Buffalo Bills Might Be Most Flawed 6-2 Team You’ve Ever Seen

TwistofFate

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

On fire. Personally, I don't really care how good Jackson looks relative to Allen. Jackson looks really good, but I'm really only concerned with Allen.

What I find hypocritical is that it's perfectly acceptable to criticize everyone BUT Allen. The receivers, the line, the OC, the HEAD COACH. Everyone involved in the offense.

But if you point out some issues with Allen, THEN you're a cream puff or a negative nelly or whatever. That's inconsistent logic. You're basically just complaining about something else and calling others out for what they choose to critique.

Everything needs to get better offensively INCLUDING Josh Allen. Right now, it's not good enough.

I like what I see in the the grand scheme of things. The HC can win close games. The team plays for the coach, etc. But if the offense, including Allen, doesn't significantly improve, we've got some real limitations.

This last game was the first in which I totally fault Daboll. I thought Allen was ready to sling it around; he looked poised and confident. Missed a few throws, but whatever. That was a game they should have let him air it out.

The idea that you or anyone else can’t point out flaws in Allen’s game is absurd. He’s got flaws in his game. And I’d bet he’d be the first to admit that.

But Jackson’s or anyone else’s stats have ZERO relevance to Allen’s situation in Buffalo. 

NEWSFLASH: Josh Allen may not be as good as Jackson or other young QBs.

Oh, the humanity!

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd like to know what the critics of our 6-2 record thought our record would be before the season started. I have a feeling none of them thought we would be 6-2 at this point. So if the Bills are beating out every expectation, what is with all the complaining?

I think the bills are playing roughly as expected and the competition ended up a little softer than I pegged. The records a bit better than anticipated and it irks me we didn’t do more to put our chips on the table now. I don’t think I was shy about wanting that all offseason and now suspect it’ll lead to wasting what might be one of our best chances at a deep run.

Hopefully there will be other opportunities but this was a pretty excellent one and I’d not currently bet on it to happening. Never know though, as it could end up being like flaccos super bowl run. 

49 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Again, what’s your point here? That Jackson is a better QB than Allen? So the F what? It’s nothing to be so insecure about. But if it bothers you that much perhaps you need a change? 

My original reply was in response to "Jackson is the next coming of Jesus Christ and Allen is a bust yet both are dual threat QBs, Allen being the better passer, Jackson the better runner." 

My point is that if Allen is better or even as good as Jackson, then he hasn't shown it yet.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Lamar Jackson is kicking Josh Allen's ass so far this season.

QBR

Jackson - 70.9 (5th)

Allen - 36.9 (28th)

Adjusted Net Yards per Pass Attempt

Jackson - 6.79 (13th)

Allen - 5.38 (25th)

Passer Rating

Jackson - 95.4 (14th)

Allen - 82.9 (28th)

Rushing Yards per game

Jackson - 79.6 (9th)

Allen - 30.9 (50th)

Rushing Yards per attempt

Jackson - 6.4 (1st)

Allen - 4.0 (35th)

Seriously I loled at the rankings in parentheses next to the rushing stats, nicely done ??

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

There have been division winners with 7-8-1 and 7-9 records.  

7-9, Hmmm.  You must be thinking of the 2010 Seattle Seahawks, tied at 7-9 with the then-St Louis Rams. 

Not to mention 8-8 2011 Denver Broncos.

Ugh, just typing that makes me salty about missing the playoffs with those kind of W-L records when other teams got in.

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

My original reply was in response to "Jackson is the next coming of Jesus Christ and Allen is a bust yet both are dual threat QBs, Allen being the better passer, Jackson the better runner." 

My point is that if Allen is better or even as good as Jackson, then he hasn't shown it yet.

Is that it? Your point was all about a grasp of the obvious? Ok then.

12 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The Lamar attacks are getting cringeworthy.

Lamar Jackson is having a remarkable season I hope JA can get to his level against the league's better defenses (he hasn't shown it yet).

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think these next two games are interesting.... The Browns are struggling big time and ready to implode but talented. The Dolphins are playing better. They were 1 yard away from being up 21-9 midway through the 3rd quarter a few weeks ago against us. 

These two games are games a good team wins. We will see. I still think they are somewhere in the middle taking advantage of an easy schedule. I'm still skeptical their style of play has them set up for long term success. They still have many holes they've already attempted to fill with high picks/cap $$$ that don't look the part. 

I think they lose to Cleveland and beat Miami. I'm honestly fine with a split despite the pie in the sky dreams. I think they beat the Broncos easily at home. That puts them at 8-3 going into the tough stretch. The finale is a home game, which they will/should win or they don't belong in the playoffs anyways. That's 9 wins.

Then you have the 3 really tough games(at DAL/home Baltimore/at New England. Lose all three AND the Steelers game and they don't deserve it.

The ball is in their court. They're either gonna put up or shut up.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I’m surprised how many people here don’t recognize a Greg Roman creation when they see one.

Lamar Jackson is Tyrod Taylor, folks. And it’s ok to admit it.

He isn’t nearly as risk averse as TT.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

The only “cream puffs” I see around here are those who are so afraid that Allen may not be as good as Jackson or other young QBs that they have to keep trotting out irrelevant stats as a way of expressing that fear. Pitiful. 

Unfortunately I count a lot of creampuffs by that measure ?

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I’m surprised how many people here don’t recognize a Greg Roman creation when they see one.

Lamar Jackson is Tyrod Taylor, folks. And it’s ok to admit it.

I think that's selling Lamar Jackson way short, GoBills.  He is both a better passer and a better runner than TT.

But if your point is that Greg Roman has dusted off one of the best systems for a dual threat QB, plugged LJax into it and tweaked it to fit, you're right.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that's selling Lamar Jackson way short, GoBills.  He is both a better passer and a better runner than TT.

But if your point is that Greg Roman has dusted off one of the best systems for a dual threat QB, plugged LJax into it and tweaked it to fit, you're right.

His rushing alone is sooo much better than Tyrod. Looks like Dante Hall with an arm. Maybe second only to Vick. GMs and coaches would love to have their best athlete taking the snaps. Removes the need to have said quarterback get the ball in the athlete's hands.

Not all running quarterbacks have the same ability rushing. Tyrod really wasn't that great rushing in hindsight. He just chose to run a lot. Not the same thing.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

Meh, it's so fun to pick on the Bills tee-hee. Just last year both the Chargers and Panthers were 6-2 at this point. Since then they've both taken a step backwards while their franchise QBs have seemingly aged and lost a step, which is definitely worse than our situation.

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jackson is also not afraid to throw the ball.