit IQ

since Ollie North?

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I'm not sure he speaks Ganja.

Just now, row_33 said:

has anyone with a government job, testifying, looked like they had a 3 digit IQ

since Ollie North?

How about in your country?  Which Russians do you think are really intelligent?  Certainly Putin, right?  He seems very clever.  I mean anyone that could outsmart Trump must have a really large brain.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

question - why are there an unbalanced number of members from either side on the Intelligence Committee? more Dems than Repubs.

always thought majority in the House and Senate gets the extra seat on Committees.

5 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Actually, as I was following through the thread, you called out for anyone to answer your question.

But, really it wasn't a question.  You stated a conclusion of what you believe with hypothetical facts supporting your conclusion, and then you asked for anyone to agree with your conclusion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, snafu said:

Actually, as I was following through the thread, you called out for anyone to answer your question.

But, really it wasn't a question.  You stated a conclusion of what you believe with hypothetical facts supporting your conclusion, and then you asked for anyone to agree with your conclusion.

That's what he does. 

Like when he talks about "WHERE ARE THE SURVEILLANCE TAPES OF TRUMP!" and then ignores every single answer to that response. 

Bob doesn't want a conversation. He wants to virtue signal that he's not a RACIST by saying how much he hates Trump. And then lumps anyone who raises objections to that (simple minded) world view as NAZIS!

He's a joke.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

it would appear that they have 3 more members.

(but she won the popular vote?)

i looked it up but couldn't find that the ruling Party gets any perk except the Chair, and the minority party the Ranking Member

seems like the important ones have the majority party holding the majority seats, the Senate Judicial being a vital one

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i looked it up but couldn't find that the ruling Party gets any perk except the Chair, and the minority party the Ranking Member

seems like the important ones have the majority party holding the majority seats, the Senate Judicial being a vital one

I believe it's a percentage based on the amount of members on each side.

Maybe we can agree that the only mistake Trump really made with Ukraine was not limiting Zelensky to a 6 hour window in which to comply with his request.  Had Trump done that, aid would have flowed immediately and by now an investigation would have yielded info. Even the left could agree with that, right? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, keepthefaith said:

Maybe we can agree that the only mistake Trump really made with Ukraine was not limiting Zelensky to a 6 hour window in which to comply with his request.  Had Trump done that, aid would have flowed immediately and by now an investigation would have yielded info. Even the left could agree with that, right? 

i don't think anything would make them like Trump

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

looking back, it would appear that the majority always has 4 more members (currently 3 because Jordan has been added?) on the Intelligence Committee. previously when Repubs held the majority during the 114th and 115th Congress, they had the same advantage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

looking back, it would appear that the majority always has 4 more members (currently 3 because Jordan has been added?) on the Intelligence Committee. previously when Repubs held the majority during the 114th and 115th Congress, they had the same advantage.

always seems stacked against the party defending itself in a hearing

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, KRC said:

ive actually said this a number of times. What’s really funny about the last year is it show how truly worthless And unnecessary the federal government and bureaucracy is. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i don't think anything would make them like Trump

I know you know this... this is for the cheap seats: 

Trump is IRRELEVANT to most people in this conversation. It's not about one president or another. It's about the rule of law -- specifically if we want to live in a nation where we have merely the ILLUSION of a republic, but are in fact ruled over by a group of unelected intelligence and foreign service personnel whose loyalties do not align with that of the people. 

One side is FINE with living in an illusion. That's GarBoTibs of the board. They have NO problem with doing "whatever it takes" to get rid of Trump, because they've been programmed to be more emotional than rational. They believe he's a NAZI -- and anything is justified when you're fighting Nazis, even subverting the rule of law...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Foxx said:

thanks to you and @Buffalo_Gal for the help in sussing this out.

:beer:

when wiki can't make me a 2-second expert, it makes me sad

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I know you know this... this is for the cheap seats: 

Trump is IRRELEVANT to most people in this conversation. It's not about one president or another. It's about the rule of law -- specifically if we want to live in a nation where we have merely the ILLUSION of a republic, but are in fact ruled over by a group of unelected intelligence and foreign service personnel whose loyalties do not align with that of the people. 

One side is FINE with living in an illusion. That's GarBoTibs of the board. They have NO problem with doing "whatever it takes" to get rid of Trump, because they've been programmed to be more emotional than rational. They believe he's a NAZI -- and anything is justified when you're fighting Nazis, even subverting the rule of law...

i really think this is all about Trump, they hate him so much.... it's hillary-ious

the hate has grown from Nixon to Reagan to W to Trump exponentially

wait till Donald Jr takes over

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:
1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

c-span has a burp during the exchange (Conaway from Texas (R) pointed it out) about the D congressman calling for a boycott of Sondland's hotel in Oregon as a way to intimidate him into testifying "correctly".  Who was the Democratic congressman that called for the boycott? 

Earl Blumenauer

https://thinkingoregon.org/2018/02/06/earl-blumenauer-from-man-of-the-people-to-multi-millionaire/

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2