Week#9 Thread Bills vs. Redskins

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, syhuang said:

AP played through high and low ankle sprains last week against Vikings.

I wouldn't relax about this.  AP can still gash us for 200+ if McD and Frazier didn't make a few adjustments.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I wouldn't relax about this.  AP can still gash us for 200+ if McD and Frazier didn't make a few adjustments.

Agreed.  Washington is a funny team.  You think of them generally as being pure crap, but look at some of their games.  Gave Eagles a good fight and lost 32-27; lost 9-0 to the 49ers; they beat the Dolphins by a point; gave Dallas a pretty good fight in a 31-21 loss...

I guess the key is they are doing a lot of losing, but they can come out on Sunday and give us some trouble, just as any team in the NFL can against any other.

Have to be prepared, as always!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'd like to see a few screen passes to Singletary.  Why the hell don't we run screens?

It ought to be a staple, but somehow it isn't. And maybe establishing the run game a bit so the play action is more plausible. Football 101 or maybe I'm just old.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

The times they have tried it usually failed.  Same way last year.  

Why is that do you think? Is it a problem with the skill set of the o-line, Josh Allen? You'd think one ought to be able to get reasonably proficient at the screen.

10 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Not really.  AP can still bring it and is a physical runner.

I think the highest total for any RB this year vs the Bills D is Barkley at 107. Is AP 100 yards/game better than Barkley at this point? Even BOTH  of phil’s RBs combined only reached 170 and that was with the threat of the eagles passing game. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the highest total for any RB this year vs the Bills D is Barkley at 107. Is AP better than Barkley at this point?

I guess we'll find out.  Maybe there's a chance that McD and Frazier fixed the problem.  If they didn't, I wouldn't put it past AP.

19 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I guess we'll find out.  Maybe there's a chance that McD and Frazier fixed the problem.  If they didn't, I wouldn't put it past AP.

Just saying... it would be an outlier. Even if nothing is fixed. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

53 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Not really.  AP can still bring it and is a physical runner.

Yes really. He hasn’t run for 200 since his 20’s, he’s on an awful offense, and the bills had one bad game against the run.... 100? Sure. 200? Come on man. 

it’s a fairly dramatic take. 

40 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Let’s not act like this has been a problem all season... it was one game against a team with some serious horsepower up front. 

the bills went into that game with the #9 rush d. And are still in the middle of the pack at 17. Again, you’re being a bit excessive here.... let’s worry about that 200 when it actually makes sense, like when we travel to Dallas vs that line and zeke. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Why is that do you think? Is it a problem with the skill set of the o-line, Josh Allen? You'd think one ought to be able to get reasonably proficient at the screen.

I don’t know why, But it seems like we haven’t had a solid screen game since Chan’s offense for whatever reason. 

Just now, Chandemonium said:

I don’t know why, But it seems like we haven’t had a solid screen game since Chan’s offense for whatever reason. 

I agree. It's puzzling and annoying, because it's proven as an effective counter against aggressive defenses.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:15 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think so. He has Brown between the hashes open. Sitting in a soft spot. At the 0:03 mark Allen’s feet are set. Pass rusher is about 5-6 yards away. JB is right in front of him. Taking off is classic JA

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I agree. It's puzzling and annoying, because it's proven as an effective counter against aggressive defenses.

The Bills timing on and “ selling “ of the screen is terrible. They rarely look like they have one set up to break for big yardage. Probably a mixture of issues, but you can probably start with the OL. 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don’t think so. He has Brown between the hashes open. Sitting in a soft spot. At the 0:03 mark Allen’s feet are set. Pass rusher is about 5-6 yards away. JB is right in front of him. Taking off is classic JA

Pretty sure he's right. Brown isn't a read here, he's running a cross to carry the safety. Doesn't whip his head around, lazy path up into coverage...read is corner to Williams or whoever that is.  Play breaks down because LB doesn't bite on playfake. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Pretty sure he's right. Brown isn't a read here, he's running a cross to carry the safety. Doesn't whip his head around, lazy path up into coverage...read is corner to Williams or whoever that is.  Play breaks down because LB doesn't bite on playfake. 

Yep, LB wasn’t sucked in by run action. A throw to Brown there may have been jumped, wasn’t an option. Pretty much blew the play up. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1