Brandon Beane’s approach to the trade deadline - May intensify after yesterday

YoloinOhio

On 10/21/2019 at 7:41 AM, Sundancer said:

If they can get one of those guys, it would be awesome. I want a WR badly but Von Miller on this D would be really fun. 

Miller on this defense would be a massive boost to an already great D. I've given a lot of thought to Green (now the only WR available), and I agree with others that his health issues wouldn't be of much use to Allen. Not gonna deny the guy is talented, but availability circumvents talent and he seems to be injured too much to take a chance on. How can fans ignore that yet point out a ton of times how Watkins was so injury prone?  But back to Miller, my god, he just did a video with Bruce Smith and all I could think of was Miller in a Bills uni. I hope Bruce used some persuasion or maybe Miller gave it a thought

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/21/2019 at 8:00 AM, SCBills said:

I don’t know how concerned to be about LB depth.  Kind of a perfect storm with Milano out, as well as Thompson.   Anytime a team has to go to the backups, backup, there can be a pretty big drop off.    I wouldn’t be opposed to getting better depth though.  

I do agree with EDGE.  I think Fitz was getting the ball out really quick, as well as moving well in the pocket.  That being said, I’d be offering Shaq and a pick to anyone with an available pass rusher, not named Vic Beasley.   We’re paying/drafting someone at EDGE this offseason... going to be Shaq or someone else anyway. 

Also agree with WR.  John Brown is a stud.  Cole Beasley is solid.  Duke is definitely worth investing in, but after two games, I don’t think he’s going to be the cure-all.  McKenzie needs to get the ball more, but that’s besides the point.  Foster and Roberts are speed guys, but one can’t get healthy, and the other is a guy who should be KR/PR - WR depth.  We have the pieces, but are still lacking the guy who can draw attention opposite John Brown. 

Foster is healthy and was scratched vs. Miami. Not sure what is going on with him.

On 10/21/2019 at 12:14 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Edge is the biggest need on the team. Von Miller is the answer.

I like the Keenan Allen idea above too.

I don't see Atlanta trading Julio

AJ Green could in interesting.  Trade for him and let him heal for a few more weeks. Bring him back for the stretch run. Deep speed opposite Brown would open up the entire offense.

Again, it matters not if JA cannot hit the deep pass, which he has shown to date he cannot

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
missing word

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Foster is healthy and was scratched vs. Miami. Not sure what is going on with him.

Again, it matters not if JA cannot hit the deep pass, which he has shown to date he cannot

He could last year.  It's been a problem all year but he can snap out of it.  His short to intermediate accuracy is much improved.  I will take that over long ball any day.  But if he could hit just a few over the next few weeks it will open up the offense.  

On 10/21/2019 at 7:20 AM, MtlBillsFan said:

Milano is a huge loss for this defense. Alexander (Maurice) was targeted all day yesterday and couldnt do the job.

LB would be my priority.

I think the Bills like Corey Thompson as their LB depth behind Milano.  You're right that Maurice Alexander couldn't do the job, but remember he's the 3rd string.  They should be trying to upgrade Alexander though, but you don't do a big trade for your 3rd string guy

I wonder if the Bills lose communication on D with Milano out as they would if they lost one of Hyde/Poyer

16 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Foster is healthy and was scratched vs. Miami. Not sure what is going on with him

5 WR active on game day because 3 TE

1) Brown

2) Beasley

3) Zay Jones, now Duke Williams - plays ST

4) Isaiah McKensie - speed and gadget guy, has played ST

5) Andre Roberts - primary KR/PR on ST

You activate Foster, you healthy scratch one of the others.  Who?  Foster needs to build his repetoire to get back on the active roster, or to demonstrate in practice that what he brings >> what McKensie brings.  Injuries, now, that's different.

On 10/21/2019 at 9:30 PM, PaulieYayo said:

Especially since JA has shown he cant hit the deep pass even when there is clear separation 

Dabol took away his "hero ball" in favor of improving his short game, and now folks are complaining. :lol:

On 10/22/2019 at 12:09 AM, Floydboy12 said:

I think at this point of the season the only move that makes a lot of sense is an edge rusher. Don't have to teach him a lot of your scheme quickly. Just let him go. Not sure who is out there that fits the bill. Ngakoue is the pipe dream but I'm sure the Jags think they're still a playoff contender. Beasley may be worth a late pick. I liked Lorenzo Carter a lot in last years draft. Maybe the Giants are ready to move on from him? 

The Jags are definitely still in it. I don't think anyone in that division is winning more than 10 games, and I also think that a terrible AFC means that it's very possible a 9-win team gets a WC slot. 

On 10/21/2019 at 9:34 PM, TheProcess said:

Who can we get to help us slay the cheats (besides a QB like some of you wise guys are thinking out there)? In all seriousness, what helps us most toward that goal? I’m thinking pass rusher. 

Bills held their offense to 9 points. The need pass catchers or RBs that win one on one. 

Vs the jet the ball was out in under two seconds most of the night.  The alll century team pass rush isn’t disrupting that. 

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Dabol took away his "hero ball" in favor of improving his short game, and now folks are complaining. :lol:

It's been a tale of two stories from last year to this year.  His deep ball throws aren't just missing by a little...he's missing badly.  It needs to be corrected or offense is going to continue to be stagnant.