Jalen Ramsey Traded to Rams

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I definitely won’t want a top 3 cb. I’d rather have Josh Dotcson, Treadwell, Darren Lee, Corey Coleman, Karl Joseph, etc.  that’s from 3 years ago.  

I get it’s a huge package but Ramsey is a player you are praying to draft already. 

Sorry, but this was a dumb trade. Rams got fleeced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i'd say there is about a 10% chance that Jax hits on either one of those draft picks turning into a pro bowl player at any position.

i prefer the sure thing of a 24 year old all pro. especially at a position like CB

I think at least a portion if the stress about trading picks here is being so accustomed to drafting at the top, not the bottom of the round too. 

Just now, NoSaint said:

you might not believe it but sometimes the splash is the smart football choice too, as scary as that might seem. 

Fans are always calling for the splash moves. And they'll continue to. But 90% of the time it isn't worth it. Sometimes, rarely, it is.

Build your team through the draft, resign your home grown talent, and make limited moves (not splashy ones) to fill out your roster.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Don't think they will if they win the Super Bowl and he plays a big part. 

It's absolutely worth it for a championship.

They look nothing like a championship team right now, and Ramsey isnt going to turn them into one.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

They look nothing like a championship team right now, and Ramsey isnt going to turn them into one.

They have the roster to win the NFC. They aren’t playing well and have a tougher division than last year but just need to make a run in the playoffs assuming they get there. If they don’t win the conference, it will be an awful look given all their moves not only in big money deals but trading high picks. 

1 hour ago, Aireskoi said:

Thanks?

I didn't post to change your beliefs, so it's all good.?

It is all good. Maybe I’m not sure what your point is. All I was saying was that there is not a lot of evidence to make what I think your point was. I didn’t think you were trying to change my beliefs.One thing for certain. I don’t anoint

McVay as some guru or genius in the least as some posters seem too. He hasn’t done anything yet.

4 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

That too.  I'm not liking the Rams chances for making the playoffs.  Looks like teams have figured them out on stopping that offense.

I think teams that have blue chip personnel on D can do it. Browns had success too for the most part. 

• Like (+1) 1

since the start of 2017, the former first-round pick has allowed a passer rating of just 56.2 on throws in which he was the closest defender in coverage. The only corner with a better rating over 400-plus coverage snaps is his former Jags teammate A.J. Bouye. Ramsey is first in average yards allowed per target and sixth in Coverage Success Rate over that time frame. He's capable of playing both on the outside and in the slot. The Rams are getting a superstar.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27854971/grading-jalen-ramsey-trade-jaguars-rams-won

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

They are going for it

Yeah it certainly looks that way by dropping two in a row and being well behind Seattle and SF; both of whom beat the Rams already this season.

8 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

It is all good. Maybe I’m not sure what your point is. All I was saying was that there is not a lot of evidence to make what I think your point was. I didn’t think you were trying to change my beliefs.One thing for certain. I don’t anoint

McVay as some guru or genius in the least as some posters seem too. He hasn’t done anything yet.

He’s 33, has a record of 27-11, and just went to the SB.  I guess he could have won SBs both years. Some of you have insane expectations. 

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Time to replenish the Rams draft capital... Kupp for a 3rd and 5th

Probably should have just drafted him instead of trading up for Zay.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Ok? 

Like I said, they have the talent and have been there before. It won't matter how much they gave up for him if they win a championship. 

I'll bet the Rams don't even make the playoffs this year.