Duke signed to active roster

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

If I had a nickel for every time that was true.. smh

You would have a nickel from last week.  Maybe another from the Miami game last year when Clay dropped the TD pass.  Actually you might have a lot of nickels.  Beer is on you.

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Yea but someone has to suffer the reason why Duke was brought up.

The one's that wanted him up here should celebrate. Instead they want to make this another Zay thread. I can picture some of their arguments at home: " I told you so, I told you so, I told you so". 

Back on topic: Congrats Duke, kick some Titan Ass!

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Somewhere around the Jack Kemp Era.  I edited my post lol.

Good thing. I was gonna delete your comment. You don’t need that kind of grief in your life.

Rookie season Panthers game, this year preseason vs Vikings. There’s a slew of ‘em.

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The one's that wanted him up here should celebrate. Instead they want to make this another Zay thread. I can picture some of their arguments at home: " I told you so, I told you so, I told you so". 

Back on topic: Congrats Duke, kick some Titan Ass!

It can be effectively argued it’s a Duke thread BECAUSE of Zay Jones. Either way, Best Wishes, Duke!

• Like (+1) 2

Here we go!

If the coaches think he's ready, I'm excited to see what he can do for this offense!

We can go small and fast: Brown, Beasley, McKenzie, Foster

Or we can bulk up and go power/size: Knox, Duke, Tommy/Smith, Zay. Think how much that could help the run game. And you still have enough weapons there to pass out of that grouping, to avoid being predictable.

Or we could go any multiple, varied combinations in between based on matchups (obviously with Brown and Beasley still being two of your primary receivers most of the time).

But lots of options for Daboll!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Good thing. I was gonna delete your comment. You don’t need that kind of grief in your life.

Rookie season Panthers game, this year preseason vs Vikings. There’s a slew of ‘em.

McKelvin punt return fumbles when we had the game wrapped up against the Pats.... Twice.

Just now, HappyDays said:

This is pretty unexpected. I wouldn't be surprised if they're just putting it out there to keep Tennesse guessing, but if it's legit I'm all for it. If this is true Zay just lost his job as a starter.

I mean if he's active he's probably playing special teams as well and he does good as a blocking WR so they're bound to use him there plus maybe a few shots of his own and yeah I can see it being described as a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Now all I need is to see Zay inactive and Foster, Duke playing.

Zay doesn't strike me as a "money" player.   Nice player, just not a "$$" player.   Duke seems like he might be a fighter.  We'll see. 

Edited by ProcessTruster

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is pretty unexpected. I wouldn't be surprised if they're just putting it out there to keep Tennesse guessing, but if it's legit I'm all for it. If this is true Zay just lost his job as a starter.

I grabbed him for fantasy when I heard he was on the 53. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I just don't see that happening THIS week.  Josh going thru the protocol and all I don't see a huge change.  Now as the game goes on things

could change some and Duke gets more snaps.  

I would think any big changes as to how the WRs are used would come after the bye week.  I have held out on choosing sides about Jones but it is

really looking like he (and Foster) are losing ground in the pecking order.

Good Luck Duke Williams, show us what you got.

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It can be effectively argued it’s a Duke thread BECAUSE of Zay Jones. Either way, Best Wishes, Duke!

But it's a Duke thread. There's plenty of other Zay bashing threads. Even some that were hijacked, like this one will be.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just tweeted

YESSSSSSSSSSS!

Dukes earned it

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You ok @Alphadawg7? Are you hyperventilating? 

Yes, but only because my 43 year old, 6’4”, 290 pound body just played 9 games of full court street basketball at the park for almost 4 hours.

But my nipples did firm up quite a bit when I saw this news.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3