Jalen Ramsey Traded to Rams

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

ill again point to them winning their conference last year. 

plenty of day two draft picks don’t work out. They moved on, got a replacement, and received a 3rd round compensatory pick. Essentially they traded back 35 spots on day 2 of the following year to try to fill a hole there. (I’m aware of Gaines but seemed ready to move on from him)

Id be fine with that choice here. Worst case is what happened, best case you get a good guy cheap.

Yeah, the Sammy deal was no where near as bad in comparison.  I mean, this team isn’t going to make the playoffs.  Pick this year will prob be mid teens.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fair enough, and I don't disagree.

What I DON'T like, however, and what I fear is setting a dangerous precedent, is this notion that as soon as you decide you don't want to play for your current team for whatever reason, you just start acting like a jerk, refusing to show up for work, making a scene on social media, and creating a big distraction for your team. It worked for AB (I mean, for a minute at least), it worked for Ramsey, it worked for Minkah Fitzpatrick. 

Players are more and more willing to do whatever it takes to get traded, even if it means losing money and causing huge distractions to their teams. Owners, meanwhile, as you point out, seem more and more willing to oblige the players.

I think it's a sign of our society honestly... Just complain till you get your way. Social media is just a microphone for idiots. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Yeah, the Sammy deal was no where near as bad in comparison.  I mean, this team isn’t going to make the playoffs.  Pick this year will prob be mid teens.

If they are actually truly past their window it gets ugly. If they have 1-2 years left it’s “meh”

McVay knows the History of the NFL very well, he's way smarter than his age.  This has been done before by Joe Gibbs and Bobby Beathard, they made very few 1st round picks while making regular Superbowl and playoff runs in the 80's.

Redskin 1st rounders under Gibbs:

image.thumb.jpeg.3a9f1b78b47ac71f7bc7948ac509e0c0.jpeg

When you look at the fail rate for 1st rounders it makes sense. 

The difference is the salary cap, we'll see how they maneuver that going forward.

2 minutes ago, Aireskoi said:

McVay knows the History of the NFL very well, he's way smarter than his age.  This has been done before by Joe Gibbs and Bobby Beathard, they made very few 1st round picks while making regular Superbowl and playoff runs in the 80's.

Redskin 1st rounders under Gibbs:

image.thumb.jpeg.3a9f1b78b47ac71f7bc7948ac509e0c0.jpeg

When you look at the fail rate for 1st rounders it makes sense. 

The difference is the salary cap, we'll see how they maneuver that going forward.

That was pre-salary cap.

edit- sorry, I see you said that.

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Jimmy G threw for 243 yards, 0 td's, and an interception... I don't think Cornerback fixes what ails them. 

Yep.  The 9ers were much more physical than the Rams in that game.  The game was decided along the line of scrimmage.

50 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

trade Peters, get Ramsey. If true, whoa!. 2 1sts and a 4th tho? yikes!

And..........then you need to PAY THE MAN! Too rich for my blood. 

I love McD’s scheme where we can get some CB’s who can do the job without TOTALLY breaking the bank.