Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I see some folks saying they'd be happy with a minimal win (1-2 pts.?,overtime?). You are seriously going to be pleased come Monday that we beat one of the worst teams in the NFL recent history, at home, as a 17 pt fav, and coming off the bye? Oh Really

Seriously,  one thing I have HATED about the Patriots, over the years, is the way Belicheat would humiliate each and every team he could by running up the score. The other was their GD fans.  They are so condescending to other teams fans.

I don't believe that "running up the score to humiliate the other team" is in keeping with McDermotts philosophy so I don't think it will happen.

Unfortunately, there seems to be too many, on this message board, that are more than willing to step up and replace the obnoxious Pats fans when they all "blow away".

That thought is sickening... 

There is not enough said, if anything at all, about Good Sportsmanship these days.

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

Stranger things have happened to the Bills. One thing being a lifelong Bills fan has taught me: Do take any win for granted.

Agreed, but when you look at the ownership / front office / coaching staff, there seems to be a commitment to excellence.  Some of the past stumblebums, clowns, opportunists, and charlatans present did not show that dedication.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Seriously,  one thing I have HATED about the Patriots, over the years, is the way Belicheat would humiliate each and every team he could by running up the score. The other was their GD fans.  They are so condescending to other teams fans.

I don't believe that "running up the score to humiliate the other team" is in keeping with McDermotts philosophy so I don't think it will happen.

Unfortunately, there seems to be too many, on this message board, that are more than willing to step up and replace the obnoxious Pats fans when they all "blow away".

That thought is sickening... 

There is not enough said, if anything at all, about Good Sportsmanship these days.

Teams have done it to us for years, this is our turn.

Bills-52 Porpoises-3

Go Bills!??

8 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

The bills haven't been coached this way, or prepared week to week with game plans, since the early 90s. 

This isnt the same old bills. 

This is the thing which gives me hope. 

In this segment of the Lo Down, 'Zo gives props to McDermott and Beane for a couple things:

1) the way they handled the 2 year tear-down/build up of the team without tanking and while maintaining/building up morale in the locker room

2) the way he is handling coming off the bye week to face a team with a poor record, making sure the team won't overlook them  (starts at about 6:20).  Says Shawn has done the best job he's ever seen as a coach to address it.  Says he challenged everybody not to look at Miami's record or what you might have seen on film, but to focus on the "ton of things" they identified at the bye that they could improve as a football team.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, CommonCents said:

The Bills are physical and have played hard each week. Turnovers are what kept their previous games close. I don’t think we have seen a team that was just going through the motions. That’s what they are likely to get on Sunday.

A highly motivated, rested, home team against a team who don’t care? Bills by 3 plus touchdowns. 

If you have the time, the "Lo Down" with 'Zo thing I linked has some good thoughts from him on what it's like to play on a losing team, from his years with Washington.

My $0.02 from what I've seen, is that I don't think the Dolphins are looking like a team that's going through the motions.  They seem to be decently coached.  They wouldn't have been able to come back as they did at the end of the Washington game if they were just going through the motions.  We can out play them but if we hand them the game, they'll take it.  Now Denver?  Denver on Thursday night, after about the 1st Q, that was a team that was just going through the motions.  It was pitiful to watch.

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just have no idea how good we are especially on offense so not expecting a blowout. I don’t  use any game’s score as a barometer.  Also Fitz is always a wild card. 

It all depends upon the state of the stuff between Josh Allen's ears. 

Hopefully coaches can use Fitzy as a cautionary example for a young QB: a guy who has undeniable talent for the game and the "it" thing, the ability to rally and motivate guys, but who was never able to build a career as a starter despite getting several real chances because he can't learn to rein in his "cowboy" gene to match his actual throwing abilities.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

yes, unfortunately. I think it’s going to come down to the wire. Hope I’m wrong. 

I guess it’s possible. But it’s extremely far fetched. This is the worst NFL team I’ve ever personally seen. The Bills came back to beat a Jets team that is 100x better, and that is with 4 turnovers. They would pretty much need to turn the ball over ten times in this game to lose or even struggle. 

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Agreed, but when you look at the ownership / front office / coaching staff, there seems to be a commitment to excellence.  Some of the past stumblebums, clowns, opportunists, and charlatans present did not show that dedication.

No doubt. The Bills from the front office down to the coaches and players seems very professional. Haven't felt as confident with a Bills organization in many, many years.  I still don't take any victory for granted. And I very much doubt the Bills do, either.  That's a great thing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Teams have done it to us for years, this is our turn.

Bills-52 Porpoises-3

Go Bills!??

You have proved my point.

The only thing some you you guys HATE about the Pats was jealousy that you were not them...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I guess it’s possible. But it’s extremely far fetched. This is the worst NFL team I’ve ever personally seen. The Bills came back to beat a Jets team that is 100x better, and that is with 4 turnovers. They would pretty much need to turn the ball over ten times in this game to lose or even struggle. 

You haven’t seen the Broncos

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I see what you're getting at but when has it been done seven games in to the season? late in the season, sure.

Closest I can think of was about five years ago. Packers vs Bears. Rodgers threw six touchdowns in the first half while the D blanked the Bears. 42-0 at halftime. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Closest I can think of was about five years ago. Packers vs Bears. Rodgers threw six touchdowns in the first half while the D blanked the Bears. 42-0 at halftime. 

good memory. it was week 10 of the 2014 season. packers coming out of a bye at home sitting on a 5-3 record. they went on to finish 12-4 losing to the seahawks in the conf. championship.

I don't believe too many other times have occurred, but week 10 and blowing the opponent out 42-0 in the first half and being AR who was already an established franchise QB. you sit him to avoid any risk of injury, makes sense.

bills coming off a bye at 4-1 facing a pretty weak division opponent could have a chance at scoring some points in the first half and holding the fins to little or no points, a blowout could happen?

but the big difference between the GB game and tomorrows game is we are looking at a young team with a young QB who has yet to establish his position and needs all the game time experience he can get. so maybe, one day down the road after he may of established himself, say like an AR and given the opportunity to blow out an opponent 42-0 in the first half, he too can take the bench?

in my opinion JA should and will play all 4 Quarters tomorrow regardless of score as he needs all the game experience he can get week in and week out.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 2