Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

Just now, SCBills said:

Chargers can actually be a really good team, but with the hole they dug, and the schedule they have... it may not matter.   The Raiders don't scare me at all, but they have a schedule similar to ours in the back half.

The bolded kind of summarizes the Chargers for the last decade or so for one reason or another. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

IF the Browns were smart (they are not) this game would go through Nick Chubb

They are smart enough to try to run the ball. The Redskins did that too and still lost. They still need to be able to do both. The eagles passing efficiency and screen game set up the run to be effective down the stretch of that game. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They are smart enough to try to run the ball. The Redskins did that too and still lost. They still need to be able to do both. The eagles passing efficiency and screen game set up the run to be effective down the stretch of that game. 

Offense goes through Chubb with Hunt in the game as well.  Baker plays spread the Ball to Landry and OBJ he will throw picks like h has ALL season.  But Freddy Kitchens (worst coach in the NFL) wont see that.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Offense goes through Chubb with Hunt in the game as well.  Baker plays spread the Ball to Landry and OBJ he will throw picks like h has ALL season.  But Freddy Kitchens (worst coach in the NFL) wont see that.

Omg can you at least switch Elvis out for Pat?

??????????

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Screen game to Hunt and Chubb will be key for us to stop in order to win

19 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Screen game to Hunt and Chubb will be key for us to stop in order to win

I’m fascinated by how much the Bills (coaches/players/media/fans) are focused on stopping their playmakers and I’ve heard nothing, literally, from their side about how they plan to defend our offensive players. And I listen primarily to sports radio that covers the Browns and follow media that covers them. I don’t know what to make of it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m fascinated by how much the Bills (coaches/players/media/fans) are focused on stopping their playmakers and I’ve heard nothing, literally, from their side about how they plan to defend our offensive players. And I listen primarily to sports radio that covers the Browns and follow media that covers them. I don’t know what to make of it. 

They aren't to worried about an offense that doesn't score with big plays. Its a lot easier to defend an offense that trys to score on 10 plays versus an offense that is explosive and uses a lot of big plays. 

IMO if the Bills are going to win this game they need to be more aggressive on offense with big yard plays. On defense they need to blitz Mayfield cause if the Bills can't get to Mayfield he will be able to make plays. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

So we've got the Bills believing they're disrespected, McD with a "revenge" game against the team that spurned him, and a Browns squad of "me first" guys who aren't playing well together.

If ever a fast start was important it would be this game.  Get the Browns down by a couple of scores early and it could be a stress-free afternoon.

This "disrespect" was the driving factor to that silly statement I made about teams being more motivated to not fall to the Bills. Of course it is subjective conjecture.

Even teams with poor records that have nothing to brag about I believe react with a degree of shock when they fall to the Bills.

The Jets last year were a prime example; falling not only to the Bills, but a Matt Barkley-led Bills squad - Oh the humanity!

I found the hue and cry of fans, former players, and the Jets org humorous because IMO the Jets were no great shake, but they acted like the sky was falling.

Do you remember how for a while it seemed that every team we beat resulted in a coaching shake-up either happening or being discussed?

Lose against the Patriots, Eagles, Saints, Packers, a forgivable offense, but the Bills...? Damn, we are worse off than we thought?

It was not that long ago AB was tweeting about never playing for Buffalo (whose laughing now), and there is an entrenched perception of the Bills being that perennial bottom feeding team after our 17 year playoff drought.

Backing into one playoff appearance since that dubious run cannot be expected to fully erase that narrative.

Media and player perceptions are not changed by telling people you are better. 

If the Bills are successful building a team that can demonstrate that they can string winning seasons together the narrative will change on its own.

I think they are on the right track, but they have to take care of business and get the wins. I don't expect any team we play to roll over for us and run to the bus.

If Mcdermott gets out coached by Kitchens there needs to be questions asked of him and his staff 

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

The Duke/Foster competition is fascinating.  They both seem to be competing for the last active spot each week, and will probably be competing for the last WR spot next year, assuming we bring in another WR in FA/Draft. 

Foster brings so much speed, but we already have speed in Brown, McKenzie and Roberts.  Duke, if healthy again, is a big target and, perhaps more important due to where we seem to be headed offensively, a nasty run blocker.

id rather have Duke. he fits our offense more right now. we have no need for a deep threat bc Allen can't hit those throws to save his life right now 

Edited by Tesla03

9 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

If Mcdermott gets out coached by Kitchens there needs to be questions asked of him and his staff 

id rather have Duke. he fits our offense more right now. we have no need for a deep threat bc Allen can't hit those throws to save his life right now 

I think Duke brings that physicality and ability to win with contested throws.

So that is my preference too, as I think having receivers out there that Josh believes can fight and win on 50/50 throws will help him continue to grow his game.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I trust Tre White to follow OBJ around, and Landry is the type of WR that Levi Wallace seems to play well against. 

Agree put Tre on OBJ.  Landry is their Slot WR so will likely not be covered by Levi Wallace.  Taron Johnson/Kevin Johnson or Siran Neal  likely get Landry