Josh Gordon is about to be available

HappyDays

i'm all for it as long as the roster spot comes from another position. i think foster can be a huge asset. between his injuries and lack of targets....not too mention josh's inaccurate long ball, i wouldn't get rid of him. he's our levi wallace on offense and we're gonna need him. adding gordon though could be a big boost. we are gonna have injuries down the line. depth at receiver is gonna be crucial....kinda like josh being better at hitting those wide open deep balls.

that's our ticket to beating the pats in the end. having enough weapons to survive to the end. it's easy to tell that's what they're thinking and we should be doing the same.

Edited by billsredneck1

16 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Issue is Gordon thrives on deep shots and 50/50 balls.  Neither is Tom's forte anymore. 

Good point, but John Brown is a speedy deep threat, and Allen hasn’t been able to connect with him once. Why bring a guy in hopes of Allen finding the deep ball? Deep shots and 50/50 balls are the only thing Gordon can do, that’s my exact concern. He appears slow, and doesn’t look like an exceptional all around WR at this stage in his career imo. If I bring in a WR, I want an all around complete player. I don’t want a possibly washed up guy with a checkered past. 

Edited by SirAndrew

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Good point, but John Brown is a speedy deep threat, and Allen hasn’t been able to connect with him once. Why bring a guy in hopes of Allen finding the deep ball? Deep shots and 50/50 balls are the only thing Gordon can do, that’s my exact concern. He appears slow, and doesn’t look like an exceptional all around WR at this stage in his career imo. 

i don't get that at all. he's a deep middle/post threat that would garner respect from snap one. i say yes.

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

what risk?

That he becomes part of the offense (even if just a small part, as I don’t think he’s close to being a game changing guy) , and the team is quickly forced to adjust to life without him after he gets suspended. I’d prefer to work with what we have. He’s been unreliable his entire career, and I don’t like messing with team chemistry. 

Edited by SirAndrew

If he’s healthy it’s worth looking in to.

Knows probably some of our system, a possession type we need.

If it’s just some bone bruises and he says he’s good if cut, work him out, question him whatever.

Belichick is weird when it come to personnel.

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Does this mean they are expecting something from the NFL - another suspension?

Seems strange with the timing that just as he is coming back they do this - not a week or so ago.

Not sure I do anything until I am sure of the whole story.

He'll get suspended the second the Bills sign him.