Jalen Ramsey Traded to Rams

15 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

They have a many large contracts on their roster and they will either need to franchise him or offer him the moon to guarantee he stays.  

I wonder if they thought of this before making the move.

• Haha (+1) 1

What a dumb trade.  The Rams have problems on OLine and still at LB.  Now no first round picks for 2 years.  They'll be battling Arizona for the basement of the NFC West.

17 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

This makes AFC weaker so I like it.

Buuuut Jax in 2 years has 4 1st rd picks  f*******!

Don’t worry they will screw them up

The dumbest deal/trade I’ve ever seen maybe even more worse than the Hershel Walker trade between Minnesota and Dallas. Rams have no cap room next year and will not have a first round pick for the next 5 years, this GM should be fired. If I was Kronke I would fire him instantly. Bone headed move.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I wonder if they thought of this before making the move.

You have to wonder.  They just signed Goff, Donald, Gurley, and Cooks to big deals all within the last two years.  They still have to come up with a long term contract for Ramsey...with $22M free cap space in 2020.

Ramsey in 3 games this year targeted 22 times allowing 15 completions for 147 yards 1 td and a 101.9 passer rating.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well, he's better than three of the four.  And between him and Mack, it's pretty close.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You have to wonder.  They just signed Goff, Donald, Gurley, and Cooks to big deals all within the last two years.  They still have to come up with a long term contract for Ramsey...with $22M free cap space in 2020.

Do you really have to wonder if they thought of it? Do you think they just up and forgot about the cap?

Or at the end of the year do they give him a high signing bonus contract pushing the hit down the line with plans of Gurley coming off the books sooner rather than later and Goffs cap hit to drop while the cap continues to rise?

Things seem to have really changed lately.  Lots of first round picks flying around the last two years or so.  For quite awhile, they were never traded. 

10 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

This is a very nice cherry pick now show us about 20 to 40 similar examples of this and your point is made.To me there is no evidence of a discernible trend where this is actually the case and works with great frequency. I believe it is quite rare, actually. Otherwise, I believe that the best way to build a team is through the draft.

Thanks?

I didn't post to change your beliefs, so it's all good.🍺

• Like (+1) 1

More evidence along with some of the horrific long term contracts that NFL owners are not smart when it comes to football. 

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Wow good bye rams future 

This move has nothing to do with the Rams future.

It's a "win now" move to the hilt.  Whether it works or was fair value remains to be seen.

57 minutes ago, mannc said:

He is arguably the best CB in the league.  It's a premier position, arguably worth even more than a top edge rusher.  That's worth 2 firsts.  There were apparently multiple teams willing to give that up for him.

I'd never want to trade 2 firsts for that pain in the ass. Never.

Or any CB for that matter.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

This move has nothing to do with the Rams future.

It's a "win now" move to the hilt.  Whether it works or was fair value remains to be seen.

I completely disagree. I don’t know how you can ignore the fact that they are giving up two future draft picks, and say it doesn’t impact their future. 

I agree, as I said elsewhere, its 100% a win now move. And as you said, we’ll see if it works or he plays to an all-pro level. But it’s hard for me to see how trading such heavily valued draft capital can be seen as not jeopardizing the future. 

8 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I'd never want to trade 2 firsts for that pain in the ass. Never.

Or any CB for that matter.

Well his name wasn’t Jalen Jaguarsy

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I'd take that trade for white in a second

That would set us back a year or two on this journey in my opinion.  We need to keep moving forward, giving up one of our top 2 or 3 players takes away our momentum.

• Like (+1) 2

I actually think the Rams’ philosophy is pretty interesting. Maybe when you have 4 or 5 stud corner pieces, as they think they do, you just go after elite players and push off the dead cap hits and draft pick losses as far as you can? 

Plus, being in a new and fickle market like LA, you wonder if the team is thinking they have to win now and build loyalty or else they won’t have a fan base for the future. 

41 minutes ago, Augie said:

And..........then you need to PAY THE MAN! Too rich for my blood. 

I love McD’s scheme where we can get some CB’s who can do the job without TOTALLY breaking the bank. 

agreed sir! the Rams have about a 3 year window. they miss, they are done. What I wouldn't give to see JA flex at Ramsey in a SuperBowl lol. At this point, I'll take Tre and Wallace👍

1 hour ago, Lafromboise said:

Rams imploding..

They really are..

They're panicking

They're not built particularly well.. their window looks like it's already closing honestly. 

15 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

That would set us back a year or two on this journey in my opinion.  We need to keep moving forward, giving up one of our top 2 or 3 players takes away our momentum.

And White is beloved in that locker room. He's also one of the top CB in the game. He's the#1 CB on the best passing d in football since 2018.

Def not making that trade!

1 hour ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

That’s the price of difference makers these days. The Bills would never trade like that and the results show.

I would have given up 3 1sts for Khalil Mack back then in a heart beat.

Man, just seems too steep

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

ill again point to them winning their conference last year. 

plenty of day two draft picks don’t work out. They moved on, got a replacement, and received a 3rd round compensatory pick. Essentially they traded back 35 spots on day 2 of the following year to try to fill a hole there. (I’m aware of Gaines but seemed ready to move on from him)

Id be fine with that choice here. Worst case is what happened, best case you get a good guy cheap.

Yeah, Sammy the Decoy propelled them to the conference finals. Just stop. They got swindled in that deal and Snead looked like a clown, just as he does today making this panic trade. He just lost a ton of leverage in Ramsey's next negotiation, as trading 2 first-round picks for a short-term rental would almost certainly get him axed (barring a miracle SB win).