Jalen Ramsey Traded to Rams

9 minutes ago, Aireskoi said:

McVay knows the History of the NFL very well, he's way smarter than his age.  This has been done before by Joe Gibbs and Bobby Beathard, they made very few 1st round picks while making regular Superbowl and playoff runs in the 80's.

Redskin 1st rounders under Gibbs:

image.thumb.jpeg.3a9f1b78b47ac71f7bc7948ac509e0c0.jpeg

When you look at the fail rate for 1st rounders it makes sense. 

The difference is the salary cap, we'll see how they maneuver that going forward.

This is a very nice cherry pick now show us about 20 to 40 similar examples of this and your point is made.To me there is no evidence of a discernible trend where this is actually the case and works with great frequency. I believe it is quite rare, actually. Otherwise, I believe that the best way to build a team is through the draft.

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fair enough, and I don't disagree.

What I DON'T like, however, and what I fear is setting a dangerous precedent, is this notion that as soon as you decide you don't want to play for your current team for whatever reason, you just start acting like a jerk, refusing to show up for work, making a scene on social media, and creating a big distraction for your team. It worked for AB (I mean, for a minute at least), it worked for Ramsey, it worked for Minkah Fitzpatrick. 

Players are more and more willing to do whatever it takes to get traded, even if it means losing money and causing huge distractions to their teams. Owners, meanwhile, as you point out, seem more and more willing to oblige the players.

I’m just fine with my team playing this differently. I was perfectly willing to let Bruce Smith sit out as soon as somebody signed a contract for more than he was making. He has the right to sit. I have the right to be somewhat disappointed, but back the team. That’s just how I’m wired. Somebody has to represent sanity in these situations. 

The fools are teams like the Rams. I’m glad I’m not a Rams fan today. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

They have a many large contracts on their roster and they will either need to franchise him or offer him the moon to guarantee he stays.  

I wonder if they thought of this before making the move.

• Haha (+1) 1

The dumbest deal/trade I’ve ever seen maybe even more worse than the Hershel Walker trade between Minnesota and Dallas. Rams have no cap room next year and will not have a first round pick for the next 5 years, this GM should be fired. If I was Kronke I would fire him instantly. Bone headed move.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I wonder if they thought of this before making the move.

You have to wonder.  They just signed Goff, Donald, Gurley, and Cooks to big deals all within the last two years.  They still have to come up with a long term contract for Ramsey...with $22M free cap space in 2020.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You have to wonder.  They just signed Goff, Donald, Gurley, and Cooks to big deals all within the last two years.  They still have to come up with a long term contract for Ramsey...with $22M free cap space in 2020.

Do you really have to wonder if they thought of it? Do you think they just up and forgot about the cap?

Or at the end of the year do they give him a high signing bonus contract pushing the hit down the line with plans of Gurley coming off the books sooner rather than later and Goffs cap hit to drop while the cap continues to rise?

10 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

This is a very nice cherry pick now show us about 20 to 40 similar examples of this and your point is made.To me there is no evidence of a discernible trend where this is actually the case and works with great frequency. I believe it is quite rare, actually. Otherwise, I believe that the best way to build a team is through the draft.

Thanks?

I didn't post to change your beliefs, so it's all good.?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Wow good bye rams future 

This move has nothing to do with the Rams future.

It's a "win now" move to the hilt.  Whether it works or was fair value remains to be seen.

57 minutes ago, mannc said:

He is arguably the best CB in the league.  It's a premier position, arguably worth even more than a top edge rusher.  That's worth 2 firsts.  There were apparently multiple teams willing to give that up for him.

I'd never want to trade 2 firsts for that pain in the ass. Never.

Or any CB for that matter.