Grading the next generation of quarterbacks...CBS Article

Hebert19

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/grading-nfls-next-generation-of-quarterbacks-josh-allen-kyle-allen-rebound-gardner-minshew-struggles/

Not sure this has been posted but it seems someone looks at allen as doing better than the rest and pretty favorable overall.  Guess the sky may not be falling. 

Edited by Hebert19
Update title
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Thanks for posting. It all seems fair, across all QB’s. 

As I’ve stated here multiple times, I think Josh is going to be a great QB and this reenforces that others (non-homers) are seeing what I’m seeing: a raw QB who is improving. 

He was not only the right Josh, he IS the right QB. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 10

We have a nicely developing QB, a good defense, a coach that squeezes performance out of every player, a GM with knowledge and a plan.  We are 6-2.  Yet, people boo and people complain constantly.   We won 6 games last year and now the fans complain about the quality of the wins.  ?? 

I cannot believe the negativity from Bills Mafia.  Bring back the 12th man. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 8

45 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Ya.  Compared to EJ losman Edward's etc we should be doing cartwheels.   Issue is that people are comparing him to mahomes. 

He is a gamer that loves buffalo what else do you need. 

Who is comparing him to Mahomes?

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Thanks for posting. It all seems fair, across all QB’s. 

As I’ve stated here multiple times, I think Josh is going to be a great QB and this reenforces that others (non-homers) are seeing what I’m seeing: a raw QB who is improving. 

He was not only the right Josh, he IS the right QB. 

I absolutely agree with you.  Is it weird that I think the fact he is raw as a positive? If this is him raw, his ceiling could be absolutely insane. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Interceptions are down and he makes plays in the 4th quarter.  Completion percentage is higher and accuracy is better. He still has some scratch your head throws at times. He's fine and progressing nicely. 

Agreed.  Just need more trust in him from the OC.  Needs more freedom to sling it

• Like (+1) 2

Well, its nice to see that grade on Josh, but consider that Trapasso is a Bills fan and used to edit Buffalo Rumblings and contributes to the Buffalo News.  Perhaps a bit biased?   Hmmmm....

EDITED:   Or more likely, better informed, since he probably follows Allen and the Bills more closely than other national media guys...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-trapasso-b5a9a511

Edited by Lurker
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Ya.  Compared to EJ losman Edward's etc we should be doing cartwheels.   Issue is that people are comparing him to mahomes. 

He is a gamer that loves buffalo what else do you need. 

It’s only an issue because he’s not nearly as good.

It’s easy to say he’s better than EJ but it’s still a pathetically low bar to set.