Which of the following is good enough to be part of a championship team?

Which/Who of the following is good enough to be part of a championship team?   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which/Who of the following is good enough to be part of a championship team?

• GM Beane
    • HC McDermott
    • OC Daboll
    • DC Frazier
    • QB Josh Allen
    • Bill's Non-QB Offensive Talent
    • Bill's Defensive Talent.
    • None of the Above

I would only include the defense.

McDermott is not a good in-game coach and reminds me of Marv Levy--someone who can and probably would be outcoached in a big game against a top coach.

Might include Beane on the list; that's more tangential.

6 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Everything but Daboll, which is impacting the “non-QB offensive talent.” 

The irony is that Doboll's in last place in this poll, but he's the only one who has actually been a part of a championship team.  Multiple championship teams.

Image result for brian daboll alabama championship

Image result for brian daboll patriots championship

Leslie Frazier is also good enough to be part of a championship team

Image result for leslie frazier super bowl shuffle

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Everything but Daboll, which is impacting the “non-QB offensive talent.” 

This. He's got a lot more weapons this year, a more mature Josh Allen, a better line, and the same or worse results. 3 out of 4 years as an OC prior to the Bills and couldn't get out of the 30s in rank. He's not cutting it.

• Like (+1) 1

The fact that the offense is not good and turns the ball over is a major problem.  I remember after week 1, anyone who was critical of Josh Allen was met with 'hey he's always found a way to win dating back to college'... well guess what, this is the NFL.  You won't beat good teams or even average teams if you turn the ball over.

Edited by Jobot

I must see something else on Sundays because to me, the only sure thing is are non-QB offensive talent and defense. Maybe Beane, McD, and Frazier. I’m entirely not sure on Daboll.

I don’t think McD is an exceptional game day coach but he’s good enough to get it done. SB history is littered with coaches who were “good enough.” I like the job Beane has done, for the most part. Frazier, I’m not sure of because of the same reoccurring breakdowns and I’m not sure who’s really calling the defense after last year. Daboll, I’m not sure what kind of limitations McD’s demands and Allen place on him.

I haven’t seen anything that suggests Josh Allen is a Super Bowl quality QB. Im not even sure he’s a franchise caliber QB yet. The rest of the offensive talent is fine. I think Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc., have this roster of offensive talent in championship contention. The talent isn’t elite but it’s good.

The defense would be good enough with a competently functioning offense backing it up.

Edited by eanyills

NOBODY!

Yet.

The D? Good... not the 85 Bears, by any stretch.

Possible McD could become a Top 5 HC. A looong way to go. 
Same with Beane Boy

Allen? Not close to the Top 12.

”The other talent”? Not the Sunday Beer League like 2018, but NONE are even approaching Pro Bowl status.

Frazier?

Daboll? Puuulease... near the bottom.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Be more specific - are you asking about "in their current roles" or "as part of the team in some capacity"?

Base it on the titles in the answers. For the players assume it means as starters. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Can I answer "Don't know"? 

I think McDermott, Frazier and our D but I can't prove that either way. 

Some day you will know if that was right. Unless you are concerned they will always be held back by others. 

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

1 hour ago, Tisker A Tasker said:

The irony is that Doboll's in last place in this poll, but he's the only one who has actually been a part of a championship team.  Multiple championship teams.

Image result for brian daboll alabama championship

Image result for brian daboll patriots championship

Leslie Frazier is also good enough to be part of a championship team

Image result for leslie frazier super bowl shuffle

The only person who can't blame other people on the list is GM Beane.  He controls it all.