Brandon Beane’s approach to the trade deadline - May intensify after yesterday

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Bills held their offense to 9 points. The need pass catchers or RBs that win one on one. 

Vs the jet the ball was out in under two seconds most of the night.  The alll century team pass rush isn’t disrupting that. 

I don’t disagree and good point on getting the ball out quickly.  While Wallace had a rough outing against the phins, my thought was that they could hold up long enough in the secondary for another pass rusher opposite Jerry or Ed to get home. But you’re right. We’ve had Mario, Jerry, Kyle, and peak Dareus and it didn’t matter. Doesn’t get much better than that and They still beat us soundly with quick passing.

I wouldn’t hate to add another receiver, but they are already struggling to get Foster on the field, so unless it’s a Mike Evans type of guy, I worry it would just be more of the same.

You’ve probably said in another thread, but any receiver or RB that you had in mind?

Edited by TheProcess

On 10/21/2019 at 7:50 AM, freddyjj said:

Yesterday showed Bills need help at:

1. SAM position behind Milano.  History shows he can't be counted on for 16 games as hurt each of first 3 years.

2. Edge Rusher.  Bills struggled to get pressure from outside despite Miami OTs being below average.  This is top trade target at deadline. 

3. WR continues to be a need on this team. Another outside target with separation skills would help. 

Phone lines are open at OBD 

I feel like Murphy has really played average the past few weeks however I haven’t really looked hard enough at him or the role he is being asked to play. On the surface, DE seems like it needs an upgrade.

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I'm sorry; however, I just do not understand this, almost unhealthy, fixation on the deep ball.

The threat opens up everything else on the offense.  Allen has a cannon and we have burners at wideout.  What good is the former if he can't hit on deep routes?

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

The threat opens up everything else on the offense.  Allen has a cannon and we have burners at wideout.  What good is the former if he can't hit on deep routes?

To add - it is basic math. If a QB is limited you can shrink the field and this greatly impacts the offense. Any OC is looking to create space, that is essentially what play design is. 

I’d love Oj howard or Brate to pair with Knox.  Kroft is jag.  Sweeney is likely Jag.  I feel duke could be a nice pairing opposite brown with Beasley in the slot.  

I’m always down to upgrade the OL.  Problem is, no one wants to trade the good OL

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He doesn't have to throw 50 yd bombs to utilize the talent in his arm - that's not the strength of his game. The deep pass is such a miniscule aspect of the passing game for most QBs. And, it's not as if the defense is just going to stop covering any receiver that goes deep. The threat is still there as long as he is taking shots. Eventually he will start completing them. He has improved in areas that are much more critical to moving the ball consistently and effectively. Patience.

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

To add - it is basic math. If a QB is limited you can shrink the field and this greatly impacts the offense. Any OC is looking to create space, that is essentially what play design is. 

For the most part, the Bills haven't had problems moving the ball, and when they have, it's not because the D doesn't respect the deep game. Their problem has been in finishing scoring drives between the opponent's 40 and 20 yard lines. That's the issue and there are numerous resons why - none of which involve the deep pass. 

This preoccupation with the deep pass is, IMO, ridiculous. It just sounds like a shift from "he can't complete the short pass" or he isn't accurate and will never be a 60% completion QB" or any of the other things people were complaining about last year....

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

see Ryan Fitzpatrick. he plays the horizontal game generally speaking.

and how he gained success under Chan.

we only have one burner burning right now.

But Allen would do well to hit him in the hands.

who was the CB for us that discovered he needed contact lenses....

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

For the most part, the Bills haven't had problems moving the ball, and when they have, it's not because the D doesn't respect the deep game. Their problem has been in finishing scoring drives between the opponent's 40 and 20 yard lines. That's the issue and there are numerous resons why - none of which involve the deep pass. 

This preoccupation with the deep pass is, IMO, ridiculous. It just sounds like a shift from "he can't complete the short pass" or he isn't accurate and will never be a 60% completion QB" or any of the other things people were complaining about last year....

its always somethin' getting up under a cowboys saddle  and chaffing 'em.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/21/2019 at 10:09 PM, Floydboy12 said:

I think at this point of the season the only move that makes a lot of sense is an edge rusher. Don't have to teach him a lot of your scheme quickly. Just let him go. Not sure who is out there that fits the bill. Ngakoue is the pipe dream but I'm sure the Jags think they're still a playoff contender. Beasley may be worth a late pick. I liked Lorenzo Carter a lot in last years draft. Maybe the Giants are ready to move on from him? 

That's where I'm at. It doesn't look like the offense is going to be dynamic. Those are just the facts. But adding that pass rusher to an already strong defense puts them over the edge into elite category. You'd have to say it's been the defense that's won the majority of the games. It would also be much more difficult to acclimate an offensive player mid season. Edge rushers generally do one thing. Go get the QB. I'm all about a move for Von Miller.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's where I'm at. It doesn't look like the offense is going to be dynamic. Those are just the facts. But adding that pass rusher to an already strong defense puts them over the edge into elite category. You'd have to say it's been the defense that's won the majority of the games. It would also be much more difficult to acclimate an offensive player mid season. Edge rushers generally do one thing. Go get the QB. I'm all about a move for Von Miller.

Von Miller and Robert Foster getting healthy and flashing late last season form is the best route to this team getting to and being dangerous in the post-season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

If this was even possible and the Bills feel that Miller has three good years left. then go for it. Miller's contributions would justify some of the draft capital in a trade. In order to even consider Miller, the  Bills had better be convinced that time starts now, and they have absolute confidence in this defense. The 2020 draft  would round out the team.

• Like (+1) 1